RIP Rotoworld

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: RIP Rotoworld

Postby yinzername » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:24 am

i'm not really having too much trouble finding and reading the "player news", which was my main use. i do need to rebookmark that page to get to it in one click but that's no biggie. and i like the homepage layout for NFL and fantasy, in fact i never used to go beyond player headlines but i feel like this will draw me back in to read more of the content
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:17 am

I deleted Rotoworld from my bookmarks. Now I’m using FootballGuys RSS player news feed. I still like RW’s headlines summary but oh well. Let me know if you guys find another good one. I also like DLF’s but that’s not up to the minute so I need both

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:07 pm

Trash.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:11 pm

Isn’t it exactly the same thing just with a little bit different look? Or is there some big diffs now?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:34 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:11 pm Isn’t it exactly the same thing just with a little bit different look? Or is there some big diffs now?
Yeah, still the same information. I will say - and this was clearly the intent - for as cheeks as it now looks on desktop, it's quite clean for mobile. So I'll continue reading the news feed that way, at least.

In more holistic "big picture" terms, their talent is definitely taking a bit of a nosedive - especially with promoting -this much- Matthew Berry (who has never been a thought leader in the fantasy space) and with de-emphasising, then relaunching, and now de-emphasising the Rotoworld branding once again.

Still some great analysts on their team. Some real clunkers have joined the fold more recently, though. A couple I would class as borderline unlistenable/un-readable from a Pods/Articles point of view.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:51 pm

mild wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:34 pm
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:11 pm Isn’t it exactly the same thing just with a little bit different look? Or is there some big diffs now?
Yeah, still the same information. I will say - and this was clearly the intent - for as cheeks as it now looks on desktop, it's quite clean for mobile. So I'll continue reading the news feed that way, at least.

In more holistic "big picture" terms, their talent is definitely taking a bit of a nosedive - especially with promoting -this much- Matthew Berry (who has never been a thought leader in the fantasy space) and with de-emphasising, then relaunching, and now de-emphasising the Rotoworld branding once again.

Still some great analysts on their team. Some real clunkers have joined the fold more recently, though. A couple I would class as borderline unlistenable/un-readable from a Pods/Articles point of view.
I like the player headlines summary module. That's the first thing I would look at before scrolling through the player news. Hopefully they'll bring that back because I can't seem to find it anymore.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:37 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news

Not understanding the big deal…

*at least for mobile browser, which is the only place I visit the site.

waryo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby waryo » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:40 am

I like that they completely broke the official iOS app. Great job guys.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:54 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:37 am https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news

Not understanding the big deal…

*at least for mobile browser, which is the only place I visit the site.
It looks best on Mobile, which is probably the whole thrust of their redesign.

Now try looking at it on Desktop.

Or... using their old app. :ewink:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:17 pm

jordanzs wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:51 pm
mild wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:34 pm

I like the player headlines summary module. That's the first thing I would look at before scrolling through the player news. Hopefully they'll bring that back because I can't seem to find it anymore.
Headlines option was the only purpose of the site for quite awhile. It is gone.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:22 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:15 pm Player profiler
Playerprofiler has become bloated as well. Years ago, Matt Kelley swore against paid advertising on PP, now it's all over the place. I totally understand it, the purpose is to get paid, but it comes off as hypocritical when you look back at how adamant he was against it.

My biggest gripe is the oversaturation of mediocre podcasts they seem to be churning out daily. More isn't always better.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:44 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:22 pm
Playerprofiler has become bloated as well. Years ago, Matt Kelley swore against paid advertising on PP, now it's all over the place. I totally understand it, the purpose is to get paid, but it comes off as hypocritical when you look back at how adamant he was against it.

My biggest gripe is the oversaturation of mediocre podcasts they seem to be churning out daily. More isn't always better.
I see soooooo many Podcasts on Spotify. I’ve made life easier by sticking to The Fantasy Footballers first

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:25 am

The amount of hour+ long shows they put out each day is ridiculous. There's just no reason for that much content in June...

I also understand they are a network or whatever these days, but I couldn't care less about a lot of the dudes they throw on there. It's watering down their own product imo

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:30 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:25 am

The amount of hour+ long shows they put out each day is ridiculous. There's just no reason for that much content in June...

I also understand they are a network or whatever these days, but I couldn't care less about a lot of the dudes they throw on there. It's watering down their own product imo
Absolutely agree. I really liked the Matt Kelley and Nate Liss dynamic from years ago. It was entertaining and informative.

All these new hosts across the multitude of shows on their platform are pumping out turkey-and-cheese-on-white-bread podcasts.
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:46 am

jordanzs wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:44 pm I see soooooo many Podcasts on Spotify. I’ve made life easier by sticking to The Fantasy Footballers first

On the good side, their banter and jokes and stings are top tier.