The Official "What the @#$! to do at 1.07" thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: The Official "What the @#$! to do at 1.07" thread

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 19, 2023 10:55 am

I moved up from 1.07 to 1.06 for this exact reason. Ended up getting JSN. It went:

Bijan
Richardson
Young
Stroud
Addison
JSN
Gibbs

Since I took Bijan I passed on Gibbs to take JSN, the only share I have of him. But I could have gone Gibbs there too. So to me, this is your top seven. Take whoever is there. It might be Addison, it might not.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri May 19, 2023 5:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:22 am
dynastyninja wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:13 am In the scenario where it's Bijan/Gibbs/JSN/3 QBs, I'm going Addison really easily at 1.07. I think he's a really good receiver. 1.08 is where I'd be not very thrilled to draft.
yeah, I didn't realize this was SF, my bad. Addison is definitely the play here. I think he outscores JSN this year, and possibly next year, too. Not convinced he shouldn't be in the same tier as JSN.
The drumbeat for Addison rounding out a "Big 7" is definitely strong. I've seen some rankers putting him in the same tier as JSN for sure - and in some cases even having Gibbs as the 7th guy where they're less of a believer. I think Addison is the obvious pick this year in redrafts if you're looking for a Rookie WR that's instantly going to contribute.

I think even at 1.08, I'm still relatively happy taking the punt on QJ, too. If he figures it out, he's got the ability to vault into the tier of Elite dynasty assets given his situation.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat May 20, 2023 9:34 am

I dont get what the issue is. Ive done a lot of 1 QB mocks on Sleeper in prep for my upcoming draft, and there are quite a few players I really like at the end of 1st/beginning of 2nd range.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat May 20, 2023 10:41 am

Bot101 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:34 am I dont get what the issue is. Ive done a lot of 1 QB mocks on Sleeper in prep for my upcoming draft, and there are quite a few players I really like at the end of 1st/beginning of 2nd range.
That’s the point. You can only select one…so who do you go with?
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat May 20, 2023 1:36 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:34 am I dont get what the issue is. Ive done a lot of 1 QB mocks on Sleeper in prep for my upcoming draft, and there are quite a few players I really like at the end of 1st/beginning of 2nd range.
So you're saying the 1.07 is just as good as the 1.12? That's a bad thing.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat May 20, 2023 2:27 pm

abloom wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:36 pm
If you're looking for someone who is going to put up points right away, you should love Addison.

In which case the 1.07 is clear ahead of 1.12.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat May 20, 2023 3:09 pm

mild wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:27 pm
abloom wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:36 pm
If you're looking for someone who is going to put up points right away, you should love Addison.

In which case the 1.07 is clear ahead of 1.12.
I have Addison grouped with a bunch. He is who I would take at 1.07 solely due to hope of 23 production. But long term outlook I have him similar to a lot of guys.

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat May 20, 2023 6:08 pm

abloom wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:09 pm I have Addison grouped with a bunch. He is who I would take at 1.07 solely due to hope of 23 production. But long term outlook I have him similar to a lot of guys.
I can definitely see a higher ceiling for QJ, long term. Maybe for Zay Flowers, too - depends what you think of Bateman as a talent. (I personally still really like him)

There's an outside path for Mingo as a high-ceiling guy, as a moonshot.

But without a doubt (to me), from any WR in the class - Addison is the guy that's going to gain value the fastest this year as a Rookie. If you like Rookies that gain value immediately (and you should) then you should have no hesitation to hit the button on Addison.

In a years time you will have plenty of options to cash or hold, whereas you might still be "holding" on a few of the other guys that are going to take longer to develop and win target share.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun May 21, 2023 7:15 am

In my 1QB league I traded a 1st and 2nd next year for K. Toney and 1.6

Draft hall ended up K.Toney
1st round Kincaid
2nd round Mingo
3rd round C. Tillman

Pretty Happy with those picks. All have high ceilings and pretty high floors.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun May 21, 2023 7:24 am

Ice wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:15 am In my 1QB league I traded a 1st and 2nd next year for K. Toney and 1.6

1st round Kincaid
2nd round Mingo
3rd round C. Tillman

I like it.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun May 21, 2023 7:54 am

Ice wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:15 am In my 1QB league I traded a 1st and 2nd next year for K. Toney and 1.6

1st round Kincaid
2nd round Mingo
3rd round C. Tillman

Will all come down to where that pick ends up next year

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun May 21, 2023 8:36 am

abloom wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:54 am

1st round Kincaid
2nd round Mingo
3rd round C. Tillman

I tend to look at players more on the development side and aggressively trade for players I think are undervalued or have very high ceilings.

