Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:24 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:53 pm
fleaflickerchamp wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:38 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:07 pm

Based on the eye test, he has JJ talent. He does t have the consistent QB play.
Will be interesting to see how all three of Olave, Wilson, and Londons careers shake out considering none of them have had a QB and still shown a lot of production. I have Olave so hope he holds out as the top from the class and Jameson so cant wait to see what happens there. Hard to compare Wilson to JJ, JJ is one of a kind
Seems we’ll have to agree to disagree. The talent is very close.
Jefferson played his rookie year a year younger, I think Wilson is really good, but JJ is definitely better.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Garrett Wilson is my WR1 in this class and it’s not that close for me… am I crazy??

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:23 pm

Lumps wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:33 pm Garrett Wilson with Mike White as QB over 17 games: 110 catches, 2100 yards

Garrett Wilson with a non-Zach Wilson QB over 17 games: 105 catches, 1601 yards, 13 TDs
But he sucks…
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zach Evans
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Nabers, Odunze, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ja’lynn Polk, Dotson, Bateman
TE: Pitts, Likely, Mayer, Stover

2025: 2x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:25 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:24 pm
fleaflickerchamp wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:38 pm

Will be interesting to see how all three of Olave, Wilson, and Londons careers shake out considering none of them have had a QB and still shown a lot of production. I have Olave so hope he holds out as the top from the class and Jameson so cant wait to see what happens there. Hard to compare Wilson to JJ, JJ is one of a kind
Jefferson played his rookie year a year younger, I think Wilson is really good, but JJ is definitely better.
Agree, but it’s closer than the forum will admit
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Nabers, Odunze, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ja’lynn Polk, Dotson, Bateman

Year 9 of my league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:13 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:25 pm

I'd have no real problem with anybody putting Wilson at WR3 in Dynasty.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:59 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:13 am

Me either. That's where I have Olave. There's a handful of guys after JJ and Chase I see interchangeable. Lamb is one of them. Someone has to be WR3 at the end of the day.

He's still no Braxton Berrios though

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:16 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:59 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:13 am

Me either. That's where I have Olave. There's a handful of guys after JJ and Chase I see interchangeable. Lamb is one of them. Someone has to be WR3 at the end of the day.

He's still no Braxton Berrios though
If you could tier down from someone’s WR3 for someone at the 6-10 range like Wilson or Olave I definitely like it based on perceived value. I doubt anyone has Wilson over Lamb right now in a vacuum though.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:49 am

TLDR but jumping in anyway. Wilson owner and OSU grad/fan.

IMO Wilson may well be the best WR in the class. I'd rather own him than either Olave or London although I love both of them and believe at least London might be a buy candidate during rookie draft season. The x-factor is Jameson Williams. We haven't seen him and it is very, very possible he is the best WR in this class.

As to ranking Wilson, I'd still take the following over him:
Chase/JJ - obviously
Lamb/AJ Brown - better situations, still young, no reason to pass on them
Waddle/Higgins - yes WR2 on their NFL team but the floor is high. I could see maybe taking Wilson for ceiling over these guys
Diggs/Hill/Adams/Kupp - depends on team need. A straight trade for these guys would seem reasonable to me on a win-now contender.
ARSB - this is probably the end of the list for me. ARSB scares me a bit because of Jameson. I don't see how Jameson can be what we hope and it not bite in to ARSB's production which is volume dependent
DK - I don't know. I don't want to own him for some reason. But it's close.

Overall the WR position is rich for our game.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:22 am

tstafford wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:49 am TLDR but jumping in anyway. Wilson owner and OSU grad/fan.

IMO Wilson may well be the best WR in the class. I'd rather own him than either Olave or London although I love both of them and believe at least London might be a buy candidate during rookie draft season. The x-factor is Jameson Williams. We haven't seen him and it is very, very possible he is the best WR in this class.

