Re: 2023 Draft

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:50 pm

Rashee Rice to the moon

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:51 pm

moishetreats wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:39 pm Hating on Seattle for their pick is a very fantasy response.

We know the incredibly positive impact a quality RB has on the whole offense -- and QB rating -- when on the field. Now, Seattle won't have a massive drop-off (or as massive of one) when Walker is off the field. And if/when Walker misses some time, they can weather that.

From a fantasy perspective, it's pretty terrible. From a football perspective, it's actually a damn smart way to protect and offense and a QB.
I think it’s awful and has nothing to do with fantasy. I mean, we pretty much agree taking a rb in the first is sketchy. Taking your 2nd RB in the 2nd has to be even worse use of draft capital. Charb would have to be your BPA by multiple tiers to do this in the nfl to do this. Seattle is using draft capital to fill a hole that doesn’t need filling for a position that is one of the least important. There is no defending this.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:52 pm

Lumps wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:48 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:46 pm
tstafford wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:43 pm Much more of a blow to Charbonnet than Walker. About as bad as it gets really. He's more or less the new Alexander Mattison.
He could get 3rd down role.
I thought it was funny the initial comments were acting like Charb was starting. :lol:
Could easily see Charb getting the GL work too.

It's a big mess for fantasy, no matter which way you cut it.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:53 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:50 pm Rashee Rice to the moon
This is the sort of chaos that we late-round pick holders love to see. 8-)

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:53 pm

We should have special teams covered between Skyy and Rice. :roll: :roll:

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:55 pm

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:55 pm

Dallas finally drafts a TE
@PlankMelody

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:56 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:53 pm
I knew they were going WR when they moved up. Assumed with all the talk about Hyatt in KC they were thrilled to get him in the late second. Something must have happened in Hyatts draft process that is causing him to slide
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:56 pm

Charbs was my RB7 in this draft, predraft. I’m a Walker fan and have him in a couple spots.

I don’t think it’s a smart pick by Seattle. Yes, it’s nice to have, but that capital could’ve been better spent. On the other hand, I’m lower on this guy than consensus, seems Seattle is higher. So with that in mind, meh.

I don’t think this is a bad thing for Walker long term. Keep him fresh and healthy and hopefully continue to improve pass blocking and catching. Charbonnet (and literally a dozen or two RBs in this class…) are better pass catchers than Walker, and I always figured that in for projecting Walker.

Trying to place Charbonet in this rookie draft though, hmm. As I was already lower on him, and he’s stepping into a 1b, 3rd down role at best (no guarantee a rook secures this role), I’ll likely not end up with him. Could be a nice value pick though. Tony pollard, Alexander mattison kinda range.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:58 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:56 pm I knew they were going WR when they moved up. Assumed with all the talk about Hyatt in KC they were thrilled to get him in the late second. Something must have happened in Hyatts draft process that is causing him to slide
Not too hard to connect the dots.

Probably once teams dug in to how he wins and saw this.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:00 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:56 pm
I knew they were going WR when they moved up. Assumed with all the talk about Hyatt in KC they were thrilled to get him in the late second. Something must have happened in Hyatts draft process that is causing him to slide
I don’t understand the need to trade up for a guy like him.

We have a little Raider fever with the last few wrs(Moore, Hardman, Rice) trying to grab them too soon

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:01 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:51 pm
moishetreats wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:39 pm Hating on Seattle for their pick is a very fantasy response.

We know the incredibly positive impact a quality RB has on the whole offense -- and QB rating -- when on the field. Now, Seattle won't have a massive drop-off (or as massive of one) when Walker is off the field. And if/when Walker misses some time, they can weather that.

From a fantasy perspective, it's pretty terrible. From a football perspective, it's actually a damn smart way to protect and offense and a QB.
I think it’s awful and has nothing to do with fantasy. I mean, we pretty much agree taking a rb in the first is sketchy. Taking your 2nd RB in the 2nd has to be even worse use of draft capital. Charb would have to be your BPA by multiple tiers to do this in the nfl to do this. Seattle is using draft capital to fill a hole that doesn’t need filling for a position that is one of the least important. There is no defending this.
I know alot of people think this now but with NFL teams showing how they prioritize RBs in this draft, there may be elements not being considered.

Chris Collinsworth defended his idea of KC drafting Hendon Hooker at 31st in his mock by saying that losing the QB *in that offense* would be crippling. In the same way, you could argue a team built around the run game could not afford to lose its starting RB.

The defense did have holes, especially along the line, but one of the best friends of a defense is a solid run game.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:03 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:00 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:56 pm

I don’t understand the need to trade up for a guy like him.

We have a little Raider fever with the last few wrs(Moore, Hardman, Rice) trying to grab them too soon
Agreed. I don’t understand trading up for this guy. Both our picks have felt like reaches thus far
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:04 pm

Ugh, horrible use of draft capital. We're as bad as the Patriots now. Love the player from a real life perspective and think it makes the offence dangerous as hell but hate that high of a selection on a luxury, it's Christine Michael 2.0.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:08 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:01 pm
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:51 pm

I know alot of people think this now but with NFL teams showing how they prioritize RBs in this draft, there may be elements not being considered.

Chris Collinsworth defended his idea of KC drafting Hendon Hooker at 31st in his mock by saying that losing the QB *in that offense* would be crippling. In the same way, you could argue a team built around the run game could not afford to lose its starting RB.

The defense did have holes, especially along the line, but one of the best friends of a defense is a solid run game.
But a team would be silly to build around the run in today's NFL when you need to be able to put up 30+ every game to be competitive. Not to mention, I dont buy into the fact that the RB spot was an integral piece in the SEA offense to begin with. I loved their dradt up until this point. Geno proved he was worth riding with, they go him the best WR in the draft. The defense was awful last year, you have to be able to either rush/stop the QB by way of the Dline, or you need DBs that can lock up WRs long enough for the pocket to breakdown. They got the best CB in the draft and added to the Dline.

Now they go and throw a pick at the least valuable position in the NFL, with tonnes of supply of RB fodder in FA that can fill in just as well as Charb, if not better given rookie pass blocking ability vs seasoned pros. Not to mention you already have a starter at RB that did great last year as a second round rookie.

It could work out, but it would take a lot to make the pick worthwhile IMO
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06