Where are we at with Drake London? Statistically he’s cooled down a lot… top-12 dynasty WR?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ThirdWW
Captain
Captain

Re: Where are we at with Drake London? Statistically he’s cooled down a lot… top-12 dynasty WR?

Postby ThirdWW » Mon May 15, 2023 6:14 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:00 am I ended up trading him away for the 1.03. I just didn’t want him and Bijan on my team. I love Drake as a player so i have some regret. It may bite me. But I feel like Smith has job security, the team actually overperformed expectations last year. They are gonna run the ball and run it a lot. Drake will be blocking more than we want. Think he ends up being a great NFL player but the volume just won’t be there for fantasy. We shall see.
SF or 1QB?
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, streaming
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Where are we at with Drake London? Statistically he’s cooled down a lot… top-12 dynasty WR?

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon May 15, 2023 8:13 am

ThirdWW wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:14 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:00 am I ended up trading him away for the 1.03. I just didn’t want him and Bijan on my team. I love Drake as a player so i have some regret. It may bite me. But I feel like Smith has job security, the team actually overperformed expectations last year. They are gonna run the ball and run it a lot. Drake will be blocking more than we want. Think he ends up being a great NFL player but the volume just won’t be there for fantasy. We shall see.
SF or 1QB?
1 QB, so JSN. I have the 1.01 and 1.02 already. So I’m basically picking JSN over London unless I get a great trade offer for 1.03.

In the end it came down to the fact I don’t want both Bijan and London, Arthur Smith is not a fantasy friendly coach and I feel like he has security there.

Pete Carroll may also not be a fantasy friendly coach for RBs more so than WRs. I see JSN as a higher volume player than London for the future.

I could get burned, we all have at some point.

bcap88
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bcap88 » Fri May 26, 2023 9:25 am

Arthur smith 2020 1st year as offensive coordinator with a fully healthy offense

Aj brown 17.5 ppg
Derrick Henry 20.6 ppg
12 Team 1qb ppr 6 pt tds

QB:Mahomes,Stafford,
RB:Bijan,Gibbs,javonte Williams,Hubbard, Aaron jones,gainwell
WR:Higgins,London,aiyuk,Jsn
TE:Goedert,Fant
Taxi:Austin,pierce,Phillips,okonkwo,Washington,Jarrett,tucker, hooker

2025,2026 two first round picks in both years

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 26, 2023 10:05 am

bcap88 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:25 am Arthur smith 2020 1st year as offensive coordinator with a fully healthy offense

Aj brown 17.5 ppg
Derrick Henry 20.6 ppg
So Bijan 20 ppg and Pitts/London each get 9 ppg. Sounds about right ;)

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:29 am

Didn't want to start a new thread.

I was highly recommending London as an off-season buy. I might have been wrong. I had Higgins (zero) in my line-up, London (zero) on my bench. I'm FAR more worried about London.

I guess the only option is to try to pretend like yesterday didn't happen and ATL is going to throw the ball more than 18 times and fewer than half the targets go to the RBs. But that might be head in the sand. We might be seeing one of the best young WRs in the NFL dragged all the way down to FF irrelevancy by the system and the QB. I'm not sure I can recall anything quite like this.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:29 am

It won't always be this bad, but yeah, Atlanta & Ridder are holding him back. Hopefully they get a top rookie QB in the draft. It's going to be a long year if you're counting on London & Pitts.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:03 am

Welcome to the Smith Abyss. As someone who has Pitts on his team, you’re now entering the Bargaining Stage of the experience. Atlanta will only throw 18 times from here on out. Of those 18, 8-10 will go to the RBs. You’ll have advance stats to fall back on which do show Drake as elite, but it won’t matter come Sunday because you’ll leave him out of your lineup.

After a promising rookie flashes in a Smith led offense they will be banished to be behind the next shiny new toy the Falcons drafted in the first round. Like a toddler who only wants a new toy until they get bored with it, Smith hasn’t figured out how to play with all his toys.

It sucks.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:08 am

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:03 am Welcome to the Smith Abyss. As someone who has Pitts on his team, you’re now entering the Bargaining Stage of the experience. Atlanta will only throw 18 times from here on out. Of those 18, 8-10 will go to the RBs. You’ll have advance stats to fall back on which do show Drake as elite, but it won’t matter come Sunday because you’ll leave him out of your lineup.

After a promising rookie flashes in a Smith led offense they will be banished to be behind the next shiny new toy the Falcons drafted in the first round. Like a toddler who only wants a new toy until they get bored with it, Smith hasn’t figured out how to play with all his toys.

It sucks.
Agree, I'm glad Bijan is the only piece of this offense I own. Smith is just going to run the ball 40 times a week and let London and Pitts block. I guess that was the plan in drafting these big bodies athletic receivers all along.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:25 am

Ridder had an awful first half and an efficient second half, but not sure if he can have that second half without the lead and/or with greater volume. I haven’t written him off completely yet, but yes, it’s concerning.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:50 pm

How bad is it to be a receiver on CHI or ATL? (super run-heavy + inaccurate QB)

It's really bad. Effectively a 15% target share with LAC is more valuable than a 30% target share with CHI

And it's even worse when these are your target shares:

Drake London: 5.6%
DJ Moore: 5.4%

Catchable Targets per Game ranked by team regardless of the QB via
@FantasyPtsData

If you were a Bears or Falcons receiver you had half the chance of getting a catchable target regardless of your target share than a Bucs receiver

RIP to the Kyle Pitts and Drake London dreams, c. 2023.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:58 pm

I have both London and Pitts on one of my teams. This hurts to see.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:03 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:58 pm I have both London and Pitts on one of my teams. This hurts to see.
Ugh, even in a rebuild that would sting a little.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:08 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:03 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:58 pm I have both London and Pitts on one of my teams. This hurts to see.
Ugh, even in a rebuild that would sting a little.
On a glass-half-full note, having that combo on a rebuild should help you to continue securing early draft picks! :wall:

I spent a mid-1st to draft Pitts as part of my rebuild, and I'm still waiting for the payoff too. Starting to look like I should have looked elsewhere with the pick. But how could we know Atlanta pass catchers would end up being practically useless for fantasy?

I mean, talent over situation, right? Somethings got to give... At least Pitts/London are still young.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:43 pm

I’ve probably read 500+ posts here over the past week mentioning that London and/or Pitts are essentially failed investments from here, probably the two biggest screaming buys I can remember in a long time, always follow the talent and it will most often pay off. Even over the short-term, I think these guys are huge buys. Just think of the immediate value gain from these purgatory bottom barrel prices if either of them SOMEHOW puts up two consecutive great outings over the next 16 opportunities.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:00 pm

Dibbles wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:43 pm I’ve probably read 500+ posts here over the past week mentioning that London and/or Pitts are essentially failed investments from here, probably the two biggest screaming buys I can remember in a long time, always follow the talent and it will most often pay off. Even over the short-term, I think these guys are huge buys. Just think of the immediate value gain from these purgatory bottom barrel prices if either of them SOMEHOW puts up two consecutive great outings over the next 16 opportunities.
But what are owners selling low for? Coming into the season Pitts was a consensus top 3 TE and London was around top 15-20. I can't see people panic selling after 1 game (even if it is confirming a lot of priors from last year).

They still seem overvalued to me in the sense that their owners generally aren't the ones saying they are failed investments