I don’t worry much where the asset traded will be the following year.

That said. This team was easily the highest scoring team in the league but had untimely injuries and played the weekly high scorer several times. As good as this team was in scoring it finished 4th worst last year.

Those should be late picks but one never really knows what the fantasy gods have in store.

I do think Toney may be the #1 WR for Mahomes if he can stay healthy. Big if but worth a future 2nd IMO
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sun May 21, 2023 9:08 am

Ice wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:36 am
abloom wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:54 am

1st round Kincaid
2nd round Mingo
3rd round C. Tillman

I tend to look at players more on the development side and aggressively trade for players I think are undervalued or have very high ceilings.

I don’t worry much where the asset traded will be the following year.

That said. This team was easily the highest scoring team in the league but had untimely injuries and played the weekly high scorer several times. As good as this team was in scoring it finished 4th worst last year.

Those should be late picks but one never really knows what the fantasy gods have in store.

I do think Toney may be the #1 WR for Mahomes if he can stay healthy. Big if but worth a future 2nd IMO
The guys hamstrings are made of straw. He's electric when he's out there, but he walks off the field too much. For a future "late" 2nd it's worth the gamble.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun May 21, 2023 11:52 am

mild wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:08 pm
abloom wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:09 pm I have Addison grouped with a bunch. He is who I would take at 1.07 solely due to hope of 23 production. But long term outlook I have him similar to a lot of guys.
I can definitely see a higher ceiling for QJ, long term. Maybe for Zay Flowers, too - depends what you think of Bateman as a talent. (I personally still really like him)

There's an outside path for Mingo as a high-ceiling guy, as a moonshot.

But without a doubt (to me), from any WR in the class - Addison is the guy that's going to gain value the fastest this year as a Rookie. If you like Rookies that gain value immediately (and you should) then you should have no hesitation to hit the button on Addison.

In a years time you will have plenty of options to cash or hold, whereas you might still be "holding" on a few of the other guys that are going to take longer to develop and win target share.
Agreed on Addison being part of a 'big 7'.

I know many people are dropping him because of a perceived low ceiling.. but we as a fantasy community (and the NFL) are terrible at gauging actual ceilings for players. Despite his size/athleticism numbers players with his production profile have a very high ceiling and his film already shows a high floor player. Add to this a plush situation in MIN and he's the obvious choice for me at pick 7.

To further this point I was also able to trade Addison + the 2.07 for JSN in one league. I doubt I could've gotten them to bite on the 2.07 + any of the other 1st rounders.

QJ/Zay make up the next tier of players for me. Not as high on Zay as some people and would prefer to take the shot on QJ who has a much lower talent threshold to cross to be an elite fantasy asset than any WR in this class. Zay is a good player but he's a worse prospect than Bateman and this offense throws a fair amount of ambiguity for future fantasy points.

After this we enter the wild, wild west where any of these players could go from the 1.09 to the 2.06. So far the only players I've chosen here have been Levis, Kincaid, Charb, Rice, Reed, Mims and Mingo (who I'm not all that high on) but I've seen a lot of Achane, Miller, Downs.

Levis, Kincaid, Charb should probably be in their own tier but I've seen them drop in multiple leagues which is why I've grouped them in the same tier of ADP.

In TE premiums add Kincaid at the 1.07-1.09, Mayer and LaPorta to the large chunk of players.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Sun May 21, 2023 7:27 pm

1QB

Tier 1- Bijan
Tier 2 - Gibbs
Tier 3 - JSN/Addison/Johston/Flowers/Richardson
Tier 4 - Kincaid/Achane/Kendre/Charbonnet/Mingo

This is where I am at currently. Kincaid is my target at #9 in one league. I also sit at #7 in another and might go Kincaid as well there if my top 6 go. Love that the news out of Buf is that he will be the slot WR.

Also his age doesn't scare me given that he didn't start playing until he was a senior in high school.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."