PREDICTIONS: How will the rookie tiers change between now and August?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
oneson9192
Role Player
Role Player

PREDICTIONS: How will the rookie tiers change between now and August?

Postby oneson9192 » Mon May 01, 2023 6:23 am

It's May 1st, and post-draft, there seems to be some consensus around how the top rookies are ranked (or at least "tiered") in superflex. As we finish free agency, get more clarity around depth charts, and start to hear hype from camp/OTAs, how do you think these tiers will change in the next 4 months? Will anyone from tier 2 separate themselves? Will a WR fail to impress and fall (2022 Burks)? Will a day 2 RB climb due to positional desperation (2022 Cook)?

Using KTC directly since it seems to align with the consensus in this forum at the moment:

Tier 1:
Bijan

Tier 2:
Young
Richardson
Stroud
Gibbs
JSN

Tier 3:
Addison
Johnston
Flowers

Tier 4:
Kincaid
Charbonnet
Levis
Mayer
Achane

That makes 15, with Hooker/Hyatt/Downs/Miller/Mingo/Mims looming.
Last edited by oneson9192 on Mon May 01, 2023 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
2021 Startup
Superflex – PPR - TE Premium (1.5 PPR) – 12 Team
1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 SF, 1 Flex

QB: J Allen, J Fields, D Jones, W Levis, S Darnold
RB: B Hall, K Walker, T Etienne, R Johnson, D Foreman, J McLaughlin, E Demercado
WR: ARSB, G Wilson, DK Metcalf, B Aiyuk, T Higgins, C Godwin, J Williams, R Bateman
TE: K Pitts, D Goedert, L Musgrave
2024: 1.03, 2.03, 3.11
2025: 1-3-4-4-5

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: PREDICTIONS: How will the rookie tiers change between now and August?

Postby kadun2 » Mon May 01, 2023 7:09 am

I think Miller and Mingo could move into tier 3 and Johnston could fall into tier 4.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon May 01, 2023 3:00 pm

kadun2 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:09 am I think Miller and Mingo could move into tier 3 and Johnston could fall into tier 4.
If anything, I think QJ is going to become the prospect that is most steamed upwards in his tier.

There's only one WR in this class that has the prototype WR1 build, profile, and traits. And he just landed with Justin Herbert for the next 4-5 years.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon May 01, 2023 3:21 pm

I think Zach Charbonnet will be right back around where he was pre-draft. The upside is too high if Walker misses games for whatever reason and he's going to play.

Roschon Johnson, Jayden Reed, and Marvin Mims are players who I think will rise throughout the summer.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 01, 2023 3:31 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:21 pm I think Zach Charbonnet will be right back around where he was pre-draft. The upside is too high if Walker misses games for whatever reason and he's going to play.

Roschon Johnson, Jayden Reed, and Marvin Mims are players who I think will rise throughout the summer.
I'm not sure how that happens by August unless KW gets hurt in camp. Charbs was being talked about 1.02-1.04 range in 1 QB, I can't see that unless something happens to Walker in the summer. Also, don't expect too much from Charbs early in the season. There's so many 2nd round backs that we have examples of not getting many touches early in their rookie years. Chubb, KW himself, Breece, Swift etc etc etc. It usually takes an injury, or time, for them to get a more significant role.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon May 01, 2023 3:39 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:31 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:21 pm I think Zach Charbonnet will be right back around where he was pre-draft. The upside is too high if Walker misses games for whatever reason and he's going to play.

I'm not sure how that happens by August unless KW gets hurt in camp. Charbs was being talked about 1.02-1.04 range in 1 QB, I can't see that unless something happens to Walker in the summer. Also, don't expect too much from Charbs early in the season. There's so many 2nd round backs that we have examples of not getting many touches early in their rookie years. Chubb, KW himself, Breece, Swift etc etc etc. It usually takes an injury, or time, for them to get a more significant role.
All it takes is positive blurbs from offseason activities to move the needle. I could see him bouncing back to 1.04-1.06.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 01, 2023 3:46 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:39 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:31 pm

All it takes is positive blurbs from offseason activities to move the needle. I could see him bouncing back to 1.04-1.06.
I guess if there are a lot of inexperienced owners, blurbs from Pete Carroll will shift a guys value a ton, but only if the blurbs on Walker are equally bad. I don't know why an entire community would move a guy half a round based on a few blurbs, but no doubt a few random people will. I think if injuries or "bad" news about a bunch of other people going ahead of Charbs happens, I could see it, but I don't see anything happening specifically in the Hawks camp outside of a KW injury that would propel it.

I heard an apt comment on a recent FF show that the statement "Pete Carroll said", should be banned from the podcast, as he's notoriously full of it... :lol:

I still think Charbonnet is probably my RB4 right now, FWIW, after landing spot.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon May 01, 2023 4:38 pm

Hot Take: Gibbs moves into the Bijan tier

Hotter take: Achane moves into tier 2. Gonna be training camp hype king

Hottest Take : Zay Flowers moves into tier 2. Offensive system change will have the crowd pumped.