Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Anthony Richardson is your 1.01 now

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:24 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:23 pm
murphysxm wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:52 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:03 am

But what do you call what happened with Hurts and Allen? These players are not the same as when they entered the league.
Hurts and Allen where so vastly ahead of Richardson from a throwing perspective I struggle that it is assumed Richardson has the same path to improvement. I hope I am wrong, he has so much upside it would be fun to watch. I am just not investing in it occurring.
It’s almost criminal that his college coaches didn’t expend the effort to work diligently on his throwing. His mechanics are such a mess and it takes some serious muscle memory to change those things so they are operable in game situations. The UF staff is getting paid plenty, and to let him go so long with such poor habits, I just don’t get it. It just takes an investment in teaching time. The pros just don’t have the time it takes to unteach such ingrained habits that have become so embedded when they have so much other stuff to go through.

I’d guess he’s at least 2-3 years of hard dedicated time and effort to get him to properly develop even moderately good habits that will stick under duress.
Richardson joined Florida when Dan Mullen was the coach. He's the same guy who limited Dameon Pierce's touches, which led to competency questions. Richardson became the starter when the HC came onboard in 2022.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:54 pm

Lumps wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:12 pm

But what do you call what happened with Hurts and Allen? These players are not the same as when they entered the league.
Hurts and Allen where so vastly ahead of Richardson from a throwing perspective I struggle that it is assumed Richardson has the same path to improvement. I hope I am wrong, he has so much upside it would be fun to watch. I am just not investing in it occurring.
Allen is THE anomaly and should NOT be hoisted up as a possibility.

Hurts was NOT expected to turn into what he was this year. Even by Eagles fans and dynasty owners. That being said, he was still a guy who started 2 years in the SEC including as a freshman, then lost his job to a top 1st round pick, then started OSU throwing for over 3,800 yards, almost 70% completion, a 32-8 TD-INT ratio, and was a Heisman finalist.

So...
On the contrary, quite a few called Hurts making a jump this season. It certainly wasn't an unpopular opinion that Hurts could be really good.

There's never been an NFL environment set up in the way that it is for a dual threat QB to grow and develop. Hurts and Allen definitely developed. I'm not saying that you have to bank on Richardson taking the Josh Allen leap, because you don't. I'm just saying that he can definitely get better as a passer and in the meantime, he is so freakishly talented that he will find a way to impact the game anyway.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:21 pm

I will just say with some experience in throwing mechanics that J. Allen entered the league with very few actual throwing mechanic issues that were a legitimate concern. Like Allen, Richardson's
arm angles and stride match up nicely. I was easily Allen's biggest advocate in his class around here and I was also huge on Herbert as they only had minor flaw that are correctable. Richardson is not really different in that regard.

Richardson, while behind both of these players doesn't have bad mechanics. His arm angles and stride are actually sound. He my take a a coupe of years to develop but I could see a team taking a leap in the top 10 for him because he has natural elite traits very few in the NFL actually have. Teams draft QB's with the hope of 10 years of service.

He is similar to J. Fields in several aspects. Footwork is a bit shaky but playing QB full time in the pros vs part time in college should help immensely.

He is raw no doubt but passing on a player with his skills may prove to be major mistake in fantasy. There is risk but he already throws it accurately at 60 yards and understand the concept of getting air under the ball.

I would be far more concerned at this point with his ability to learn how to read defenses quickly enough to react than improving throwing technique as this is the biggest fear of any QB entering the league light on experience. This ability and the creativeness to take advantage of a defense is the reason I would rank Bryce Young as easily the best in this class. Young flashes that Mahomes it factor like no other on tape

That said, Richardson is pretty much a blank canvass with massive upside. Will he live up to this upside is a great unknown but I could see a team like Vegas or Atlanta pulling the trigger on his upside alone.

He tested great and his interviews seem impressive.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:34 am

Ice wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:21 pm I will just say with some experience in throwing mechanics that J. Allen entered the league with very few actual throwing mechanic issues that were a legitimate concern. Like Allen, Richardson's
arm angles and stride match up nicely. I was easily Allen's biggest advocate in his class around here and I was also huge on Herbert as they only had minor flaw that are correctable. Richardson is not really different in that regard.

Richardson, while behind both of these players doesn't have bad mechanics. His arm angles and stride are actually sound. He my take a a coupe of years to develop but I could see a team taking a leap in the top 10 for him because he has natural elite traits very few in the NFL actually have. Teams draft QB's with the hope of 10 years of service.

He is similar to J. Fields in several aspects. Footwork is a bit shaky but playing QB full time in the pros vs part time in college should help immensely.

He is raw no doubt but passing on a player with his skills may prove to be major mistake in fantasy. There is risk but he already throws it accurately at 60 yards and understand the concept of getting air under the ball.

I would be far more concerned at this point with his ability to learn how to read defenses quickly enough to react than improving throwing technique as this is the biggest fear of any QB entering the league light on experience. This ability and the creativeness to take advantage of a defense is the reason I would rank Bryce Young as easily the best in this class. Young flashes that Mahomes it factor like no other on tape

That said, Richardson is pretty much a blank canvass with massive upside. Will he live up to this upside is a great unknown but I could see a team like Vegas or Atlanta pulling the trigger on his upside alone.

He tested great and his interviews seem impressive.
This. AND his touch. He really lacks touch on his passes, and that's part and parcel with reading D's. Knowing when to throw a heater to split tight coverage, and when to take a bit off, and lead a guy more etc. You have to read those things and have the touch to do it, and right now, he has neither. He's a player that needs to sit for a year, no doubt. I'd take a swing on him over a guy like Lance, at his original draft cost, though. I think he has as much upside, and the cost should be much lower.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:22 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:23 pm

It’s almost criminal that his college coaches didn’t expend the effort to work diligently on his throwing. His mechanics are such a mess and it takes some serious muscle memory to change those things so they are operable in game situations. The UF staff is getting paid plenty, and to let him go so long with such poor habits, I just don’t get it. It just takes an investment in teaching time. The pros just don’t have the time it takes to unteach such ingrained habits that have become so embedded when they have so much other stuff to go through.

I’d guess he’s at least 2-3 years of hard dedicated time and effort to get him to properly develop even moderately good habits that will stick under duress.
Dan Mullen was a travesty after Trask left. He just mailed it in after not getting a sniff by the NFL. I mean he is also the same guy that basically refused to use Pierce. Coincidentally it was the same time Brian Johnson left to the Eagles and we see his meteoric rise in the coaching circles. UF QB and offense plummeted after he left.
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:31 pm

I traded for what is now the 1.01 back in 2021, and Bijan was the reason I did. Won the championship in '21 and crapped out in the semis in '22...so I think my team has enough juice to win again but if Richardson goes to Detroit or another competent franchise...will really make this a tough decision.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:48 pm

Servo wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:31 pm I traded for what is now the 1.01 back in 2021, and Bijan was the reason I did. Won the championship in '21 and crapped out in the semis in '22...so I think my team has enough juice to win again but if Richardson goes to Detroit or another competent franchise...will really make this a tough decision.
Congrats on 1.1! I’m from Michigan and this is the first time I’ve ever heard someone call the lions competent tho
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:52 pm

IF Richardson changed positions to either RB, WR or TE, would he still be a high 1st round dynasty pick? He will be the most athletic player in the NFL regardless of position.
Richardson, amongst others, was compared to Cam Newton, turns out that was an insult to Richardson immense athleticism.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:26 am

Smoke building about Richardson to Seattle at 5. Having him sit behind Geno at least 2 years.

Packers gave Rodgers permission to talk to the Jets. Sounds like this is just a matter of time.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:20 pm

Cam 2.0 in Carolina
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:24 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:20 pm Cam 2.0 in Carolina
Stroud

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:32 pm

Wouldn't be shocked if he went to Houston. They have a nice pile of assets from the Watson trade, if they use them wisely and build an offense around him it could be a good landing spot.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:28 pm

I have my doubts he goes top 5, but stranger things have happened. He's so much of a project as a passer.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:29 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:26 am Smoke building about Richardson to Seattle at 5. Having him sit behind Geno at least 2 years.

Packers gave Rodgers permission to talk to the Jets. Sounds like this is just a matter of time.
Nobody knows anything. It's misinformation season. :lol: . The smoke is either media, or misinformation. Teams don't let people know who they want.

People will start creating narratives, and the Seattle one makes sense to some degree. It's not because the Seattle Front Office is letting anyone know their plans, though.

I just have my doubts Pete Carroll wants a QB that's years away, at his age. He needs to fix that D, I'd be surprised if they went for Richardson over a top end Defender.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:28 pm I have my doubts he goes top 5, but stranger things have happened. He's so much of a project as a passer.
You're right about that. My guess is a a team will look at what Philly and Baltimore are doing and fall in love with him.