Expected Haul for Bijan

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Expected Haul for Bijan

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:34 am

Off topic but I’m actually surprised at how valued Hall still is. Sure it’s not as bad an injury as a J Williams or Dobbins buts it’s still an ACL and he won’t be himself until midway through next season at the very earliest. It’s weird to me how people say RBs are so devalued and should be sold yet a guy like Hall still Carries so much value

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:55 am

For every Bjian, CMC or Barkley there is an Ekeler, Kamara, or Kareem Hunt. I understand the hype trains and even the legitimate skill and I even draft RB's early and often however the buy in on these "generational" league winning rookies is really crazy. To say a team who finished in the bottom 4 of their league is better with Bjian than picks 1.02, 1.03 and 1.05 is madness. Gaps to far and in a draft like this one there are myriad chances you can get your team 2 RB1's and a WR1 for that kind of capital. Add in the "eggs in 1 basket" and its bad math.

Bjians great, studs are great but its a marathon not a race and you just gotta keep some perspective, its 1 guy who hasn't played a down in the NFL yet. JT finished far behind Raheem Mostert last year in fantasy scoring, things happen.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:31 am

Yarnith wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:55 am For every Bjian, CMC or Barkley there is an Ekeler, Kamara, or Kareem Hunt. I understand the hype trains and even the legitimate skill and I even draft RB's early and often however the buy in on these "generational" league winning rookies is really crazy. To say a team who finished in the bottom 4 of their league is better with Bjian than picks 1.02, 1.03 and 1.05 is madness. Gaps to far and in a draft like this one there are myriad chances you can get your team 2 RB1's and a WR1 for that kind of capital. Add in the "eggs in 1 basket" and its bad math.

Bjians great, studs are great but its a marathon not a race and you just gotta keep some perspective, its 1 guy who hasn't played a down in the NFL yet. JT finished far behind Raheem Mostert last year in fantasy scoring, things happen.
Things happen for every player tho, MT was the WR1 broke all sorts of records, has been useless since. Respectfully I just don’t like that argument because it’s impossible to predict when “things happen”. All
We can go by is Bijan as a prospect and he’s a stud one.

I do agree you are crazy if you are turning down 1.02 and 1.03 and 1.05 for 1.01 especially if that happens in a superflex but I haven’t seen any offers close to that. Also Hunt and Kamara were going in the first rounds of fantasy drafts in those years, Ekeler is the only one who kind of came out of nowhere

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:11 am

Yarnith wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:55 am For every Bjian, CMC or Barkley there is an Ekeler, Kamara, or Kareem Hunt. I understand the hype trains and even the legitimate skill and I even draft RB's early and often however the buy in on these "generational" league winning rookies is really crazy. To say a team who finished in the bottom 4 of their league is better with Bjian than picks 1.02, 1.03 and 1.05 is madness. Gaps to far and in a draft like this one there are myriad chances you can get your team 2 RB1's and a WR1 for that kind of capital. Add in the "eggs in 1 basket" and its bad math.

I have 1.01 in my league and fully intend on taking Bijan. But If I were offered something like 1.02, 1.03 and 1.05 he would be gone, particularly in a SF. Someone earlier mentioned Walker, Olave and a 24’ 1st. I would easily make that deal as well. But from my personal experience, I’m not getting offers anywhere close to that.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:53 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:11 am

I have 1.01 in my league and fully intend on taking Bijan. But If I were offered something like 1.02, 1.03 and 1.05 he would be gone, particularly in a SF. Someone earlier mentioned Walker, Olave and a 24’ 1st. I would easily make that deal as well. But from my personal experience, I’m not getting offers anywhere close to that.
Ya the best offer I’ve gotten is 1.08 and Garrett Wilson for 1.01. Solid offer but not enough for me. Haven’t gotten anything close to 3 firsts

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:56 am

I own Bijan (devy) and I would also trade him for something like this. I also own Gibbs so not possible but ..yeah.

In SF this could be your fav 2 QBs and Gibbs/JSN. In non, Gibbs, JSN, and still maybe an Addison. You have to do that.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:41 pm

I traded 1.01 in 1 qb for pollard 1.08, future first and pollard. Then flipped pollard for a future first. I project both firsts to be in the 1.04-1.08 range but with a couple injuries could be higher.
Really like bijan but my team is awful and felt I am at-least two years from competing.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:36 pm

It really depends on where you're at in a rebuild.