Chase/JJ - obviously
Waddle/Higgins - yes WR2 on their NFL team but the floor is high. I could see maybe taking Wilson for ceiling over these guys
Diggs/Hill/Adams/Kupp - depends on team need. A straight trade for these guys would seem reasonable to me on a win-now contender.
ARSB - this is probably the end of the list for me. ARSB scares me a bit because of Jameson. I don't see how Jameson can be what we hope and it not bite in to ARSB's production which is volume dependent

Agreed on a lot of this. I'd keep Wilson over ARSB, Higgins and DK personally if I had him. I like Waddle over him as I see him in the same range as AJB and Lamb, but Higgins is in the DK range for me

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:42 pm

tstafford wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:49 am TLDR but jumping in anyway. Wilson owner and OSU grad/fan.

Chase/JJ - obviously

Wilson has to be the #1 rookie WR atm. He's still growing as a player and is already up there with Olave as the best rookie WR.

X-factors are Jamo, Christian Watson, George Pickens and Treylon Burks. Burks' upside even if he develops might still not be there in that offense, though.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:42 pm

Wilson and Olave are spiderman meme'ing for me.

Olave has cooled off some after a crazy start, and Wilson has started heating up after bad circumstances. Both excellent route runners already as a rookies.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:46 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:42 pm Wilson and Olave are spiderman meme'ing for me.

Olave has cooled off some after a crazy start, and Wilson has started heating up after bad circumstances. Both excellent route runners already as a rookies.
Garrett's about to go absolutely nuts against Detroit's "defense" this week.

Especially with the Lions offense scoring at their current clip this last month - you legitimately have to out-score them track-meet style to win.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:31 am

Mike11 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:16 am I doubt anyone has Wilson over Lamb right now in a vacuum though.
Well, this guy does.... I have him higher and love that his cost to acquire is less.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:44 pm

So lots of smoke that Rodgers may end up in New York with the Jets. I know I've personally stated I believe Garrett Wilson has that Justin Jefferson level talent, so if Rodgers finds his way into NY I am going to be absolutely shooketh. Rodgers is older yes, but dude was 2nd in the NFL last year with "On-Target %" and his team lead the NFL in drops...

So what does this mean for Garrett Wilson?
  • To me...if Rodgers ends up there, Garrett is in store for an absolute baller season.
  • I firmly believe, Rodgers would elevate Garrett to a 100 catch 1400/1500+ yard season
  • Garrett is already a top 10 dynasty asset per KTC. That is WR6 overall and I personally could see an argument for WR3
  • This is a big if, but if Rodgers ends up with the NYJ, I am of the believe that Garrett will be ranked higher than any other WR by the end of 2023
  • Flag has been planted!

Year 9 of my league

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:35 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:44 pm So lots of smoke that Rodgers may end up in New York with the Jets. I know I've personally stated I believe Garrett Wilson has that Justin Jefferson level talent, so if Rodgers finds his way into NY I am going to be absolutely shooketh. Rodgers is older yes, but dude was 2nd in the NFL last year with "On-Target %" and his team lead the NFL in drops...

So what does this mean for Garrett Wilson?
  • To me...if Rodgers ends up there, Garrett is in store for an absolute baller season.
  • I firmly believe, Rodgers would elevate Garrett to a 100 catch 1400/1500+ yard season
  • Garrett is already a top 10 dynasty asset per KTC. That is WR6 overall and I personally could see an argument for WR3
  • This is a big if, but if Rodgers ends up with the NYJ, I am of the believe that Garrett will be ranked higher than any other WR by the end of 2023
  • Flag has been planted!
None of that is crazy IMO. If Rodgers goes to NYJ Wilson becomes a preseason top-12 WR for redraft (round 2 selection) thus solidifying his position as a top tier dynasty asset. The combination of that type of projected immediate production and his youth is incredibly valuable. He might already be nearly impossible to buy. Will take deals that the forum says are overpays to get him.

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:36 am

Had Wilson as my #1 WR on the draft board last year and happily watched as both London and Burks came off the board before him and I snagged him at 5. I thought about trading up for him but had a good feeling that those 2 guys would go over him so I gambled staying put…love it when a plan comes together.
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave