Jordan Addison Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Jordan Addison Thread

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue May 30, 2023 7:35 pm

Don’t see a thread about him so I’m starting one. I’m quite surprised he isn’t being talked about more. I think he’s better than JSN straight up, I also think he is in one of the best situations he could possibly be in. Sure he will never be the #1 but we we see two top 12 WRs from the same team happen now. I think the guy is a perfect compliment to JJ. He comes in NFL ready. Has college production on 2 different teams. Size and less than elite speed seem to be his main knocks, those are knocks that just don’t bother me personally. Think we see 1k yards and 7 or so TDs year one and people value him like they value Olave. He’s very good and people will look at him as someone they should have drafted.

ThirdWW
Captain
Captain

Re: Jordan Addison Thread

Postby ThirdWW » Tue May 30, 2023 8:31 pm

I originally was bummed with the 1.4 (1QB) and was willingly to overpay (giving up both my seconds) to get up to 3. I think at this point I’m happy to grab Addison at 4. While 1K is lofty, it’s not out of the realm of possibility. I think anything over 800 yards with 5 TDs and he increases in value. I’d still prefer JSN, but the gap is starting to narrow for me, although I recognize I could be talking myself into something here.
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, streaming
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed May 31, 2023 1:41 am

JSN just looks to be in a different stratosphere compared to other wrs in this draft.

he just looks more explosive to add to his crisp route running. i wouldn't pick another wr over him.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed May 31, 2023 5:37 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:41 am JSN just looks to be in a different stratosphere compared to other wrs in this draft.

he just looks more explosive to add to his crisp route running. i wouldn't pick another wr over him.
JSN is going to have a lot of people shaking their heads wondering why they downgraded him based on forgetting how elite he runs routes because they haven't seen it for a year.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 31, 2023 6:16 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:35 pm Don’t see a thread about him so I’m starting one. I’m quite surprised he isn’t being talked about more. I think he’s better than JSN straight up, I also think he is in one of the best situations he could possibly be in. Sure he will never be the #1 but we we see two top 12 WRs from the same team happen now. I think the guy is a perfect compliment to JJ. He comes in NFL ready. Has college production on 2 different teams. Size and less than elite speed seem to be his main knocks, those are knocks that just don’t bother me personally. Think we see 1k yards and 7 or so TDs year one and people value him like they value Olave. He’s very good and people will look at him as someone they should have drafted.
I’m on board with your assessment and agree that I’d put him ahead of JSN. He’s in s great spot being able to start with a bonafide star WR across from him to draw premium coverage. He’s in an offense that can support good WR2 production.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed May 31, 2023 7:07 am

Im not a huge fan. To come in so small and test as poorly as he did just put a sour taste in my mouth. Plus, his upside will always be capped as long as Jefferson will be there. And it seems like the Vikings will move on from Cousins ASAP, so he could potentially get a QB downgrade.
JSN by a country mile over Addison for me, actually shocked people are having this debate.

I heard on a podcast that Addisons WR coach in college is now on the Chargers, and they passed on Addison to take Johnston. If someone can confirm that than great. Could also mean absolutely nothing even if thats true.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 31, 2023 7:21 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:35 pm Don’t see a thread about him so I’m starting one. I’m quite surprised he isn’t being talked about more. I think he’s better than JSN straight up, I also think he is in one of the best situations he could possibly be in. Sure he will never be the #1 but we we see two top 12 WRs from the same team happen now. I think the guy is a perfect compliment to JJ. He comes in NFL ready. Has college production on 2 different teams. Size and less than elite speed seem to be his main knocks, those are knocks that just don’t bother me personally. Think we see 1k yards and 7 or so TDs year one and people value him like they value Olave. He’s very good and people will look at him as someone they should have drafted.
Interesting you like him better than JSN then mention Olave who JSN outplayed the last year they played together.

JSN is easily the better player IMO.

Time will tell but it kind of sounds like the support group for Addison is starting even earlier than expected. :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed May 31, 2023 7:48 am

I think JSN>Addison by a good margin.

At the same time, I think Addison is exactly what the Vikings offense needed. They desperately needed a WR2 to combine with Hock to take some pressure off of JJ. I think he'll be a good/solid WR2/3 in fantasy, but will potentially be more impactful in the NFL than in fantasy.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed May 31, 2023 7:56 am

Prospects with Addison's production profile and draft capital are usually safe bets.

