FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: SEA RBs - Walker v Charbonnet

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:49 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:42 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:30 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:27 pm

We're at the point in the off-season where people are talking about a Pete Carroll off-season fluff piece :lol:

Yeah, it's just a few quotes, but the piece itself wasn't focused on Carroll, they were focused on KW. 2 separate ones is where I got the info. I agree that Carroll is sunshine and roses, but it's good to hear Walker is actively wanting to put as much work in as possible at catching passes.

I will try and get a shot of KW in shorts, with his quad flexing for you, if you'd like, haven't seen any of those shots yet, about what kind of shape a guy is in, and how he's really hit the weights hard etc. :lol:
KW has got to "have taken a real step forward, came in here in the best shape of his life." :lol:
yeah, but where is the twitter shot of KW in shorts, with the quote over top of it???? Somebody needs to step up!
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:13 pm

Over the shoulder a bit?. Nice grab. Laid out for that. That's where playing WR at some point in your life definitely pays off.

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1669069150604644353
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:13 pm Over the shoulder. Nice grab. That's where playing WR at some point in your life definitely pays off.

You were just in another thread saying how positive plays in OTAs don't mean anything :lol:

Welcome to the dark side, where they can mean something.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:18 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:17 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:13 pm Over the shoulder. Nice grab. That's where playing WR at some point in your life definitely pays off.

You were just in another thread saying how positive plays in OTAs don't mean anything :lol:

I am more about positive blurbs. I need to see it. That's a grab, man. LOL. Laid out for it, too. The routine stuff I am not so big on. A lot of videos on basic stuff. Once in a while, you see stuff confirmed, though, for sure. Like Walker has been working on his receiving work, even fielding punts and kicks to get extra reps, then you see that. That's confirms something. I agree, drum beats can happen. You need to hear it constantly, and see it. Things do tend to be rosy, but yeah, there is SOME things to be gleaned from all of this, no doubt.

https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1669080330987503616

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:24 pm

Walkers receiving ability was never much of a concern for me honestly.

Pass blocking was/is.

Any word on that?
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:30 pm

*ahem* :lol:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:39 pm

*only matters for players owned

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:44 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:39 pm

Nah, I'm not like that. I just haven't seen any actual video evidence of some of the other stuff. Like Elijah. I think constant positive talk is good, but I need to see something of what they are talking about. I think Ceedee was one a few years back where I heard a lot, and then saw a few plays, and was like, yeah, OK, I get it. Didn't own him there.

Mgscott really pushed me to delve into Walker more, in the pre draft process last year. I think he can be a special player, which is why I invested in him, after doing a lot of research. The more that comes out, the more it seems to be that it was a case of the offense not throwing to the RB, rather than Walker not being a good pass catcher. He's so explosive, if they can get him involved in the passive game as well, he could explode.

The system under Carroll is more what concerns me, as he traditionally hasn't had offenses that target the RB's all that much, but who knows. I don't expect 70 catch seasons, but if Walker can put up 2 catches a game on average, combined with his rushing ability, that should put him in the 1400-1500 total yard territory, and that's fine by me.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:03 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:44 pm

Nah, I'm not like that. I just haven't seen any actual video evidence of some of the other stuff. Like Elijah. I think constant positive talk is good, but I need to see something of what they are talking about. I think Ceedee was one a few years back where I heard a lot, and then saw a few plays, and was like, yeah, OK, I get it. Didn't own him there.

Mgscott really pushed me to delve into Walker more, in the pre draft process last year. I think he can be a special player, which is why I invested in him, after doing a lot of research. The more that comes out, the more it seems to be that it was a case of the offense not throwing to the RB, rather than Walker not being a good pass catcher. He's so explosive, if they can get him involved in the passive game as well, he could explode.

The system under Carroll is more what concerns me, as he traditionally hasn't had offenses that target the RB's all that much, but who knows. I don't expect 70 catch seasons, but if Walker can put up 2 catches a game on average, combined with his rushing ability, that should put him in the 1400-1500 total yard territory, and that's fine by me.
Wish more people were this optimistic about Walker’s workload.

I’ve been trying to move him since Charbonnet was drafted to no avail.

I could be wrong, but I really feel that Charb and Walker are similarly talented RBs that have very complementary skillsets; so 1400-1500 rushing yards is very optimistic

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:04 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:03 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:44 pm

Wish more people were this optimistic about Walker’s workload.

I could be wrong, but I really feel that Charb and Walker are similarly talented RBs that have very complementary skillsets; so 1400-1500 rushing yards is very optimistic
Total yards, this year. Not rushing yards. I think Walker is vastly more talented, and I had Charbs as one of my top RB's. I think Charbs will have a role, no backfield is one guy.

However, I'm doing the opposite, I'm trying to get Walker since Charbs was drafted, at a cheaper price.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:04 pm
Total yards, this year. Not rushing yards. I think Walker is vastly more talented, and I had Charbs as one of my top RB's. I think Charbs will have a role, no backfield is one guy.

However, I'm doing the opposite, I'm trying to get Walker since Charbs was drafted, at a cheaper price.
I think this is the smart move. And as someone with a Walker share from the draft last year, I honesty don't mind the Charb addition for fantasy too much. It's the way the NFL is trending at the position anyway, and has been for years. I agree with you as to the pecking order, but both players will get their touches.

While Charbonnet could have landed in a better spot for him individually, I am pretty excited about this backfield for the foreseeable future. They could form a very potent 1-2 punch, and we know Carroll likes to run the ball.

Depending on who's available with my later 1st's, I'm not out on Charbonnet at all. It's basically a good buying opportunity for him as well, as he'd probably have an ADP several spots higher than you can get him now had he landed elsewhere. And if one or the other misses time...
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:31 am

Sriracha wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:03 pm Wish more people were this optimistic about Walker’s workload.

Agreed. Again, if Charbonnet was drafted to his own backfield, we're talking about Charbonnet being in for a big rookie season. Charbonnet has the majority of things you could want in a lead back; he just doesn't have lead back opportunity.

In theory, Walker being more involved in the receiving game sounds great, but Seattle also drafted two RBs who are clearly more experienced in that area than Walker. Crazier things have happened, but it seems like the receiving game will be how Charbonnet earns value initially. And it's possible he even works in for goal line formations and red zone.

It's going to be really interesting.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:19 am

I think Walker is miles ahead of Charbonnet. He's my #1 RB target in dynasty. He looked like he could be the RB1 last year and Charbonnet only registers as a slight blip on the radar for me.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:35 am

I’ve got to admit surprise that many think Walker is so superior to Charbonnet. Walker had a horrendous stuff rate - 4th worst in the NFL. Penny outproduced Walker by 1.5 ypa while carrying predominantly on 1st/2nd down opportunities. Penny was sent packing despite that - I’m guessing because he just wasn’t reliable with his extensive injury history - but I see Carroll picking a guy like Charbonnet so high is because he projects more dependable production both rushing and receiving and looks be be solid in pass protection as well.

Walker’s production to date is more like that of a complimentary RB rather than the lead back, where he sprinkles in big gainers amongst a bunch of negative runs and he’s a minus in the passing game. I don’t see a scenario where Charbonnet doesn’t get an opportunity for meaningful work in all situations unless he just falls flat during TC/PS.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:31 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:35 am I’ve got to admit surprise that many think Walker is so superior to Charbonnet. Walker had a horrendous stuff rate - 4th worst in the NFL. Penny outproduced Walker by 1.5 ypa while carrying predominantly on 1st/2nd down opportunities. Penny was sent packing despite that - I’m guessing because he just wasn’t reliable with his extensive injury history - but I see Carroll picking a guy like Charbonnet so high is because he projects more dependable production both rushing and receiving and looks be be solid in pass protection as well.

Walker’s production to date is more like that of a complimentary RB rather than the lead back, where he sprinkles in big gainers amongst a bunch of negative runs and he’s a minus in the passing game. I don’t see a scenario where Charbonnet doesn’t get an opportunity for meaningful work in all situations unless he just falls flat during TC/PS.
I'm not sure about how this backfield will shake out at all. Obviously off-season chatter, but word regarding Walker is that the last three games of the season is when the light came on for him. He's feeling more comfortable in the system, and things are slowing down for him. I'm hopeful that some of his poor numbers from last year improve with the experience from his rookie year.

That said, I'm admittedly a Hawks fan, and I love the Charbonnet pick! It's my feeling that Seattle now has one of the best backfields in the league. I'm in on buying both backs, as their perceived value seems down at present due to the uncertainty of the situation. Though maybe (maybe not) a disappointment for fantasy, I love the pick for the franchise.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku