Javonte Williams Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Javonte Williams Thread

Postby Valhalla » Tue May 16, 2023 6:04 am

Lumps wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:13 am ...
Javonte is going to be looking for a 2nd contract, with multiple unhealthy years on his resume, having never been a bell cow, with 2 years of RBs coming in.... while also facing his draft class (and the year before if a 5th option is picked up) in FA.
Yeah but his agent can argue that Javonte was once being traded as the #3 overall fantasy asset...

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue May 16, 2023 6:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:16 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:57 pm Sean Payton saying he believes Javonte will avoid PUP. I don’t buy it but good to hear.

I know people are down on Javonte but he would be my 1.02 in this draft class.
Let’s not forget that guys like Saquon and Dobbins had similar injuries and bounce backs. Dobbins looked very good towards end of last year, so Javonte should be back to full form by 24. Sooner than that would just be sports medicine improving.
Pretty sure he said he hopes he will.

"We're hopeful that he's someone that might not have to go to PUP. "

That's different than saying he believes he will.

Javonte shredded his knee. He tore his ACL, LCL and damaged the posterior lateral corner. Not only may he never be quite the same, but he's also at higher risk of a shorter career and long term issues.

"Posterolateral corner injuries of the knee are injuries to a complex area formed by the interaction of multiple structures. Injuries to the posterolateral corner can be debilitating to the person and require recognition and treatment to avoid long term consequences."

Hopefully the surgery will clear everything up, but that's far from a guarantee, even today. See Gurley, Jay Ajayi, or Taylor Lewan, and Tajae Spears, even more recently.

Hopefully the surgery will clear everything up, but that's far from a guarantee, even today. See Gurley, or Taylor Lewan, even more recently.

I wouldn't pay a first for him in SF in this class. No chance I'd take him over a younger, healthier Gibbs or JSN. They have health, youth and draft capital. I don't understand your ranking here. He really hasn't done enough to justify it IMO, especially considering you understand he's likely not going to be 100 percent until 2024. Things move fast, 2 years of down time to a player who really hasn't ever fully established himself in the league is really not good.
“I would tell you that we expect him to be ready for the start of training camp. That’s good news” Payton said.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Pacheco, Jacobs, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zach Evans
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Dotson, Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Mayer

2024: 1.02, 1.11, 3.01
2025: 2x 1st, 2nd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue May 16, 2023 6:59 am

Lot of pessimism in this thread. I am going off my eyes and believe this kid is the real deal.
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Pacheco, Jacobs, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zach Evans

Year 9 of my league

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 16, 2023 7:03 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:59 am Lot of pessimism in this thread. I am going off my eyes and believe this kid is the real deal.
Where do you think he finishes as a RB this year and the next few? RB5? 10? 15?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue May 16, 2023 7:04 am

I was never a fan of Williams in the draft, or even now. However, I would say that for all the concern of him being usurped, it’s not like the Broncos loaded up their depth chart to replace him. Perine is a plodder. Crockett has been a career end of the bench guy and I had to look up who Tony Jones Jr is. Sure, they could, and probably will, bring in an FA and there are some good ones out there. Just not seeing much interest by the team to replace him and that seems like a good thing for his prospects.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue May 16, 2023 7:06 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:03 am
gogobradyarm wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:59 am Lot of pessimism in this thread. I am going off my eyes and believe this kid is the real deal.
This year I think he fall outside the top 24, I believe he will be a RB1 for multiple years after that. Even if his knee becomes Gurley like, serious knee arthritis takes years to kick in after these injuries from what I’ve read.

Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue May 16, 2023 7:08 am

ericanadian wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:04 am I was never a fan of Williams in the draft, or even now. However, I would say that for all the concern of him being usurped, it’s not like the Broncos loaded up their depth chart to replace him. Perine is a plodder. Crockett has been a career end of the bench guy and I had to look up who Tony Jones Jr is. Sure, they could, and probably will, bring in an FA and there are some good ones out there. Just not seeing much interest by the team to replace him and that seems like a good thing for his prospects.
A very good point as well. Maybe they bring in zeke or hunt, but neither scare me off Javonte

Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue May 16, 2023 7:10 am

Give me Javonte over Gibbs. Gibbs is an undersized player on a team that has a terrible history with RBs since the goat left. I trust Payton to get the most use out of Javonte.

Year 9 of my league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 16, 2023 9:35 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:06 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:03 am
This year I think he fall outside the top 24, I believe he will be a RB1 for multiple years after that. Even if his knee becomes Gurley like, serious knee arthritis takes years to kick in after these injuries from what I’ve read.
There's a good chance the Broncos draft a RB high next year, or add a good RB in FA. Javonte wasn't a Payton pick, and if he's less than 100 percent and doesn't look as good when he finally plays this year, do you really think they are going to trust that Javonte gets back to form in 2024, and not add talent, with the way the depth chart looks now? He'd be going into year 4 without ever leading a backfield, and you're expecting multiple RB1 seasons at that point?

My guess is he never has a RB1 season.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 16, 2023 9:38 am

I'll put the over/under Javonte career RB1 seasons at 1.

I've got the under, but wouldn't be too surprised if he hits 1 in the future. Multiple just seems like such a reach with what we know right now.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue May 16, 2023 10:34 am

Javonte isn't/wasn't at the same level pre injury as Saquon or Dobbins. He is now under a regime that didn't draft him. I would be very surprised if he is ever a RB1 in fantasy. I am sure not paying the price to find out if I am wrong. As Lumps correctly displayed, he has not yet earned the love and hope he is getting.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue May 16, 2023 2:10 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:34 am Javonte isn't/wasn't at the same level pre injury as Saquon or Dobbins. He is now under a regime that didn't draft him. I would be very surprised if he is ever a RB1 in fantasy. I am sure not paying the price to find out if I am wrong. As Lumps correctly displayed, he has not yet earned the love and hope he is getting.
I wouldn’t say Dobbins and Javonte were far apart pre injury. In fact, Javonte hit a higher adp than Dobbins ever has.

Year 9 of my league

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue May 16, 2023 2:21 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:10 pm
murphysxm wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:34 am Javonte isn't/wasn't at the same level pre injury as Saquon or Dobbins. He is now under a regime that didn't draft him. I would be very surprised if he is ever a RB1 in fantasy. I am sure not paying the price to find out if I am wrong. As Lumps correctly displayed, he has not yet earned the love and hope he is getting.
I wouldn’t say Dobbins and Javonte were far apart pre injury. In fact, Javonte hit a higher adp than Dobbins ever has.
Since when has ADP ever been a direct indicator to athleticism?

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Tue May 16, 2023 2:40 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:21 pm
Nothing indicated this was athleticism, perhaps I misread

Year 9 of my league

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue May 16, 2023 2:42 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:40 pm
Lumps wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:21 pm

Nothing indicated this was athleticism, perhaps I misread
Dude why are you insisting these guys don't have the athleticism for the NFL?