Matthew Stafford Thread - Year 13 Rejuvenated in LA?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Matthew Stafford Thread - Year 13 Rejuvenated in LA?

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:36 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:13 am Tampa attacked Hurts by heavily defending the sides while putting only light coverage in the middle. The Philly idea banks largely on Hurts' developing from improvement opportunities like that.

I thought about throwing out Arizona and NO as options, but I hate how Arizona keeps fading each season. Some podcast linked it to Murray's play style and how the slightest nick will severely compromise his play. NO worries me- good defense, tons of questions on offense, especially with Peyton gone.

Minnesota has slightly better odds than those 2. I like where the offense is going, but that defense...

Regarding the "team exec" who ranked Carolina 5th in the NFC- "The voter ranking Carolina fifth said he thought Mayfield, as a smaller quarterback, would fare better in the warmer, more hospitable NFC South than he fared in the colder, more rugged AFC North." That logic doesn't compute for me. Do they really use this thought process on evaluating rookies?
Would be the 3rd year in a row the SB winner wins at home if it happened.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:40 am

So, LA was looking at getting Jimmy G if SF released him. Doesn't inspire confidence in Stafford.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/345 ... ources-say
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:13 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:40 am Doesn't inspire confidence in Stafford.
Assume you are saying because of the elbow? Makes perfect sense to me for LAR as they have seen plenty of Jimmy and price would be decent, they just won the SB and are obviously in win-now mode, and John Wolford will definitely not cut the mustard if Stafford can't go. No brainer for them to consider IMO.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:43 am

Dibbles wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:13 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:40 am Doesn't inspire confidence in Stafford.
Assume you are saying because of the elbow? Makes perfect sense to me for LAR as they have seen plenty of Jimmy and price would be decent, they just won the SB and are obviously in win-now mode, and John Wolford will definitely not cut the mustard if Stafford can't go. No brainer for them to consider IMO.
Yep, all about the injury. Just like SF holding him suggests a lack of confidence or a concern about Lance.

LA wanting him makes sense as a contender just like SF holding him as an aspiring contender.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:44 pm

The Rams have been rumored to be looking into numerous moves to get under the cap- cutting Wagner and Floyd, trading Ramsey and ARob. In the LJax thread, I suggested Stafford since it looks like they can actually *save* money by trading him after June 1st.

The idea has been picking up steam today after the McAfee show-https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/03/09/rams- ... ade-report. The talk that the Rams have been reaching out to teams to gauge interest in Stafford has gotten so intense that the team felt they had to publicly state they intend to start him in 2023.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:42 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:44 pm The Rams have been rumored to be looking into numerous moves to get under the cap- cutting Wagner and Floyd, trading Ramsey and ARob. In the LJax thread, I suggested Stafford since it looks like they can actually *save* money by trading him after June 1st.

The idea has been picking up steam today after the McAfee show-https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/03/09/rams- ... ade-report. The talk that the Rams have been reaching out to teams to gauge interest in Stafford has gotten so intense that the team felt they had to publicly state they intend to start him in 2023.
Recent deal I sent Stafford thinkin this might be the case. I think a small increase in value is possible when/if he gets dealt, but I didn't feel like it would be a nicer sell window necessarily. Also might get kept, or sent somewhere else not so hot? Bit of uncertainty goin forward with this guy.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:18 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:44 pm The Rams have been rumored to be looking into numerous moves to get under the cap- cutting Wagner and Floyd, trading Ramsey and ARob. In the LJax thread, I suggested Stafford since it looks like they can actually *save* money by trading him after June 1st.

Would be funny if Detroit offered Goff back to the Rams straight up for Stafford.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:45 am

these reports are ridiculous.

they can't trade him before june 1st because they would be down $54m in cap space. why would they trade him after june 1st? after the draft, after free agency, after every viable qb would already be with a team.

so dumb. remember the source for this report is michael lombardi, the biggest blow hard in the media. so one guy throws some bleep out there then every web site just regurgitates it. awful.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:31 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:45 am these reports are ridiculous.

they can't trade him before june 1st because they would be down $54m in cap space. why would they trade him after june 1st? after the draft, after free agency, after every viable qb would already be with a team.
can't they "designate" a trade as post june 1st, or does that only work with released players?

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:40 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:31 am

can't they "designate" a trade as post june 1st, or does that only work with released players?
I don't think so. The rule is to benefit players to find a new team while free agency is active. It's not meant to benefit the team.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:49 am

yeah that's fair

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:53 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:40 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:31 am

I don't think so. The rule is to benefit players to find a new team while free agency is active. It's not meant to benefit the team.
if I recall correctly, teams have agreed "in principle" to do trades before the June 1st kick in date, then make it official then. I believe the Julio to Tennessee trade went down like that.