2022-23 playoffs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: 2022-23 playoffs

Postby mild » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:31 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:57 pm The people saying they’d take Lawrence over Herbert is not aging well
This didn't age... :lol: joking.

I replied about how T-Law would bounce back. I was talking about next year and later in his career. Didn't expect this, but that shows the character I was talking about. What an absolute gamer. To pick himself up of the mat like that.
I hope we can all agree that both these QB's are excellent, and that tempting the football gods in a Playoff Chargers game still in it's 1st quarter is a bad fkn idea. :lol:

I might still take Herbert once his coach is Sean Payton, though.

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:48 am

Crazy game last night…

Anyone care to share their predictions these next couple games?

Here are mine:

Bills over Dolphins
Bengals over Ravens
Giants over Vikings
Bucs over Cowboys
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:57 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:44 pm I think the thing that surprised me 2nd most in the Chargers/Jaguars game, behind the wild come from behind victory, was just how two 6'6" QB's could have so many passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage.

I am used to seeing shorter QB's have that problem (Mayfield), just not used to seeing taller QB's have the same problem.
That’s a really interesting observation. The pass rush on both sides was really solid all game so it looked to me like both QBs were working out of smaller pockets. I believe bigger QBs are just used to throwing over the top all the time, where smaller QBs have to shift their platform a little to see the passing lane they want. The bigger QBs aren’t used to that so they just stand in and with the shrunken pocket, DLs get a chance to get a hand in their path. Plus it looks to me like Herbert’s arm angle has dropped a little this year for some reason.

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:58 am

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:48 am Crazy game last night…

Here are mine:

Bills over Dolphins
Bengals over Ravens
Giants over Vikings
Bucs over Cowboys
Now with Thompson and Huntley starting I don’t think anybody would have Dolphins or Ravens.

But I’m still betting on Vikings to win against a still too young and untalented Giants squad, and Bucs/Boys is a total toss up to me - I’ll go Bucs because of Brady, even though I secretly think they’ve been broken since AB walked off the field.

Bills
Bengals
Vikings
Bucs

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:08 am

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:48 am Crazy game last night…

Here are mine:

Bills over Dolphins
Bengals over Ravens
Giants over Vikings
Bucs over Cowboys
The opposite of this, except for the Bills…
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:14 am

mild wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:34 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:31 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:57 pm The people saying they’d take Lawrence over Herbert is not aging well
This didn't age... :lol: joking.

I replied about how T-Law would bounce back. I was talking about next year and later in his career. Didn't expect this, but that shows the character I was talking about. What an absolute gamer. To pick himself up of the mat like that.
I hope we can all agree that both these QB's are excellent, and that tempting the football gods in a Playoff Chargers game still in it's 1st quarter is a bad fkn idea. :lol:

I might still take Herbert once his coach is Sean Payton, though.
Doubt they pay up for him. Not that owner, unless he goes off script.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:24 am

Hawks intent to bring Geno back, per report.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/stat ... 8284855296
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:52 am

I’m a Lawrence owner, so I was thrilled to see him shrug off his 1st half and respond the way that he did to overcome that 27 point deficit. However, I still recognize that the whole need for the comeback was that Lawrence kept throwing to the wrong colored jerseys in the 1st half and was almost entirely responsible for digging that hole in the first place. He’s still got some work to do.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:24 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:57 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:44 pm I think the thing that surprised me 2nd most in the Chargers/Jaguars game, behind the wild come from behind victory, was just how two 6'6" QB's could have so many passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage.

I am used to seeing shorter QB's have that problem (Mayfield), just not used to seeing taller QB's have the same problem.
That’s a really interesting observation. The pass rush on both sides was really solid all game so it looked to me like both QBs were working out of smaller pockets. I believe bigger QBs are just used to throwing over the top all the time, where smaller QBs have to shift their platform a little to see the passing lane they want. The bigger QBs aren’t used to that so they just stand in and with the shrunken pocket, DLs get a chance to get a hand in their path. Plus it looks to me like Herbert’s arm angle has dropped a little this year for some reason.
One of the greatest strengths of both of those QB’s is the ability to throw accurately from multiple arm angles. They are like Mahomes in that regard.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:45 am

Refs were terrible again, BTW. A week after the Rams/Hawks debacle.

NFL needs full time refs. They need to pay up and get people completely dedicated to the line of work, year round. The problem is growing, and more people are beginning to get frustrated.
Janiel Dones Truther

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:50 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:45 am Refs were terrible again, BTW. A week after the Rams/Hawks debacle.

NFL needs full time refs. They need to pay up and get people completely dedicated to the line of work, year round. The problem is growing, and more people are beginning to get frustrated.
They’ve needed that for decades and given the capital the league hauls in I cannot comprehend why the league would choose otherwise.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:56 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:50 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:45 am Refs were terrible again, BTW. A week after the Rams/Hawks debacle.

They’ve needed that for decades and given the capital the league hauls in I cannot comprehend why the league would choose otherwise.
Agreed. The noise is getting a lot louder now, especially with social media. Hopefully a change is coming. They want longer seasons and more money, how about fixing one of the biggest problems the league has, it won't cost that much.
Janiel Dones Truther

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:27 am

Yes refs were terrible. They were mostly fine in SF/Sea, and by stark contrast the LAC/Jac game was a cluster f of bad and missed calls.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:00 pm

dondickenson wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:27 am

Yes refs were terrible. They were mostly fine in SF/Sea, and by stark contrast the LAC/Jac game was a cluster f of bad and missed calls.
That chargers "catch" that just straight bounced off the ground was one of the worst calls I've seen in a looong time.
100% agree with you guys. It's a joke they aren't full time refs. Is their any other pro league that handles it the same as the NFL?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:06 pm

dondickenson wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:27 am

It honestly felt rigged with the amount of non-calls on LAC. That defense was playing crazy hands-y all night... but there was no consistency to the calls.

Even when the tide was turning, there were some egregious misses. I was impressed with the Jags... they really fought back against adversity, both game sitch and officiating. No quit. Love it.