Risk of Tua?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Re: Risk of Tua?

Postby PBFalcon » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:43 pm

If I could anything significant for Tua I would take it. He could actually never play another snap of football.
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:53 pm

PBFalcon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:43 pmIf I could anything significant for Tua I would take it. He could actually never play another snap of football.
I've seen a lot of these type posts. What I haven't seen is a specific takeaway that would satisfy you (not picking on you PBF, but anyone else who's said the same) to dump the walking concussion.

What do you (and all of you) consider "anything significant" to be?

In SF, is it a 1st? A 2nd? Akers? Mike Williams? Zach Wilson?

In 1qb, is it Ridder? Is it Heinike? Is it a late 2nd? Is it Mooney?

I'm just wondering what's the real price to dump a guy who was QB4-6 in most leagues before he missed his first game in 2022. We aren't talking about Michael Thomas who was clearly done. We're talking about a guy who could maybe be a T6QB if he plays the entire season. I wish he would retire, but I don't control that. But if I have him on my team, I'm not dumping that sort of potential for a late 2nd.

So what's the price you guys are talking about? :?
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:00 pm

I posted about this too a few weeks back and the consensus seemed to be trade if you can, but what the return should be was unclear. For team 2 in my description I'm trying to package Tua, 2.02, and maybe 1 or 2 2024 1sts for a QB upgrade and a WR1
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (TS), Levis (TS), Bagent, Hall, Rudolph, Fromm
RB: Roschon (TS), Allgeier, Hill, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell, K. Harris, E. Wilson
WR: Addison, London, Jmo, Shaheed, Reed (TS), Pop D, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Austin, Gipson, Melton,
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (TS), Trautman, Gray, Jordan
2024: 1.01, 1.07, 2.04, 2.10, 2.11, 3.01, 3.06, 3.07, 3.11
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:27 pm

Anteaters wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:53 pm
PBFalcon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:43 pmIf I could anything significant for Tua I would take it. He could actually never play another snap of football.
I've seen a lot of these type posts. What I haven't seen is a specific takeaway that would satisfy you (not picking on you PBF, but anyone else who's said the same) to dump the walking concussion.

What do you (and all of you) consider "anything significant" to be?

In SF, is it a 1st? A 2nd? Akers? Mike Williams? Zach Wilson?

In 1qb, is it Ridder? Is it Heinike? Is it a late 2nd? Is it Mooney?

I'm just wondering what's the real price to dump a guy who was QB4-6 in most leagues before he missed his first game in 2022. We aren't talking about Michael Thomas who was clearly done. We're talking about a guy who could maybe be a T6QB if he plays the entire season. I wish he would retire, but I don't control that. But if I have him on my team, I'm not dumping that sort of potential for a late 2nd.

So what's the price you guys are talking about? :?
I don't own him so I can't truly say what I would take, but I think you answered your own question.
You won't take a late second. So you would take a mid 2nd or better. It gonna be different for everyone.
Something significant for me means someone with potential to make a difference to my team. Or a couple decent dart throws. If I had the roster space then a 2nd that's on the clock so I know who I am getting or random 2nd and 3rd would be enough for me.
Ridder, Heinicke, and Mooney would not be worth it for me to pivot. Someone has to still believe in Tua right now enough to make a better offer than that...I would think.
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:58 pm

PBFalcon wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:27 pmSomething significant for me means someone with potential to make a difference to my team. Or a couple decent dart throws. If I had the roster space then a 2nd that's on the clock so I know who I am getting or random 2nd and 3rd would be enough for me.
Ridder, Heinicke, and Mooney would not be worth it for me to pivot. Someone has to still believe in Tua right now enough to make a better offer than that...I would think.
That's the key for me. Someone good enough to make a difference on my team.

If you say Ridder and Mooney aren't worth it, I wonder if a random 2nd (much less a 3rd) would mean anything. And in the end, I think that gets back to what you said at the end.

"Someone has to ... make a better offer than that."

To me a better offer and "make a difference" is at least a 1st. Or a WR better than Chicago's WR1. I have Tua on multiple teams and I'm not taking a dart throw 2nd for him. I'll gamble on his unfortunate situation rather than take 2023's Dotson/Cook/Rachaad/Spiller/etc.

If I'm going to trade a potential (but risky) high-end QB1, I need at the least a shot at an Olave or Pickens (in 1qb or 2qb) or the 3rd or 4th QB in 2qb. Or I need a good young position player -- not necessarily the WR10, but not the WR25.

Finding the right price for Tua that doesn't cheat the Tua owner or present an unnecessarily huge risk for the guy acquiring Tua is going to be a tough needle to thread. I think the hunters are looking to give up a late 2nd or 3rd, or bum players. Any Tua owner who accepts that is a doggone fool.

This is the picture of a deal that probably can't get done.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser