What direction should I head in here?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
JoshuaGordon_9
Starter
Starter

What direction should I head in here?

Postby JoshuaGordon_9 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:35 pm

Team 3 in signature. Middling team, just missed playoffs last year. Definitely don't think I've made enough strides to be a contender this year.

Got a few feelers out there for trades, but nothing great.

Guy with AJB wants Breece Hall.
He also has just Rodgers, and Tanny at QB, and has been after Cousins all off-season, but I'm struggling to put something together there.

I know I need WRs, but a lot of the high end guys are pretty untouchable. Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, ARSB all unavailable.

Is there any glaring directions I should look to move here?
I don't mind trading any player or future pick

The future 1.01 is also quite known, and is rather hard to get, so not sure that's an option either
Team 1: 12T PPR SF no premiums, 4pt TDs
QB(1-2) Herbert, Tua
WR(3-5) AJB, Adams, Sutton, Boyd, Bourne, Wicks
RB(2-4) JT, Kyren, Swift, Singletary, Moss, Ford Dobbins, Tucker
TE(1-3) Hock, Jonnu, Kmet, Kraft
3.06, 3.09

Team 2: 12T PPR, TE premium, SF
QB(1-2) Cousins, Love, Tanny, Trask, McCoy, Zappe
WR(2-6) Lamb, Olave, Hollywood, Godwin, JaMo, Sutton, Diontae, Lazard, McKensie
RB(2-6) ETN, A. Jones, Dillon, Hunt, Moss, K. Miller, S. Tucker
TE(1-5) Hock, Brock Wright, Everett

Team 3: 12T PPR SF TE Prem
QB(1-2) Fields, Young, Darnold, Trask, Dalton
WR(1-6) AJB, Pittman, Hollywood, Sutton, M. Williams, Davis, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Sheperd, McKensie
RB(1-6) Jacobs, Sanders, Akers, Hunt, T. Spears, C. Brown
TE(1-6) Schultz, Hurts, Conklin

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: What direction should I head in here?

Postby Gazzerk » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:44 pm

You’re probably not going to love hearing this but I’d consider moving guys like Jacobs, Sanders, Hollywood, Sutton, Cousins and maybe even Pittman unless you’re one of his devout followers. I think you are closer to rebuilding/retooling than you are to competing. I don’t typically recommend rebuilding around RBs but Breece is young enough to keep him around especially since he will need time to come back healthy and probably won’t hurt your pick with a ton of points early in the season. I could also see keeping Pittman and Hollywood if you believe in them. This just feels like a roster that has no chance at seriously competing. By the time you maybe get there, the pieces I named may not be producing at the same level and likely have lost a ton of value. I don’t even know what your starting requirements are but I don’t see a very competitive starting lineup in there regardless.
Last edited by Gazzerk on Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes
RB - Bijan, Swift, Najee, Dobbins, Gibson, Chase Brown, Abanikanda, Sean Tucker, Zach Evans
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, JSN, J. Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Hutchinson
TE - Andrews, T. McBride, Schoonmaker
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2024 2 1sts, 2 3rds
2025 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:45 pm

Your build is in an interesting spot with youth and assets that are possibly going the wrong way on value. I think you need to take a serious look at all the teams in your league and see where you honestly fit. If you are middle of the pack or lower, I would shop Jacobs and Sanders when the time is right. That may be now with the Sanders hype or that could be in season when hopefully both are putting up numbers. Pittman is another piece that I would move if the return is right. Brown may have hype value with Hopkins gone too. I don't think your team is bad but I also don't think you are in a great spot long term. I would let the market dictate where to go. If the returns are not there, hold and hope and continue to shop in season but ultimately, I would be looking more long term here. Jacobs, Sanders, Cousins, Pittman and Sutton all have value to lose depending on the season they have. As you mentioned, your WR core especially long term is concerning.

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:47 pm

I think your team is not that far off but u need another rb, two wrs maybe a T hill, cooper type for cheaper or as the guys above said start a rebuild. I believe you are in the middle upper though but will be hard to improve from middle of the pack.. This all depends on how you like to manage.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

JoshuaGordon_9
Starter
Starter

Postby JoshuaGordon_9 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:57 pm

Tvols wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:47 pm I think your team is not that far off but u need another rb, two wrs maybe a T hill, cooper type for cheaper or as the guys above said start a rebuild. I believe you are in the middle upper though but will be hard to improve from middle of the pack.. This all depends on how you like to manage.
I would love to add these type of guys. Problem is, in order to get, I've gotta give. I'm all for selling off 1sts, and young "potential" for proven assets, but outside of one 24 1st, I don't have a whole lot of potential. Pittman, and Hollywood both are trending down due to unknown QB situations. Sutton, and Davis are much lower now than they were a year or two ago, B. Young I tried selling while I was on the clock, and no one was interested at jumping in, People will listen to Fields, but best I can get is Carr/Olave owner and he wants something added on to my end for those two. Not sure I'm that high on Olave...

Best solution I see is to sell of Hall for a solid WR1, or Jacobs for a low end WR1.
That, or trade Fields to tier down at QB, and add a playmaker (hence inquiring about the New Orleans pairing)

I do think I'm in the 5-7 range as well, there are definitely 4 teams I'm not beating, but the other middling teams could go either way. Just kinda living in purgatory right now, and thats never a good place to live in Dynasty.
QB(1-2) Herbert, Tua
3.06, 3.09

WR(1-6) AJB, Pittman, Hollywood, Sutton, M. Williams, Davis, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Sheperd, McKensie

JoshuaGordon_9
Starter
Starter

Postby JoshuaGordon_9 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:02 pm

Gazzerk wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:44 pm You’re probably not going to love hearing this but I’d consider moving guys like Jacobs, Sanders, Hollywood, Sutton, Cousins and maybe even Pittman unless you’re one of his devout followers. I think you are closer to rebuilding/retooling than you are to competing. I don’t typically recommend rebuilding around RBs but Breece is young enough to keep him around especially since he will need time to come back healthy and probably won’t hurt your pick with a ton of points early in the season. I could also see keeping Pittman and Hollywood if you believe in them. This just feels like a roster that has no chance at seriously competing. By the time you maybe get there, the pieces I named may not be producing at the same level and likely have lost a ton of value. I don’t even know what your starting requirements are but I don’t see a very competitive starting lineup in there regardless.
I am definitely throwing out feelers on Hall, cuz if I can get a top 3 Dynasty RB return from him, I would like to cash out. I do think that he will have a slow start to the season, and not return that top 5 RB season a year after tearing the ACL. AJB owner is interested, and we've talked, but nothing concrete.

Starting requirements are basically: 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, and 5 flex positons. We wanted to allow each team to have a completely different setup, and not be forced into one, cookie cutter type team.
QB(1-2) Herbert, Tua
3.06, 3.09