Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Rating Bijan, Poll

Postby Anteaters » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:34 am

remedy29 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:44 pm
Anteaters wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:08 pm
murphysxm wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:37 am

For me, he is landing spot immune. There are some that are better than others, but nowhere will scare me
I thought of you saying this when I saw this mock draft today.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... nchise-qb/

Not saying I think it's realistic Baltimore drafts Bijan, but apparently a professional reporter thinks it's a possibility. If Baltimore drafted Bijan, would that affect your feeling about him?
I thought this exact same scenario as a bad fantasy landing spot for Bijan. Bijan needs to go to a team that will maximize his pass catching, based on his skill set, not maximize his rushing attempts with a TD vulturing QB.

For Baltimore, would they be better off drafting an OK WR, because WR are valued highly in today's NFL, or would they be better off drafting the top tier offensive skill positional talent?

I disagree with a poster earlier, if Bijan is as good as some say, and he is to be considered generational, then he should have top 15 NFL draft capital. I agree a rebuilding team may not be wise to draft him, but then they should trade the pick because Bujan has value to another team.

That CBS mock draft has another very interesting nugget, Bijan not even the top RB prospect in this class...
I'm one who thinks situation is most often crucial to outcome for fantasy production. The percentage of players in the history of the NFL who are/were invulnerable to situation can be counted on one hand ... at most. Situation matters a lot, because situation encompasses everything from position competition, to offensive philosophy, to quality of teammates/support, to usage, to well everything.

Depending on who drafts him, Bijan might end 2023 with RB5 stats or RB25 stats or even lower. And Baltimore might be one of the worst landing spots. He'd be on the losing end of a RBBC split, along with playing with a TD-vulturing QB (as you pointed out.)

I can't help but think that current RB-god Henry could barely get touches for his first two seasons. Unless we all think Bijan is going to surpass Henry's best stats as a RB, we can't seriously believe Bijan's golden future is guaranteed. If Derrick Henry can have his touches limited by what Tennessee had, Bijan's output can certainly be limited by Baltimore.

I'd almost definitely draft Bijan at 1.01, but I'm not giving up the farm to get him before I know his landing spot.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:51 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:34 amI'm one who thinks situation is most often crucial to outcome for fantasy production. The percentage of players in the history of the NFL who are/were invulnerable to situation can be counted on one hand ... at most. Situation matters a lot, because situation encompasses everything from position competition, to offensive philosophy, to quality of teammates/support, to usage, to well everything.
Agree completely. First year production/performance can majorly affect dynasty value, either spiking or tanking it if they miss/exceed expectations spectacularly. That's especially relevant for RBs, if you see them as short term assets.

From that mindset, Tennessee would be a horrid near term landing spot. King Henry ahead, mediocre at best QB play, oline questions throughout along with OC/scheme.

Tampa would be similarly disastrous. Currently crap at QB, oline problems, and who knows what scheme the eventual OC will bring. Cap situation says they won't be able to fix this quickly.

It's not hard to find bad situations.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:58 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 am Are there any landing spots that would be BAD or will he just dominate no matter where he goes? Obviously a good OL will help. I hope he doesn't go to DAL as I have shares in Zeke/Pollard still LOL.
For me, he is landing spot immune. There are some that are better than others, but nowhere will scare me

Not saying I think it's realistic Baltimore drafts Bijan, but apparently a professional reporter thinks it's a possibility. If Baltimore drafted Bijan, would that affect your feeling about him?
They have Mayer going to the Bills, but a write up about GB and playing with Rodgers or even Love.
They also have the Eagles taking Addison -
And Bijan isn't going to BAL with Dobbins there.

