2023 Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2023 Draft

Postby j4pac » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:34 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:30 pm The depth of this RB class is going to create a lot of timeshare nightmares. First Walker, now ETN.
Why would anybody worry about a late 3rd round pick if they had ETN? KW9 is the better back, too. Teams need multiple RB's on their roster that can play. Not a fan of the Seahawks pick, Charbs is relegated to COP/3rd down role at best I think. I was hoping to take Charbonnet is some places, but not now. He's nowhere close to RB2 in this class at this point, for me.

I don't think either team are planning to relegate their current RB1, they just want a better player on the field when they aren't out there than they currently have.
Charb has as much draft capital as Walker…and he’s a better receiver
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:39 pm

Miami with Achane is going to be fun. Fastest team in the league right?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:40 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:30 pm The depth of this RB class is going to create a lot of timeshare nightmares. First Walker, now ETN.
Why would anybody worry about a late 3rd round pick if they had ETN? KW9 is the better back, too. Teams need multiple RB's on their roster that can play. Not a fan of the Seahawks pick, Charbs is relegated to COP/3rd down role at best I think. I was hoping to take Charbonnet is some places, but not now. He's nowhere close to RB2 in this class at this point, for me.

I don't think either team are planning to relegate their current RB1, they just want a better player on the field when they aren't out there than they currently have.
Charbonnet has almost identical draft capital to KW ... Bigsby going in the third is good draft capital. He'll likely split with ETN like Robinson did before getting traded.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:41 pm

j4pac wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:37 pm

He was picked 11 picks later, so not really. BUt Walker is a much more explosive player, I won't touch Charbonnet unless it's much later. I don't see Charbonnet over taking KW9 as the lead back, not a chance.

I just don't agree that either ETN or Walker aren't the lead backs, and getting the majority of the touches. All teams deploy multiple backs, I just don't think this is good for Charb, I wanted him to go to team where he'd be the 1, like Walker, not the compliment to a guy like him.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:41 pm

My projections for Achane
156 Carries
1596 rushing yards
14 tds

39 receptions
598 receiving yards
6 touchdowns

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:43 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 pm Yay It's finally here.

Unless the Giant's make or bonehead pick like usual and Mild try's to defend it, I won't hijack the thread! :biggrin:

Now before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I am kidding, well except for the Giants making a boneheaded pick! That's a given!

Enjoy the Draft! :thumbup:
:think: :think: :think:

Joe Schoen is that guy who keeps his head down in your league and just keeps making solid picks.

Through 3 rounds:
Pick 24 - Deontae Banks, CB (Brugler's CB4)
Pick 57 - John Michael Schmitz, C (Brugler's C2)
Pick 73 - Jalin Hyatt, WR (Brugler's WR3)

I like it. 8-)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:41 pm

He was picked 11 picks later, so not really. BUt Walker is a much more explosive player, I won't touch Charbonnet unless it's much later. I don't see Charbonnet over taking KW9 as the lead back, not a chance.

I just don't agree that either ETN or Walker aren't the lead backs, and getting the majority of the touches. All teams deploy multiple backs, I just don't think this is good for Charb, I wanted him to go to team where he'd be the 1, like Walker, not the compliment to a guy like him.
I don't either. It's a strange pick, especially when you see teams getting #2 backs for a lot less draft capital.

But, remember...Walker only played 58% of offensive snaps last season. Charbonnet is good enough to keep that number around 60%. Hell, it may end up approaching 50/50.

It's just a double whammy of a pick. Walker's fantasy upside doesn't look that hot right now either.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:47 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:46 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:41 pm

I don't either. It's a strange pick, especially when you see teams getting #2 backs for a lot less draft capital.

But, remember...Walker only played 58% of offensive snaps last season. Charbonnet is good enough to keep that number around 60%. Hell, it may end up approaching 50/50.

It's just a double whammy of a pick. Walker's fantasy upside doesn't look that hot right now either.
Yeah, I get that, but if I can get a discount on KW9, I want it. Going to float out some offers.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:52 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:08 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:01 pm
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:51 pm

I think it’s awful and has nothing to do with fantasy. I mean, we pretty much agree taking a rb in the first is sketchy. Taking your 2nd RB in the 2nd has to be even worse use of draft capital. Charb would have to be your BPA by multiple tiers to do this in the nfl to do this. Seattle is using draft capital to fill a hole that doesn’t need filling for a position that is one of the least important. There is no defending this.
I know alot of people think this now but with NFL teams showing how they prioritize RBs in this draft, there may be elements not being considered.

Chris Collinsworth defended his idea of KC drafting Hendon Hooker at 31st in his mock by saying that losing the QB *in that offense* would be crippling. In the same way, you could argue a team built around the run game could not afford to lose its starting RB.

The defense did have holes, especially along the line, but one of the best friends of a defense is a solid run game.
But a team would be silly to build around the run in today's NFL when you need to be able to put up 30+ every game to be competitive. Not to mention, I dont buy into the fact that the RB spot was an integral piece in the SEA offense to begin with. I loved their dradt up until this point. Geno proved he was worth riding with, they go him the best WR in the draft. The defense was awful last year, you have to be able to either rush/stop the QB by way of the Dline, or you need DBs that can lock up WRs long enough for the pocket to breakdown. They got the best CB in the draft and added to the Dline.

Now they go and throw a pick at the least valuable position in the NFL, with tonnes of supply of RB fodder in FA that can fill in just as well as Charb, if not better given rookie pass blocking ability vs seasoned pros. Not to mention you already have a starter at RB that did great last year as a second round rookie.

It could work out, but it would take a lot to make the pick worthwhile IMO
Pods and the like will blast Seattle for this pick, just like they did for Detroit taking Gibbs at 12, or 2 RBs going in the top 12 of the NFL draft, but I'm looking for a logical path that could lead to these decisions. Either the decision makers paid a ton to evaluate these kinds of things are completely off their rockers or they're considering things the numbers and charts people aren't factoring in.

I seem to recall Walker was a boom/bust on his runs last year. Perhaps it was too high variance.

Regarding vet alternatives- Zeke and Hunt (the top 2 FA RBs) have gotten the cold shoulder and may even be available after week 1, when vet contracts aren't guaranteed.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:54 pm

mild wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:43 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 pm Yay It's finally here.

Unless the Giant's make or bonehead pick like usual and Mild try's to defend it, I won't hijack the thread! :biggrin:

Now before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I am kidding, well except for the Giants making a boneheaded pick! That's a given!

Enjoy the Draft! :thumbup:
:think: :think: :think:

Joe Schoen is that guy who keeps his head down in your league and just keeps making solid picks.

Through 3 rounds:
Pick 24 - Deontae Banks, CB (Brugler's CB4)
Pick 57 - John Michael Schmitz, C (Brugler's C2)
Pick 73 - Jalin Hyatt, WR (Brugler's WR3)

I like it. 8-)
You should!
In all seriousness that is a Solid Draft 👍
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:55 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:41 pm My projections for Achane
156 Carries
1596 rushing yards
14 tds

39 receptions
598 receiving yards
6 touchdowns
I’m glad that Achane got a great landing spot because he’s a guy I don’t have any interest in. Just way too small. You better be fast when you’re the size of a kicker.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:56 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:52 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:08 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:01 pm
I know alot of people think this now but with NFL teams showing how they prioritize RBs in this draft, there may be elements not being considered.

Chris Collinsworth defended his idea of KC drafting Hendon Hooker at 31st in his mock by saying that losing the QB *in that offense* would be crippling. In the same way, you could argue a team built around the run game could not afford to lose its starting RB.

The defense did have holes, especially along the line, but one of the best friends of a defense is a solid run game.
But a team would be silly to build around the run in today's NFL when you need to be able to put up 30+ every game to be competitive. Not to mention, I dont buy into the fact that the RB spot was an integral piece in the SEA offense to begin with. I loved their dradt up until this point. Geno proved he was worth riding with, they go him the best WR in the draft. The defense was awful last year, you have to be able to either rush/stop the QB by way of the Dline, or you need DBs that can lock up WRs long enough for the pocket to breakdown. They got the best CB in the draft and added to the Dline.

Now they go and throw a pick at the least valuable position in the NFL, with tonnes of supply of RB fodder in FA that can fill in just as well as Charb, if not better given rookie pass blocking ability vs seasoned pros. Not to mention you already have a starter at RB that did great last year as a second round rookie.

It could work out, but it would take a lot to make the pick worthwhile IMO
Pods and the like will blast Seattle for this pick, just like they did for Detroit taking Gibbs at 12, or 2 RBs going in the top 12 of the NFL draft, but I'm looking for a logical path that could lead to these decisions. Either the decision makers paid a ton to evaluate these kinds of things are completely off their rockers or they're considering things the numbers and charts people aren't factoring in.

I seem to recall Walker was a boom/bust on his runs last year. Perhaps it was too high variance.

Regarding vet alternatives- Zeke and Hunt (the top 2 FA RBs) have gotten the cold shoulder and may even be available after week 1, when vet contracts aren't guaranteed.
I also think they want to not have to down grade as much, if their RB1 goes down. KW may only get 60 percent of the snaps, but if you upgrade the other 40 percent, and then if KW9 misses time, that 40 percent becomes 60, your offense doesn't falter as much. It never hurts, from a football perspective, to upgrade your 2nd RB, it's just Charbonnet, could have gone to a depth chart where he wasn't the 2nd most talented back, and that would have been better for our little game.
Janiel Dones Truther

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:59 pm

Giants having a nice draft.
Hate the value they got or not, Lions adding some SERIOUS talent.
Eagles obviously.
Was interesting seeing the Cowboys get that spy LB to deal with Hurts and Jones.
Last edited by Lumps on Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:00 pm

As a 49er fan I can't wait to see which RB's career they will destroy by drafting them in the third round.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:00 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:00 pm As a 49er fan I can't wait to see which RB's career they will destroy by drafting them in the third round.
I was just thinking that. Looking at the draft order. 🤣🤣