ButtFumbleCity
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Jordan Addison Thread

Postby ButtFumbleCity » Wed May 31, 2023 4:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:20 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:05 pm
ButtFumbleCity wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:42 pm

Fun fact, take away the yards JSN got agaisnt the RB and he still had over 280 yards which would still be a Rose Bowl receiving record by over 60 yards.

You may say that was only possible due to Olave and Wilson taking away coverage but oh yeah they didn't play in that game.
No, it was because 3 of their top 4 CBs didn’t play, hence the reason they were using a freshman RB at CB. And the WRs who did were good enough (as we saw this past season) that JSN was drawing even worse coverage than usual.

We’ll see how he matches up against NFL coverage.
It's still an impressive number of yards, but it's way too small a sample size to know how he would have done without those WR's around, against really inferior competition, as you rightly point out. We really don't know what he would have done, over the course of a season without Olave and Wilson, because JSN got hurt.

I think JSN is a really good slot WR. I think he can have a solid NFL career, and put up WR2 numbers, with the possibility for some back end WR1 seasons, if things fall right in the offense he plays in, but right now, I am skeptical about WR1 numbers, in it's current form.
We do have one other sample in the game vs Nebraska with Wilson out where he put up 15 for 240.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed May 31, 2023 4:43 pm

Worth remembering that JSN was a five-star HS recruit in the same class as Jordan Addison (also a five-star). Obviously, that means nothing directly towards his NFL prospects, but it's not like he was this random bench player who came out of nowhere and started producing because of Olave and Wilson. Ohio State just had an embarassment of riches in the WR room and no team in the nation has three NFL-level corners to throw against them.

We just didn't get to see JSN play alone for a meaningful enough sample size. But, there's no reason on tape to believe he couldn't handle primary coverage.

ButtFumbleCity
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ButtFumbleCity » Wed May 31, 2023 4:49 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:43 pm Worth remembering that JSN was a five-star HS recruit in the same class as Jordan Addison (also a five-star).
I've seen this a few times but where was Addison ranked a 5 star? According to 247 he was #131 and #275 in the composite ranking. JSN was 15 and 29.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 31, 2023 5:10 pm

If we are calling a top-12 FF wr a WR1 then I think JSN can be a WR1.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 31, 2023 5:12 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:10 pm If we are calling a top-12 FF wr a WR1 then I think JSN can be a WR1.
That's what I say. I think his likely ceiling is a backend WR1, but I think he for sure will be a WR2. Carroll's desire to run more, and the fact other slot WR's like ARSB and Kupp didn't have a talent like DK to contend with gave them better situations as slot receivers to hit the numbers they did. Kupp is the outlier of outliers, obviously, from the slot.

This thread is supposed to be about Addison though, so I will say I think Addison is in a similar situation. I see him being a WR2, but the Vikngs D looks worse, so I think they pass quite a bit. Addison went to a place that really fits what he needs to succeed. He's really suited to be a 2nd WR in the NFL, if he's going to play on the outside.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Wed May 31, 2023 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed May 31, 2023 5:14 pm

ButtFumbleCity wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:49 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:43 pm Worth remembering that JSN was a five-star HS recruit in the same class as Jordan Addison (also a five-star).
I've seen this a few times but where was Addison ranked a 5 star? According to 247 he was #131 and #275 in the composite ranking. JSN was 15 and 29.
You're right, I got Addison mixed up with another player.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 31, 2023 5:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:12 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:10 pm If we are calling a top-12 FF wr a WR1 then I think JSN can be a WR1.
That's what I say. I think his likely ceiling is a backend WR1, but I think he for sure will be a WR2. Carroll's desire to run more, and the fact other slot WR's like ARSB and Kupp didn't have a talent like DK to contend with gave them better situations as slot receivers to hit the numbers they did. Kupp is the outlier of outliers, obviously, from the slot.
Yep. For now, I drafted him at a WR1 slot (1.06) but if he's my WR2 behind a guy like Chase or JJ I'll be even happier.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 31, 2023 5:16 pm

So about that Addison guy.....LOL.

Good spot for hm. If he's going to play outside in the NFL, it suits him to be the 2nd guy, not the 1.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 31, 2023 5:17 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:16 pm So about that Addison guy.....LOL.

Good spot for hm. If he's going to play outside in the NFL, it suits him to be the 2nd guy, not the 1.
Yep. And I'd put him as the second-best WR in this rookie draft. I love him in MIN.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed May 31, 2023 7:18 pm

I had the top 3 picks this season, took Bijan and gibbs. Then obviously traded down one. Gave 1.03, received 1.04 and Brandin cooks. I liked it for me. Cooks is still worth a second in my league and I don’t think he’s dead. I then chose Addison at 1.04. He’s just been more of my guy.

I don’t see any glaring faults. He runs smooth routes and can make contested catches for a smaller guy. His speed obviously isn’t elite but he can break away for big plays. He has the ability to really destroy the CB2s he will be facing.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:42 am

I got a lot of pushback in a different thread for implying that Addison isn't far off from Olave as an NFL prospect like some people think. A lot of revisionist history IMO that ignores Olave's prospect profile had its share of warts and he was viewed as a safer but lower-upside prospect like Addison is billed as by some. After Olave's excellent rookie season people have forgotten that. I think Addison has a good chance to be a coveted dynasty asset by this time next year.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:44 am

Addison is for sure my WR2 in this draft and I like him a lot.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:49 am

seahawks506 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:42 am I got a lot of pushback in a different thread for implying that Addison isn't far off from Olave as an NFL prospect like some people think. A lot of revisionist history IMO that ignores Olave's prospect profile had its share of warts and he was viewed as a safer but lower-upside prospect like Addison is billed as by some. After Olave's excellent rookie season people have forgotten that. I think Addison has a good chance to be a coveted dynasty asset by this time next year.
Olave is a fair bit larger and quite a bit faster. What does Addison do better than Olave that offsets that not insignificant advantage?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

AllEliteDynasty
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AllEliteDynasty » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:44 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:35 pm Don’t see a thread about him so I’m starting one. I’m quite surprised he isn’t being talked about more. I think he’s better than JSN straight up, I also think he is in one of the best situations he could possibly be in. Sure he will never be the #1 but we we see two top 12 WRs from the same team happen now. I think the guy is a perfect compliment to JJ. He comes in NFL ready. Has college production on 2 different teams. Size and less than elite speed seem to be his main knocks, those are knocks that just don’t bother me personally. Think we see 1k yards and 7 or so TDs year one and people value him like they value Olave. He’s very good and people will look at him as someone they should have drafted.
Many problems I'm seeing here, but let me start by saying I do really like Jordan Addison as a career WR2 for real life and fantasy.

Kirk Cousins and a team that wants to run the ball more this season especially won't be producing 2 top 12 receivers together. Dalvin Cook was also released so they can re-sign TJ Hockenson. We saw it last year with Waddle/Tyreek who have a top QB in Tua, and Devonta/AJB who have a top QB in Hurts. Kirk isn't either of those guys.

The college production on two teams isn't true. He had the top quarterback in collegiate football, but still didn't break 900 yards. Looked great in a Pittsburgh schedule the year before for sure though. Olave was the WR1 for his team most the time last year, Michael Thomas wasn't playing. Then to the size and speed. So him not being fast, and also being small are supposed to be ignored? Sounds like the reason he went last out of the first round receivers this year.

I drafted Addison at 1.06 in my league and will be very excited, but I'm also a rebuilding team.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:18 am

AllEliteDynasty wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:44 am The college production on two teams isn't true. He had the top quarterback in collegiate football, but still didn't break 900 yards. Looked great in a Pittsburgh schedule the year before for sure though. Olave was the WR1 for his team most the time last year, Michael Thomas wasn't playing. Then to the size and speed. So him not being fast, and also being small are supposed to be ignored? Sounds like the reason he went last out of the first round receivers this year.

I drafted Addison at 1.06 in my league and will be very excited, but I'm also a rebuilding team.
I've been seeing this argument more frequently and it seems to be really bad faith.

- Addison played in 11 games last year (USC had 14 games)
- He averaged 80 yards/gm.
- Projected over a full season, that's a 75/1113/10 season, which isn't as good as his Pitt season, but is still....very good.