Dynasty Owner Breach of Trust

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheHipHopOpotamus
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Dynasty Owner Breach of Trust

Postby TheHipHopOpotamus » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:37 am

I have 24 teams at Dynasty Owner. The culture of Dynasty Owner from the Owner CEO Tim Peffer down is that tanking is frowned upon but tolerated. Basically it's within the rules - you can start scrubs without penalty. The Head of Compliance at Dynasty Owner is Nick Larmore. Nick, with Tim's encouragement, tries to enforce the culture of integrity rather than the rules. Nick also has a player account and plays in 14 leagues at Dynasty Owner. I play in one league with both Tim and Nick. Nick tries to be friends with everyone. He was nice when I started playing there. When I brought up the fact I wasn't comfortable with employees playing on the site he got very defensive. Shortly after that he emailed me a warning when I clearly hadn't broken any rules. I was tanking in a few leagues, but within the rules. He sent a barrage of emails that included screenshots of my conversations, screenshots of how other customers behaved more "manly" than me, attacked my integrity, said I had no honor, etc.

In one league Nick held up a trade of mine for 3 months. Trade reviews typically take a few days. For 3 months I didn't know who would be on my roster and the players involved in the trade were locked. When trade reviews are completed there is always an email to the league but in this case after the playoffs the players were simply unlocked as if nothing happened.

I happened to win a championship in the league with Nick and Tim and in the league where my trade was held up. On that day my chat feature was removed without warning or explanation. I can no longer see chats or chat myself. I admit I'm outspoken. I've been critical at times of Dynasty Owner in the chat. But they could just tell me to shut up. Banning my chat was completely unreasonable. In fact I have barely said anything in any of my 24 league chats in months so the timing of this is suspicious.

On Jan. 13th I emailed Tim asking him to restore the chat feature so I can use the site to make trades. I said I would otherwise be silent if he wished, but I had the right to have the same access to the same features everyone else has.

A few nights ago I logged in and my team name had been changed to Dynasty Owner Freedom Fighters. I was scared all my teams were being taken from me. I changed my name back to Can't See Chat which I was using to let league mates know I couldn't see any messages they were sending. My team name kept flipping back to Dynasty Owner Freedom Fighters. Then I got a trade offer from Nick who plays under the team name Quaranteam. At that time my team had been changed to "coward"

I emailed Tim with a screenshot of this.

Later that day they changed my profile name back, but I still don't have access to the chat feature.

Now I suppose they will find a reason not to give me the chat feature back because they are worried I will expose them, but I just want to have access to chat to see what people are saying, who is on the block etc and negotiate trades.

As a customer who pays to play there I'm being cheated when I don't have access to the same features everyone else has. In addition to that Tim and Nick are in a league with me so they are not only employees who are handicapping a customer they also are opponents who are cheating an opponent by gaining an unfair advantage.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dynasty Owner Breach of Trust

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:07 pm

Hi Turco. Since you're giving out names already, I am sure providing the screen shot here won't be an issue. League link would be appreciated.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:12 pm

Note to Self: Stay far away from Dynasty Owner

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:34 pm

How are you old enough to click the "I'm not a robot" box?!?

Holy sheep.

TheHipHopOpotamus
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TheHipHopOpotamus » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:40 pm

The screenshot file of the trade offer/screen name change is too large to upload here. If it's allowed I can post a link to Twitter where I posted the screenshot which includes the head of compliance team name and my changed team name.

DynastyOwner.com is the site.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:59 pm

I have logged this in the "man I don't care file"
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:26 pm

Seems it's time to leave Dynasty Owner. Not sure why anyone would bother to stay after all of that nonsense.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, T. Tagovailoa
RB: D. Swift, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, D. Smith, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, J. Metchie, C. Claypool
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, T. Kraft
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
Taxi Squad: R. Ali, F. Gore Jr., J. Cowing, C. Johnson

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, I. Pacheco, D. Singletary, D. Pierce, E. Gray
WR: A. J. Brown, C. Olave, J. Waddle, D. J. Moore, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed, A. T. Perry
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
Taxi Squad: R. Pearsall, B. Corum, D. Laube

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:35 pm

Dr.Graffin wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:26 pm Seems it's time to leave Dynasty Owner. Not sure why anyone would bother to stay after all of that nonsense.
++
I'm not sure why anyone would want to stay. Especially if I have to pay to play in that nonsense. As NSync once said, "bye bye bye".
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:42 pm

This is the type of question where the solution seems complex and difficult to the person caught up in it, but it is actually incredibly simple. Leave the league. Don't put up with that garbage. Fantasy football is supposed to be fun.

TheHipHopOpotamus
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TheHipHopOpotamus » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Leaving is easier said than done. I have 24 teams and you can only sell one at a time. Not confident I would receive checks if I did sell. I have a strong portfolio of teams that should be profitable for years to come. Will play elsewhere in the future however
Last edited by TheHipHopOpotamus on Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:46 pm

Anteaters wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:35 pm
Dr.Graffin wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:26 pm Seems it's time to leave Dynasty Owner. Not sure why anyone would bother to stay after all of that nonsense.
++
I'm not sure why anyone would want to stay. Especially if I have to pay to play in that nonsense. As NSync once said, "bye bye bye".
Or as Boyz II Men almost said.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, T. Tagovailoa
RB: D. Swift, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, D. Smith, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, J. Metchie, C. Claypool
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, T. Kraft
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
Taxi Squad: R. Ali, F. Gore Jr., J. Cowing, C. Johnson

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, I. Pacheco, D. Singletary, D. Pierce, E. Gray
WR: A. J. Brown, C. Olave, J. Waddle, D. J. Moore, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed, A. T. Perry
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
Taxi Squad: R. Pearsall, B. Corum, D. Laube

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:53 pm

TheHipHopOpotamus wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:46 pm Thanks for the feedback. Leaving is easier said than done. I have 24 teams and you can only sell one at a time. Not confident I would receive checks if I did sell. I’ve got also have a strong portfolio of teams that should be profitable for years to come. Will play elsewhere in the future however
If you are unable to leave the league for financial reasons, the new answer is just as obvious as the previous answer of "just leave". If you can't leave, apologize (like you mean it), work with the guys that run the league to get your privileges back, and STFU. That's it. That's your option.

Continuing to be a righteous SOB isn't going to get you what you want. At this point, if financial issues are keeping you from leaving, apologize, then spend the next season or two working out a solution to exit without losing any extra money. Or apologize and keep the peace indefinitely, and remain in the league.

But those are your only two viable options. Leave. Or stay and Apologize (like you mean it sincerely.)
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver, Waller
2023 semifinals loser

drobes
Starter
Starter

Postby drobes » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:56 pm

TheHipHopOpotamus wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:46 pm Thanks for the feedback. Leaving is easier said than done. I have 24 teams and you can only sell one at a time. Not confident I would receive checks if I did sell. I’ve got also have a strong portfolio of teams that should be profitable for years to come. Will play elsewhere in the future however
If you're not even confident that you will receive checks from them, then why would you continue to pay annual fees and sink your time and energy into a corrupt operation?

Based on your description of the situation, it seems better to cut your losses and walk away now. But to each their own..

TheHipHopOpotamus
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TheHipHopOpotamus » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:04 pm

Perhaps I’m self righteous no doubt I’m stubborn but I’m not going to apologize for playing on their site within the boundaries of the rules in the constitution and as laid out by the owner on YouTube

I got paid via Team Stake for this year anyway which I think is more reliable than Dynasty Owner
Last edited by TheHipHopOpotamus on Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:21 pm

I won’t pretend to fully understand what’s happening here but it seems bad, and there’s a price $ value on living a life full of stress, I’d get out, even at a cost.
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)