It's very unfortunate that almost all of the first 15 picks don't NEED a RB. So if that's 'your' (not you ANT, but anyone with that thought) justification as to why he's not considered generational it's just due to supply and demand. Times have changed. RB is a luxury pick rather than a necessity to build around. I do have a feeling someone will trade up to grab him before the teams that could use a RB have a chance. As to who that might be I'm not sure, but it'll be interesting to see.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:02 am

I'd actually prefer he went later, to a better team. If he's drafted in the 1st, the 1st rb off the board, wouldn't you rather he went to a team that has everything in place, maybe made the playoffs, but needs a RB upgrade?
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:10 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:02 am I'd actually prefer he went later, to a better team. If he's drafted in the 1st, the 1st rb off the board, wouldn't you rather he went to a team that has everything in place, maybe made the playoffs, but needs a RB upgrade?
The top 3 rushers in the NFL all played for teams with 7 wins or less. Do you have some data that shows a correlation between better teams and better RB production? It’s been my experience that it isn’t the case.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:20 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:10 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:02 am I'd actually prefer he went later, to a better team. If he's drafted in the 1st, the 1st rb off the board, wouldn't you rather he went to a team that has everything in place, maybe made the playoffs, but needs a RB upgrade?
The top 3 rushers in the NFL all played for teams with 7 wins or less. Do you have some data that shows a correlation between better teams and better RB production? It’s been my experience that it isn’t the case.
Billy is right. As nice as it looks to go to a better all around team - they're going to rely upon him less. Go to a down team that needs him and he becomes Barkley usage his rookie year.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:21 am

I'm just saying that if we can state that we want to avoid a team with a bad/no QB, bad OL, bad DEF, no other weapons on OFF, then we can certainly say the opposite. A seven-win team isn't bad, a three-win team is. And even the Bears had seven games where they lost by less than one score. If a team has a good/elite QB, a good OL, a good DEF and an aging/avg RB, that might be the best situation, right?

1. Ekeler LAC 10-7
2. McC SFF 13-4
3. Jacobs LVR 6-11
4. Henry TEN 7-10
5. Barkley NYG 9-7
6. Chubb CLE 7-10
7. Pollard DAL 12-5

So maybe just not teams like ARI 4-10, Bears 3-14, HOU 3-13-1.
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:23 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:20 am
Billy is right. As nice as it looks to go to a better all around team - they're going to rely upon him less. Go to a down team that needs him and he becomes Barkley usage his rookie year.
It's also a matter of bad teams will draft at the top and take QBs, and impact players. RB historically go later anyway. I think as long as he avoids a team that's a MESS (especially a bad/no qb) he'll be fine. But I hear what you guys are saying. If they are a WIP and feed him the ball, he may do just fine.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:24 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 am Are there any landing spots that would be BAD or will he just dominate no matter where he goes? Obviously a good OL will help. I hope he doesn't go to DAL as I have shares in Zeke/Pollard still LOL.

I would have to assume if Baltimore is spending the draft capital needed to get Bijan, Dobbins is looking at a reduced role. While not ideal, I still predict Bijan would succeed in Baltimore.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:15 am

Hometown bias but would love to see Lions draft Bijan w/ their 2nd pick in the first rd.

Hear me out ...
Currently Jamaal Williams is a FA coming off a career year. PLEASE do not overpay for his limited talent. Hate to lose his locker room presence but if he gets a high offer let him walk & take the draft pick compensation if any.

D. Swift I personally believe should be the guy but obviously the staff has their doubts and he's@ the end of. Rookie deal. Now is the time to trade him for any kind of decent return. See Todd Gurley syndrome for what happens if you hold too long & he's due a fatter check.

Lions have plenty of draft capital if they do decide to move up in front of a team looking to draft Bijan just ahead of their pick. If he falls to them they still have a lot of bullets to take shots on players/positions of need later.

Then they have Jameson , The Sun God & Bijan for a cpl more years all on rookie deals. That will help them keep their highly rated ( and highly expensive) OL together plus salary cap room to bring in vets in FA.

Also Jared Goff and works best off play action which Bijan adds value there even he's not getting the ball. People don't fear Jamaal but they will Bijan. Being a highly capable 3 down all around RB the defenses won't be able to overplay the pass or run which the Lions current rotation kinda tips their hand depending on which RB is in on any given play.

I see Bijan going mid first for all those same reasons

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:57 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:15 am Hometown bias but would love to see Lions draft Bijan w/ their 2nd pick in the first rd.

Hear me out ...
Currently Jamaal Williams is a FA coming off a career year. PLEASE do not overpay for his limited talent. Hate to lose his locker room presence but if he gets a high offer let him walk & take the draft pick compensation if any.

D. Swift I personally believe should be the guy but obviously the staff has their doubts and he's@ the end of. Rookie deal. Now is the time to trade him for any kind of decent return. See Todd Gurley syndrome for what happens if you hold too long & he's due a fatter check.

Lions have plenty of draft capital if they do decide to move up in front of a team looking to draft Bijan just ahead of their pick. If he falls to them they still have a lot of bullets to take shots on players/positions of need later.

Then they have Jameson , The Sun God & Bijan for a cpl more years all on rookie deals. That will help them keep their highly rated ( and highly expensive) OL together plus salary cap room to bring in vets in FA.

Also Jared Goff and works best off play action which Bijan adds value there even he's not getting the ball. People don't fear Jamaal but they will Bijan. Being a highly capable 3 down all around RB the defenses won't be able to overplay the pass or run which the Lions current rotation kinda tips their hand depending on which RB is in on any given play.

:pray: Staley heading to Carolina complicates projecting the Detroit RB room. The Swift narrative started with Staley and this could be a good thing for him. Then there is the possibility of Williams following Staley to the Panthers which opens things up in the draft. I hope they don't resign Williams and at worst pick up a quality RB on day 2.

AllEliteDynasty
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AllEliteDynasty » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:43 pm

Todd McShay just on ESPN mocking BR5 to the Baltimore Ravens. If they extend Lamar here is how you keep him healthy long term, and to the JK Dobbins crowd I'm sorry. Todd McShay also said Bijan is a top 5 player in this draft class overall, very rare to hear for Running Backs.

Please go get your tickets if you haven't already. You won't be able to get 1.01 in any of your leagues, but you'll be able to get some non-refundable tickets to watch greatness at the Running Back position in BR5.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:11 pm

AllEliteDynasty wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:43 pmTodd McShay just on ESPN mocking BR5 to the Baltimore Ravens. If they extend Lamar here is how you keep him healthy long term, and to the JK Dobbins crowd I'm sorry. Todd McShay also said Bijan is a top 5 player in this draft class overall, very rare to hear for Running Backs.

Please go get your tickets if you haven't already. You won't be able to get 1.01 in any of your leagues, but you'll be able to get some non-refundable tickets to watch greatness at the Running Back position in BR5.
Y'know, I live close enough to Baltimore to get a game or two and drive up on an overnight trip to have fun. Not the worst idea. :think:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:23 pm

waynesworld1234 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:57 pm
cazzie33 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:15 am Hometown bias but would love to see Lions draft Bijan w/ their 2nd pick in the first rd.

Hear me out ...

:pray: Staley heading to Carolina complicates projecting the Detroit RB room. The Swift narrative started with Staley and this could be a good thing for him. Then there is the possibility of Williams following Staley to the Panthers which opens things up in the draft. I hope they don't resign Williams and at worst pick up a quality RB on day 2.
Swift's going to get paid if he produces & let walk if he doesn't. Bijan will be here for at least 4 years is why I'd go with him knowing what the cost will be

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:13 am

Call me crazy, but I think the Bears would be the best landing spot for him. I don’t think they’ll have a chance to draft him, but with that offense receiving a lot of assets this off-season, Robinson & Fields would be a crazy duo.

Other top landing spots:

ARI
BUF
MIA
CIN - if Mixon is gone
LAR
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle