Anthony Richardson is your 1.01 now

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Re: Anthony Richardson is your 1.01 now

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:07 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:49 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:54 pm Exactly. We knew he was an incredible athlete but didn’t know he was full on cyborg. And really it doesn’t change *too much* for me as I already liked him plenty. I hadn’t really considered Where exactly I would draft him before today, but now he feels worth a late 1st in single QB leagues. Not sure about SF but you gotta at least consider him at 1.01. Don’t think that was the case prior.
Agree, big thing for me is I dont even bother looking into QB film or anyone else's review on them. The reality is this is a total crap shoot so I just go off who the NFL says is good as far as that goes and This performance should solidify him into a top 5 draft spot with that rushing ability. Could he be trey lance sure but the upside at any non 1.1 is worth it to me
Yep. Agree

Take a nfl 1st round qb, figure 50% will bust and you can’t tell who, and throw your dart. For a guy like AR it might even be worse. He might only hit 1/4 times but he will be worth 4 1sts when he does(meaning SF obviously). It’s a high variance game with him but probably about a break even play if you use a top 3 pick on him.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:53 am

skinfanjon wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:54 pm I hadn’t really considered Where exactly I would draft him before today, but now he feels worth a late 1st in single QB leagues.
Not for me. I struggle to take any QB in the first round especially one with question marks. I'd rather take a shot on a round three RB in the late first. QB remains deep enough (IMHO) in 1QB leagues to devalue the position quite a bit. I get that right now Hurts/Mahomes/Allen provide a positional advantage, but I am holding firm for now on late round QB strategy which includes foregoing QB in round one of a 1QB rookie draft.

FWIW - I would have said the same thing about TE a few years ago but I'm coming around on that one . . .

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:36 am

murphysxm wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:09 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:44 pm It’s odd that people in several threads are astounded by his measurables and are moving him up because of them. Everyone knew he was a great athlete. That’s not where the shortcomings are in his QB game. All the passing issues still remain.
I fundamentally hate agreeing with BB. On this I completely do. AR is not fit to play the position of QB in the NFL.
Agree, well he is not ready to play in the NFL in the passing game as of today. But he will play, and he will put up very relevant fantasy points in SF leagues. Even if he only plays 3 years, and doesnt develop as a passer, he will be worth his 1st round rookie pick in fantasy. If he does develop some, he will be a top tier player.

Justin Fields proved to be a top tier fantasy QB while throwing for 100 yards a game. Same is expected from Richardson.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:48 am

murphysxm wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:09 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:44 pm It’s odd that people in several threads are astounded by his measurables and are moving him up because of them. Everyone knew he was a great athlete. That’s not where the shortcomings are in his QB game. All the passing issues still remain.
I fundamentally hate agreeing with BB. On this I completely do. AR is not fit to play the position of QB in the NFL.
A team is drafting him purely on growth and improvement. We've seen athletic QBs like Hurts, Allen, and Jackson make that jump to different degrees. If Richardson makes that jump, he's going to be a game breaker.

He's the size of a TE, but runs 4.44 and plays QB. Good luck stopping that if he masters the position.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:49 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:48 am He's the size of a TE, but runs 4.44 and plays QB.
debatable! :lol:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:52 am

QB's with Accuracy Issues entering the draft.

J. Allen
L. Jackson
J. Hurts
T. Tebow

Richardson is more like ?

In an ironic twist of fate it would be funny if he was drafted by the Ravens.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:00 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:49 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:48 am He's the size of a TE, but runs 4.44 and plays QB.
We'll see. We know of the whispers that QBs like Hurts and Lamar should've switched positions. There's never been a better time for raw, athletic, dual threat QBs to develop and succeed in the NFL.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:56 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:00 am
We'll see. We know of the whispers that QBs like Hurts and Lamar should've switched positions. There's never been a better time for raw, athletic, dual threat QBs to develop and succeed in the NFL.
I can’t argue with this statement. I just think the “how raw he is” angle is simply being ignored. The NFL is not where QB’s go to develop.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:03 am

murphysxm wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:56 am

I can’t argue with this statement. I just think the “how raw he is” angle is simply being ignored. The NFL is not where QB’s go to develop.
But what do you call what happened with Hurts and Allen? These players are not the same as when they entered the league.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:11 am

The NFL is exactly where QB's go to develop. This is why so few are good as rookies and so many flourish in year 2 and 3. The ones that don't show significant signs of development whether they start or not get discarded after 2-3 years.

The NFL is hard and QB's rarely come into the league ready to start and actually compete. Some may actually start and while they may flash talent they don't typically play great as defenses are way more complex than anything they see growing up and through college.

Richardson may be behind some of the blue chip prospects due to so few starts but all teams that draft a QB in round 1 or 2 are hoping to develop them into a franchise player. My guess is he goes in the back end of round 1 or pretty early in round 2 with that athletic profile.

Those rounds are high draft capital rounds by NFL standards.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:41 am

well, I’ll hand AR some kudos - his footwork looked light year better throwing yesterday. That’s going to really help his accuracy a lot if he rerains that ubder pressure. Goos early change for him.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:41 am

well, I’ll hand AR some kudos - his footwork looked light years better throwing yesterday. That’s going to really help his accuracy a lot if he retains that under pressure. Good early change for him.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:52 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:03 am

But what do you call what happened with Hurts and Allen? These players are not the same as when they entered the league.
Hurts and Allen where so vastly ahead of Richardson from a throwing perspective I struggle that it is assumed Richardson has the same path to improvement. I hope I am wrong, he has so much upside it would be fun to watch. I am just not investing in it occurring.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:12 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:52 am

Hurts and Allen where so vastly ahead of Richardson from a throwing perspective I struggle that it is assumed Richardson has the same path to improvement. I hope I am wrong, he has so much upside it would be fun to watch. I am just not investing in it occurring.
Allen is THE anomaly and should NOT be hoisted up as a possibility.

Hurts was NOT expected to turn into what he was this year. Even by Eagles fans and dynasty owners. That being said, he was still a guy who started 2 years in the SEC including as a freshman, then lost his job to a top 1st round pick, then started OSU throwing for over 3,800 yards, almost 70% completion, a 32-8 TD-INT ratio, and was a Heisman finalist.

So...

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:23 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:52 am

It’s almost criminal that his college coaches didn’t expend the effort to work diligently on his throwing. His mechanics are such a mess and it takes some serious muscle memory to change those things so they are operable in game situations. The UF staff is getting paid plenty, and to let him go so long with such poor habits, I just don’t get it. It just takes an investment in teaching time. The pros just don’t have the time it takes to unteach such ingrained habits that have become so embedded when they have so much other stuff to go through.

I’d guess he’s at least 2-3 years of hard dedicated time and effort to get him to properly develop even moderately good habits that will stick under duress.