If you're just starting, then I could see the appeal of trading Bijan for more picks. If you're far down the road, Bijan may be your missing piece. Bijan is the surest thing in this class and could slide in right away and be a league winner. Getting more picks is great, but you still have to hit on those picks.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:09 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:36 pm It really depends on where you're at in a rebuild.

If you're just starting, then I could see the appeal of trading Bijan for more picks. If you're far down the road, Bijan may be your missing piece. Bijan is the surest thing in this class and could slide in right away and be a league winner. Getting more picks is great, but you still have to hit on those picks.
I have aiyuk and Davonte Smith and nothing else. I trust my ability to draft.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:11 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:53 am

Ya the best offer I’ve gotten is 1.08 and Garrett Wilson for 1.01. Solid offer but not enough for me. Haven’t gotten anything close to 3 firsts
Lot of people putting Wilson at two 1sts, plus the 1.08 - three sts. What am I missing?

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:18 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:31 am Things happen for every player tho, MT was the WR1 broke all sorts of records, has been useless since. Respectfully I just don’t like that argument because it’s impossible to predict when “things happen”. All

I do agree you are crazy if you are turning down 1.02 and 1.03 and 1.05 for 1.01 especially if that happens in a superflex but I haven’t seen any offers close to that. Also Hunt and Kamara were going in the first rounds of fantasy drafts in those years, Ekeler is the only one who kind of came out of nowhere
I have seen people on these forums talking 3 1st+ for Barkley or CMC or insert this years generational talent. It rarely pans out long term to do this. Not as a rookie and not as vets because things happen. You make my argument about it, you donno when something is gonna happen so when you have your entire team predicated on the success of 1 Elite player the wheels come off your season(s). Proceed with caution is all I am saying.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:34 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:11 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:53 am

Lot of people putting Wilson at two 1sts, plus the 1.08 - three sts. What am I missing?
I’m just not valuing Garret Wilson that way. I think he’s a stud but as of right now I personally like JSN about the same and I like Gibbs and Bijan more

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:40 pm

Yarnith wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:18 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:31 am Things happen for every player tho, MT was the WR1 broke all sorts of records, has been useless since. Respectfully I just don’t like that argument because it’s impossible to predict when “things happen”. All

I have seen people on these forums talking 3 1st+ for Barkley or CMC or insert this years generational talent. It rarely pans out long term to do this. Not as a rookie and not as vets because things happen. You make my argument about it, you donno when something is gonna happen so when you have your entire team predicated on the success of 1 Elite player the wheels come off your season(s). Proceed with caution is all I am saying.
Ok so you are coming from the buyers side and telling buyers not to pay that much, I got you. I’ve been coming at this from the sellers side because I have the 1.01. If I didn’t have the 1.01 I’d NEVER give up 3 firsts for Bijan, that kind of value is reserved for only 2 players in a 1 QB, Chase and JJ.

However as a seller I’m only selling 1.01 for 3 firsts. 2 just isn’t enough for me.

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:06 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:19 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:33 am
dynastyninja wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:13 am Even 4-5 is too long without changing. 2-3 is more realistic for a squad if you're truly not changing anything.
Ya, I’m always amazed when I see the “this guy will be a great player for you team for a decade” argument. Does anyone actually keep a player for a decade?
I held TB12 for almost 15 years.
I’ve had Rodgers for 15-16 years now
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:11 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:40 pm
Yarnith wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:18 pm

Ok so you are coming from the buyers side and telling buyers not to pay that much, I got you. I’ve been coming at this from the sellers side because I have the 1.01. If I didn’t have the 1.01 I’d NEVER give up 3 firsts for Bijan, that kind of value is reserved for only 2 players in a 1 QB, Chase and JJ.

However as a seller I’m only selling 1.01 for 3 firsts. 2 just isn’t enough for me.
As a fellow 1.01 owner I completely agree with this. I’ve gotten price check questions on 1.01 and my response is usually it’ll cost more than you’re willing to pay.
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave