Derek Carr Thread: King of the Underrated QBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Derek Carr Thread: King of the Underrated QBs

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:39 am

Carr was really awesome in 2016. Box score scouting his MVP vote really doesn't do it justice. He was really good. Especially late in games. When he got hurt vs the Panthers, dislocating his finger in 2 places, they were up by something like 17. When he left, the air got sucked out of the team, he had to come back vs prime Cam, after Cam had got the game to a different place after McGloin couldn't get it done for th Raiders. They snapped Carr's finger back in, he put a glove on, and won the game.

Carr wasn't the same after he broke his leg. This was Carr, routinely, before that. Notice the athleticism and quick decision to move. His pocket presence was different. He wasn't afraid to take hits, ever, but he just didn't seem to have the same willingness to run or extend plays. I feel like his creativity was shot off script from his injury.

I watched every game the guy played. He still took some big hits, and extended plays and risked his body, from time to time, but this fearlessness, and quick decision making was lost. You didn't see this type of fearless quick decision making and processing, gunslinger like mentality post injury. He was well on his way to being a top end QB, but that injury he never recovered from, mentally. He took hits, but his processing and way of playing the game changed after it, unfortunately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYUJ1QagCR8

https://youtu.be/AxGsbo3VxCI?t=106
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:56 pm

Carr has been given permission to visit the Saints. Their cap situation is awful though, it would take a lot of work to someone get Carr on his current deal. Re-structuring would be necessary, big time, I would think.

Also, not sure if this is true, but supposedly some trade compensation has been reached.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raid ... diligence/

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/sta ... 6533379073

Better OL, better D, dome, warm weather division, wide open division where he's easily the best QB in it right now by a country mile. NFC is way less stacked. It would be one of the better choices for him, I'd think. Would be beneficial for Olave etc, to get a decent vet upgrade locked in.
Janiel Dones Truther

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:14 pm

May not seem connected, but how often does the McDaniels offense scheme targets to RBs?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:42 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:56 pm Carr has been given permission to visit the Saints. Their cap situation is awful though, it would take a lot of work to someone get Carr on his current deal. Re-structuring would be necessary, big time, I would think.

Also, not sure if this is true, but supposedly some trade compensation has been reached.

Better OL, better D, dome, warm weather division, wide open division where he's easily the best QB in it right now by a country mile. NFC is way less stacked. It would be one of the better choices for him, I'd think. Would be beneficial for Olave etc, to get a decent vet upgrade locked in.
What’s wild is they have pretty much no one on that roster where trading would result in any significant cap relief. I guess restructures are always a possibility, but no idea how it could be worked out.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:47 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:56 pm Carr has been given permission to visit the Saints. Their cap situation is awful though, it would take a lot of work to someone get Carr on his current deal. Re-structuring would be necessary, big time, I would think.

Crazy how Carr could be the best QB in the division, but looking at TB, Carolina and the Falcons, its crazy the lack of QB talent currently in that division.

Regarding the salary cap, NO has been manipulating the cap for years.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:18 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:42 pm

What’s wild is they have pretty much no one on that roster where trading would result in any significant cap relief. I guess restructures are always a possibility, but no idea how it could be worked out.
Per OTC-
Pre June 1 trade savings- Cam Jordan 2.2 mil, Winston 4.4, McCoy 6.6, Hurst 4..7, Lutz 3.7
Post June 1 trade savings- Cam Jordan 15mil, Kamara 11, Winston 13, McCoy 11 (other options saving between 8 and 11mil)

NO has alot invested along the defensive line, but the new DC may prefer different skills. Post June 1 cuts (Jordan, Davenport, Granderson and Onyemata) would save 35 mil. Depends how aggressive they want to be.

Cutting Kamara post June 1st would clear nearly 10mil. With a potential suspension and his dissatisfaction with his receiving work last year, he may be amenable to restructuring it so NO can clear more if he's traded before June 1st (1.6 v 10.9).

Vegas can take Kamara, let Jacobs go and get something for Carr. All worthless speculation, but NO does have contract options separate from more restructures.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:35 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:18 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:42 pm

Per OTC-
Pre June 1 trade savings- Cam Jordan 2.2 mil, Winston 4.4, McCoy 6.6, Hurst 4..7, Lutz 3.7
Post June 1 trade savings- Cam Jordan 15mil, Kamara 11, Winston 13, McCoy 11 (other options saving between 8 and 11mil)

NO has alot invested along the defensive line, but the new DC may prefer different skills. Post June 1 cuts (Jordan, Davenport, Granderson and Onyemata) would save 35 mil. Depends how aggressive they want to be.

Cutting Kamara post June 1st would clear nearly 10mil. With a potential suspension and his dissatisfaction with his receiving work last year, he may be amenable to restructuring it so NO can clear more if he's traded before June 1st (1.6 v 10.9).

Vegas can take Kamara, let Jacobs go and get something for Carr. All worthless speculation, but NO does have contract options separate from more restructures.
Not sure why they'd do that? On a side not, Kamara in Vegas every day...... :think:
Janiel Dones Truther

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:34 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:35 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:18 pmVegas can take Kamara, let Jacobs go and get something for Carr. All worthless speculation, but NO does have contract options separate from more restructures.
Not sure why they'd do that? On a side not, Kamara in Vegas every day...... :think:
Lol I'm just throwing out bad half arsed ideas- Kamara and Zamir at RB, get cap space and asset(s). And yeah, Kamara in Vegas a full seasonwould be fun! Had forgotten about that.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:21 am

As a Carr shareholder, I'd be happy to see him land in NO. Or Atlanta. Or Carolina or TB. Who knows, Carr might end up with the Jets.

I predict a surprisingly good season for Carr. He isn't a QB on the physical decline like Ryan and others. And he isn't a guy with minimal talent who was overhyped like Wentz. Carr is going to land somewhere where he has a good chance to play well in 2023.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:11 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:21 am As a Carr shareholder, I'd be happy to see him land in NO. Or Atlanta. Or Carolina or TB. Who knows, Carr might end up with the Jets.

I predict a surprisingly good season for Carr. He isn't a QB on the physical decline like Ryan and others. And he isn't a guy with minimal talent who was overhyped like Wentz. Carr is going to land somewhere where he has a good chance to play well in 2023.
Carr will be super motivated I'd think too. So send him to ATL for my Drake London shares or Carolina for my DJM shares.
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, Puca Nacua, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB
2024 picks: 1.10, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.02, 4.04, 4.09, 4.10, 4.11, 5.01 5.05
2025 picks: three 2nds

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:15 am

NO would work the cap out, they always do
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:28 am

I think with the market for Carr, I could see Vegas exercising the contract to ensure they get compensation in a trade if they can't move him by the 15th.

Obviously, at least the Saints feel the same way so are being proactive.

Sure looks like he will be a Saint IMO. The compensation is already worked out between clubs or Carr would not be allowed to talk to the Saints to negotiate a deal if they like each other.

The cap, while fun to discuss is a non issue.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:30 am

NWABCS wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:11 am
Anteaters wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:21 am As a Carr shareholder, I'd be happy to see him land in NO. Or Atlanta. Or Carolina or TB. Who knows, Carr might end up with the Jets.

Carr will be super motivated I'd think too. So send him to ATL for my Drake London shares or Carolina for my DJM shares.
Both those receivers would see a surge in production if Carr lands with either.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:10 am

Carr refusing to accept any trade and Raiders forced to cut him. What a surprise....

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/162 ... KZmcKRGsLw

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:11 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:10 am Carr refusing to accept any trade and Raiders forced to cut him. What a surprise....

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/162 ... KZmcKRGsLw
Yep. Raiders get nothing aside from resetting at the QB position. Guess that was expected though.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku