YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: 2023 Rookie QB rankings

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:18 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:25 am
Lumps wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:13 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:57 pm

So do you like Levis? I’m not sure how to feel about him. I have no concrete reason not to like him, I just have this gut feeling that he is going to be Zach Wilson 2.0.
He puts mayonnaise in his coffee. Certified psychopath. Will be locked up and out of the league by 2nd year.
I tell myself this story:

Levis never drank coffee until he got to college, sitting around the cafeteria with his buddies and seeing them drink it. He knew people put some white stuff in the coffee, and grew up as a kid presuming it was mayonnaise. He did that, his buddies made fun of him, and rather than admitting he was an idiot he played it off like that's the way he takes his coffee. Now he's living the lie, having to slurp this repulsive stuff because he has to keep up the pretense. :D

That or he's just crazy.
He told the story somewhere. It was a one time thing. He had coffee, but no creamer was around at a restaurant. A buddy dared him to try it with mayonnaise so he took the bet. Levis said it wasn't terrible, but also wasn't great. Also something he wouldn't plan on ever doing again - unless he had to.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:36 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:18 am

He puts mayonnaise in his coffee. Certified psychopath. Will be locked up and out of the league by 2nd year.

Levis never drank coffee until he got to college, sitting around the cafeteria with his buddies and seeing them drink it. He knew people put some white stuff in the coffee, and grew up as a kid presuming it was mayonnaise. He did that, his buddies made fun of him, and rather than admitting he was an idiot he played it off like that's the way he takes his coffee. Now he's living the lie, having to slurp this repulsive stuff because he has to keep up the pretense. :D

That or he's just crazy.
He told the story somewhere. It was a one time thing. He had coffee, but no creamer was around at a restaurant. A buddy dared him to try it with mayonnaise so he took the bet. Levis said it wasn't terrible, but also wasn't great. Also something he wouldn't plan on ever doing again - unless he had to.

That sounds like a cover for a guy that puts mayo in his coffee.

I HOPE teams that interviewed him had a coffee spread with mayo next to creamer and sugar to see what he’d do. “If he picks up that mayo pull him off our board!”

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:55 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:18 am

That or he's just crazy.
Don't ruin the stories I tell myself!

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:55 am

Lumps wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:36 am
That sounds like a cover for a guy that puts mayo in his coffee.

I HOPE teams that interviewed him had a coffee spread with mayo next to creamer and sugar to see what he’d do. “If he picks up that mayo pull him off our board!”
:lol:

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:14 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:19 am I may have been premature in putting Richardson ahead of Stroud. All I'm hearing today is how fluid and accurate Stroud was. So he may keep his spot. But Richardson has at least shown what he has.
After watching what Stroud did to uga and his throwing session at the combine has him as my #1. Bryce is right there though. I’ve watched Richardson for 3 years and the combine while immensely impressive all it did was put him firmly ahead of Levis for me.
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:21 am

-THE DUDE- wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:14 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:19 am I may have been premature in putting Richardson ahead of Stroud. All I'm hearing today is how fluid and accurate Stroud was. So he may keep his spot. But Richardson has at least shown what he has.
After watching what Stroud did to uga and his throwing session at the combine has him as my #1. Bryce is right there though. I’ve watched Richardson for 3 years and the combine while immensely impressive all it did was put him firmly ahead of Levis for me.
For my personal comfort level I might have it:

Stroud
Young
Richardson
Levis

Though everyone really loves Young. If he's Brees, then cool. IDK.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:18 am

I won't blame anyone for taking Richardson above Young or Stroud in dynasty, because his fantasy ceiling is ridiculous.

But, I'd be just as ecstatic to land Young. I really think he's going to be the next game-changing, franchise QB. He is absolutely a special, special passer, field processor, and seems to have rare football IQ.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:54 am

If I had 1.02 I'd be going Bryce, but part of me would really want to take Richardson. Or trade down and grab cheapest of the 3

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:26 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:54 am If I had 1.02 I'd be going Bryce, but part of me would really want to take Richardson. Or trade down and grab cheapest of the 3
I've got 1.02 in a 16 team SF.

If I had to make the pick right now I think I'd take Stroud. He seems to me like the safest to be a long term starter without being busting or getting broken in half.

That being said it seems like the play is to move up for Bijan or move back to 4.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:31 am

I have 1.02 and 1.03 and am torn on Young + Richardson/Stroud. I will probably be “smart” and go Younh and Stroud and assume I’ve picked the 50% of qbs who bust. Heh.

I really want to go Richardson over Stroud but feels reckless.

Richardson would be my fourth qb so I could gamble a little bit I guess. He would be a game breaker in a 4pt passing td league.

Most likely I’ll avoid whoever the Texans draft
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:39 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:31 am I have 1.02 and 1.03 and am torn on Young + Richardson/Stroud. I will probably be “smart” and go Younh and Stroud and assume I’ve picked the 50% of qbs who bust. Heh.

Richardson would be my fourth qb so I could gamble a little bit I guess. He would be a game breaker in a 4pt passing td league.

If I was picking I'd take one safe and one risky. So, not sure how that looks to you? Young and Stroud seems to be the safer path, but Richardson has huge upside. IDK.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:52 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:39 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:31 am I have 1.02 and 1.03 and am torn on Young + Richardson/Stroud. I will probably be “smart” and go Younh and Stroud and assume I’ve picked the 50% of qbs who bust. Heh.

If I was picking I'd take one safe and one risky. So, not sure how that looks to you? Young and Stroud seems to be the safer path, but Richardson has huge upside. IDK.
Yeah, that’s what I want to do. Go Young(if not in Houston) and Richardson(if not in Houston). You can tell I don’t trust Houston. Lol.

If Stroud goes to someplace safer like Indy and Young goes to Atlanta though I’ll probably just take the two of them.

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:56 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:52 am

Yeah, that’s what I want to do. Go Young(if not in Houston) and Richardson(if not in Houston). You can tell I don’t trust Houston. Lol.

If Stroud goes to someplace safer like Indy and Young goes to Atlanta though I’ll probably just take the two of them.
Well, it’s all but a foregone conclusion that Houston will take one of the three, so should simplify your decision.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:58 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:56 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:52 am

Well, it’s all but a foregone conclusion that Houston will take one of the three, so should simplify your decision.
I just hope it’s not Young.

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:58 am

Why wouldn't you go Stroud & Richardson? Stroud seems like the safest QB in the draft & then you get the upside of Richardson.