+ Five-star HS WR
+ Broke out as a true freshman at 18 years old
+ Won the Biletnikoff as a 19-year-old in the ACC with Kenny Pickett
+ Continued producing at a high level in the PAC-12 with Caleb Williams
+ 1st-round draft capital
+ Starting his rookie season as a 21-year-old.

Sure, his size and athleticism aren't great, but the tape speaks for itself. Three-level route runner, pure separator, wins inside and outside, rarely drops passes, YAC-ability. I see a lot of similarities with him and Calvin Ridley, including the type of situation they went to where they're playing sidekick to an all-time great WR.

I don't think he's better than JSN anymore, but a prospect with his production profile and now a good team situation is an ideal rookie pick.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 31, 2023 7:59 am

Ice wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:21 am
Interesting you like him better than JSN then mention Olave who JSN outplayed the last year they played together.

Time will tell but it kind of sounds like the support group for Addison is starting even earlier than expected. :D
Are we rehashing this yet again? JSN was going against some of the poorer coverage personnel on opponents’ D. Olave and Wilson were drawing top coverage away from him. Then maybe we can rehash the bowl game where JSN went off because he was being covered by a RB.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 31, 2023 8:17 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:59 am

Are we rehashing this yet again? JSN was going against some of the poorer coverage personnel on opponents’ D. Olave and Wilson were drawing top coverage away from him. Then maybe we can rehash the bowl game where JSN went off because he was being covered by a RB.
Wait just a minute. In 2021 JSN had 95 receptions for 1,606 yards and scored 9 times in 13 games. Olave was good as a senior but still he had 65 receptions for 936 yards.

Is it even Legal to have the same RB going from team to to team to cover him?

Something just doesn't sound right. Are you sure you just didn't dream up this RB coverage story in your sleep? :biggrin:

I have got to study that player portal rule. :surprised:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 31, 2023 8:26 am

Shcritters wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:48 am I think JSN>Addison by a good margin.

At the same time, I think Addison is exactly what the Vikings offense needed. They desperately needed a WR2 to combine with Hock to take some pressure off of JJ. I think he'll be a good/solid WR2/3 in fantasy, but will potentially be more impactful in the NFL than in fantasy.
Exactly how I see it from a fantasy perspective. I figured the Vikings would go defense since theirs was a mess last year but they did draft a nice complimentary player on offense.

He was an avoid for me as I don't draft WR's in round 1 in fantasy unless I see WR1 upside. He may be talented but I don't see him as nearly the talent of J. Jefferson.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 31, 2023 9:44 am

Ice wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:17 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:59 am

Wait just a minute. In 2021 JSN had 95 receptions for 1,606 yards and scored 9 times in 13 games. Olave was good as a senior but still he had 65 receptions for 936 yards.

Is it even Legal to have the same RB going from team to to team to cover him?

Something just doesn't sound right. Are you sure you just didn't dream up this RB coverage story in your sleep? :biggrin:

I have got to study that player portal rule. :surprised:
Hey Ice, Anteaters has your account information. You need to change that password Brother.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 31, 2023 9:53 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:37 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:41 am JSN just looks to be in a different stratosphere compared to other wrs in this draft.

JSN is going to have a lot of people shaking their heads wondering why they downgraded him based on forgetting how elite he runs routes because they haven't seen it for a year.
He's my WR1, and agree he runs good routes, but did the NFL forget? He went at 20, 1 spot ahead of the next WR. The NFL didn't see a gap between he and the next group of WR's. He's a slot only player, IMO. At least, for the most part, and some of these other guys aren't, so different strokes.

I think there's a very good chance Addison outproduces JSN this year, due to scheme, and situation. I wouldn't take Addison over him if I had the choice, but I honestly wouldn't trade that much to move up 1 spot to get JSN over him either.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed May 31, 2023 10:41 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:53 am
murphysxm wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:37 am

He's my WR1, and agree he runs good routes, but did the NFL forget? He went at 20, 1 spot ahead of the next WR. The NFL didn't see a gap between he and the next group of WR's. He's a slot only player, IMO. At least, for the most part, and some of these other guys aren't, so different strokes.

I think there's a very good chance Addison outproduces JSN this year, due to scheme, and situation. I wouldn't take Addison over him if I had the choice, but I honestly wouldn't trade that much to move up 1 spot to get JSN over him either.
This year, possible. I guess that is irrelevant to me. I don't draft for year 1. JSN to me will be a much better player for the long term. I don't see Addison's landing spot as so superior. Hock will block him as much as JSN will fight in SEA for targets.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts