General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: 2023 Draft

Postby Rosenbluu » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:13 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:01 pm
Rosenbluu wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:43 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:16 pm Deuce Vaughn to Dallas? Welp, RIP Tony Pollard. Your time as the man was fun while it lasted :lol:
Love takes like this, personally when I watch the kid play I see talent and based on what I've watched he has football speed. Depending on how our draft ends up I could see myself taking in the late 2nd-mid 3rd
Dont be a fool. Hes 5'5" 179 lbs and ran a 4.56 at his pro day. You are lighting your pick on fire the same way those idiots in Dallas just did with most of this class this year. Luke freaking Schoonmaker, a nearly 25 year old project TE in rnd 2? I am so angry that I dont even know how to process my anger into something productive right now. :x
Maybe I am but I honestly see a similar career path to Sproles
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:17 pm

Hes a smaller and slower version of Sproles.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:18 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:01 pm Dont be a fool. Hes 5'5" 179 lbs and ran a 4.56 at his pro day. You are lighting your pick on fire the same way those idiots in Dallas just did with most of this class this year. Luke freaking Schoonmaker, a nearly 25 year old project TE in rnd 2? I am so angry that I dont even know how to process my anger into something productive right now. :x
This is weird. Ice told me it was going to be the Giants doing dumb things in the draft this year. Did he just pick the wrong blue-themed NFC East team from his vision-quest dream? Perhaps he got his ayahuasca dosage wrong.

Is this a common consensus amongst the Cowboy faithful? I'm super sad for you guys, seemed like this was really your year with Jerry finally allowing Mike McCarthy to unleash his full potential as the OC and getting rid of that bum Kellen Moore. :whistle:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:20 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:16 pm Deuce Vaughn to Dallas? Welp, RIP Tony Pollard. Your time as the man was fun while it lasted :lol:
Love takes like this, personally when I watch the kid play I see talent and based on what I've watched he has football speed. Depending on how our draft ends up I could see myself taking in the late 2nd-mid 3rd
Dont be a fool. Hes 5'5" 179 lbs and ran a 4.56 at his pro day. You are lighting your pick on fire the same way those idiots in Dallas just did with most of this class this year. Luke freaking Schoonmaker, a nearly 25 year old project TE in rnd 2? I am so angry that I dont even know how to process my anger into something productive right now. :x
Watch some tape on Schoonmaker. You won’t find too much because Michigan misused him as a receiver, but what there is looks pretty darn good. That was a quality pick my friend. The guy is a very good in-line TE and will let Ferguson become a move TE like he ought to be.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:25 pm

Sean Tucker signs with the Bucs.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:30 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:20 pm

Watch some tape on Schoonmaker. You won’t find too much because Michigan misused him as a receiver, but what there is looks pretty darn good. That was a quality pick my friend. The guy is a very good in-line TE and will let Ferguson become a move TE like he ought to be.
It still feels like a reach because the Cowboys were outmaneuvered again when trying to get a top TE.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:33 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:59 pm I need the record to show I seriously hate the Cowboys right now. Did they pass up superior and more usable RBs for the feel good story of taking Vaughn in the 6th? Ill wait for the inevitable Ice comment defending the pick. Im about to punch a hole in a wall somewhere.
No defense from me for a ST player. RB just isn't even a real need. They have Malik Davis and signed R. Jones to spell Pollard.

The only 2 RB's in this draft that would have excited Dallas and most of us were Robinson and Gibbs who were long gone. I do think Dallas would have picked Gibbs if he fell.

Bot101: Don't break your hand over spare parts. It really isn't worth it. Dallas has a very solid roster and the first 3 picks all have a chance to start which is big time. Focus on the ones that can actually impact the team instead of the magic dust picks.

Dallas had a very solid draft. I think you are going be shocked how good Schoonmaker will be in a year or two. Bigger, stronger, and faster than Kincaid plus he can block. That looks like a great pick and the Cowboys love to throw to the TE. Dallas is a great landing spot for a TE.

Lots of very good TE's in this class and Dallas got one who could turn into a stud. No telling today which of the 9 high selections will be the best but it has been an amazing TE draft.
Last edited by Ice on Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:40 pm

abloom wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:18 pm Trautman was traded to Denver for a sixth. Key to point out he's now reunited with Sean Peyton.

May have to invest a bit in him.
Because he did so much with Payton in New Orleans?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:43 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:37 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:31 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:12 pm Feel much better with Swift getting traded. I'm back on the Gibbs train. At 1.06 in Superflex I expect I'll be getting him there.
You must be crazy high on Swift to think he'd have been any sort of impediment.
I wasn't, actually. Just saw it as a RBBC and didn't get the Gibbs/Swift/Monty moves.
Gotcha. Given everything the staff did last year and this offseason leading up to the draft, I just never could fathom Swift forcing that kind of committee *with this coaching staff*, even with Staley leaving.

This could well be make or break for Swift's career, and the Philly trade was perfect for him.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:00 pm

mild wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:18 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:01 pm Dont be a fool. Hes 5'5" 179 lbs and ran a 4.56 at his pro day. You are lighting your pick on fire the same way those idiots in Dallas just did with most of this class this year. Luke freaking Schoolmaster, a nearly 25 year old project TE in rnd 2? I am so angry that I dont even know how to process my anger into something productive right now. :x
This is weird. Ice told me it was going to be the Giants doing dumb things in the draft this year. Did he just pick the wrong blue-themed NFC East team from his vision-quest dream? Perhaps he got his ayahuasca dosage wrong.

Is this a common consensus amongst the Cowboy faithful? I'm super sad for you guys, seemed like this was really your year with Jerry finally allowing Mike McCarthy to unleash his full potential as the OC and getting rid of that bum Kellen Moore. :whistle:
You two really aren't worth the discussion as I highly doubt neither of you have any clue about Schoonmaker or even watched any tape. No worries, but calling him a project is laughable.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:20 pm

Ice wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:00 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:01 pm Dont be a fool. Hes 5'5" 179 lbs and ran a 4.56 at his pro day. You are lighting your pick on fire the same way those idiots in Dallas just did with most of this class this year. Luke freaking Schoolmaster, a nearly 25 year old project TE in rnd 2? I am so angry that I dont even know how to process my anger into something productive right now. :x

You two really aren't worth the discussion as I highly doubt neither of you have any clue about Schoonmaker or even watched any tape. No worries, but calling him a project is laughable.
He was a reach thats what I know. The Cowboys got bullied this entire draft. Stop defending bad picks.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:25 pm

Dallas really needs to be willing to move around a bit in the draft, they will keep getting picked off and having to reach ..
@PlankMelody

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:36 pm

I really look forward to all of your new ranking lists—tiers and otherwise—after this draft. I feel like it was a really bad draft for so many players but a few guys leaped up, trying to anticipate 2nd and 3rd round picks for myself here. UGH. Wow.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:43 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:20 pm

He was a reach thats what I know. The Cowboys got bullied this entire draft. Stop defending bad picks.
Go ahead and put the crow on Ice. You will be eating it in a couple of years.

My take; Not justifying picks I think are bad. Judging picks I know are very good.

Dallas needs to stop Hurts and Barkley

They drafted a monster at DT that neither line will move him and one of the best Spy LB in the draft ensuring Parsons can stay at DE most of the time.

They drafted a mature TE that can block and catch.

No hope though convincing angry Bot 101 the super scout but agree to disagree and let time make the call.
Last edited by Ice on Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:56 pm

Ice wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:43 pm
Bot101 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:20 pm

Go ahead and put the crow on Ice. You will be eating it in a couple of years.

You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

You wanted a TE in round 1 when the need was DT, a far more important position.

Dallas drafted a very high upside player there. You’re crying about a friggen 6th round RB and want to hit a wall. Really?????

Dallas needs to stop Hurts and Barkley

They drafted a monster at DT that neither line will move him and one of the best Spy LB in the draft ensuring Parsons can stay at DE most of the time.

The grabbed a TE that can block and catch.

No hope though from angry Bot 101 the super scout.
A run stuffing DT... ok. Go die on that hill. You are a homer, you praise nearly everything they do and yet havent wont shhhh in nearly 3 decades now. Keep buying what Jerruh is selling you.