Hunting Bijan

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Hunting Bijan

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:00 am

Probably many of these type of posts will pop up in the next few months.

12 team SF start 11, looking to trade for Bijan (1.01).
Assets are:

Stefon Diggs

D'Andre Swift, JK Dobbins, Ken Walker, Miles Sanders, Isiah Pacheco, Khalil Herbert, Isaiah Spiller, Joshua Kelley

2023 pick 1.10

So I am thinking of packaging Stefon Diggs with one of my RB's for 1.01.
If I want to use a lower tier RB like Sanders, Pacheco, etc., I assume I will have to throw in the 1.10 too.

Thoughts?

Diggs/Swift enough?
Diggs/Walker?
Diggs/Sanders/1.10?

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Hunting Bijan

Postby Cherokee » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:14 am

So much depends on the team with 1.01. If its a dumpster fire team like mine, Id want to get a lot younger. Diggs, Sanders and Swift as part of a package wouldnt really interest me.
I moved 1.01 for Olave, 23 1st,2nd, 3rd and a 24 1st. Walker and Diggs or Walker 1.10 and a future pick might get it done.
Very difficult question to answer without knowing all the details
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:06 am

You're right, there will be many threads like this one over the next several months. Two things will be constants: 1) it's going to cost a ton to get the 1.01 to ensure you can select Bijan, 2) it will depend on the roster and mindset of the owner of the 1.01.

The only thing to do is engage the Bijan owner and go from there. I think any of your suggested offers are good openings. None are "disrespectful" but I can say that I wouldn't do any of them if I owned Bijan. Depending on my roster, I might consider Diggs/Walker/1.10. That would probably get it done even though I own and don't like Walker. Nothing involving Pacheco, Sanders, etc. would get my attention at all.

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:15 am

I agree with the above comments. If I earned the 1.1, I want young assets and picks. Walker would need to be included. The 1.10 for a rebuilding team would almost be a throw in, but needed. Walker, 1.10, and next years first would be a starting point at this point of the season. That pick will only gain in value.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:51 am

I think the value of Diggs + Walker for the 1.01 is there but if the team with the 1.01 is in a rebuild, multiple year retool, I could see Diggs not being overly appealing based on age and his value cliff coming/that will be here in the next year. As others have mentioned, the rights to Robinson will be extremely pricey and difficult to land. Major overpays will be needed.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:00 am

As much as I love Bijan and covet him. I am having a heard time justifying the acquisition cost that will be needed to move to 1.01. Diggs and Walker is a lot and that may not be enough..... I am probably out of the conversation
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

logan_roy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby logan_roy » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:40 am

Moving Walker and Diggs for the 1.01 would be an easy no go for me. Value is definitely on the Walker and Diggs side and you don’t even have the luxury of knowing what situation Bijan will wind up in. Though talent will prevail, some situations are still better than others.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:00 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:00 am As much as I love Bijan and covet him. I am having a heard time justifying the acquisition cost that will be needed to move to 1.01. Diggs and Walker is a lot and that may not be enough..... I am probably out of the conversation
I'm with you. Price is too high. I'm not even trying to get him.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:28 pm

Cherokee wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:14 am So much depends on the team with 1.01. If its a dumpster fire team like mine, Id want to get a lot younger. Diggs, Sanders and Swift as part of a package wouldnt really interest me.
I moved 1.01 for Olave, 23 1st,2nd, 3rd and a 24 1st. Walker and Diggs or Walker 1.10 and a future pick might get it done.
Very difficult question to answer without knowing all the details
So the team is a dumpster fire for sure, and actually, I traded away the 1.01 to him for an all in move for me just after week 5.
I traded him four 2023 1st round picks (1.01, 1.04, 1.10, 1.12) for Justin Jefferson and Stefon Diggs.
They were the only 2 decent players on his roster. I still did not win in 2022, finishing in 3rd place.

My thinking is that when starting 11 offensive players (12 team SF) , that one player will not turn his roster around.
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex, Flex, SF

Here is his roster:
QB: Mayfield, Ryan, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: J. Cook, Boston Scott, Kyle Juszczyk, D'Onta Foreman, Darrell Henderson, Tony Jones
WR: Zay Jones, Scott Miller, Jalen Reagor, Sammy Watkins, Julio Jones
TE: Trey McBride, Juwan Johnson, Albert Okwuegbunam

My roster:

QB: Justin Herbert, Russ Wilson, Tannehill, Darnold
RB: Swift, Walker, Sanders, Dobbins, Khalil Herbert, Isaiah Spiller, Isiah Pacheco, Joshua Kelley, Rashaad Penny
WR: Justin Jefferson, Diggs, AJ Brown, Amari Cooper, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Courtland Sutton, Michael Thomas, Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, DPJ,Terrace Marshall, Tolbert
TE: Waller, Goedert, Kmet, Chigoziem Okonkwo

As you can see, I have much more depth than he does in a 12 team start 11 league.
His roster will take so long to build that Bijan's career will probably be over by the time he is competitive, unless he nails all of his picks.
However, he has shown previously to be a poor drafter, which is why he is in this position.

So I am thinking if I throw say Ken Walker, Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, Cole Kmet, pick 1.10 that would be young talent that is better than he has at various positions. Could even throw in Sam Darnold.

Truth is I am also looking to move Diggs, but you are right that a roster this bad probably doesn't want an older WR.

I will look to move Diggs to another team.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:14 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:00 am As much as I love Bijan and covet him. I am having a heard time justifying the acquisition cost that will be needed to move to 1.01. Diggs and Walker is a lot and that may not be enough..... I am probably out of the conversation
You could be right, especially with how important depth is in a 12 team start 11 SF league.

If I recall correctly though, I believe you are higher on Walker than I am.
I believe you are high on Bijan, but maybe I am more bullish on Bijan, who knows?

As others have said, a guy with such a horrible roster probably doesn't want Diggs anyway.
Maybe I could offer a package of Walker, Isiah Pacheco, Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore and Cole Kmet.
That would be 5 instant starters on his team for Bijan, all young too.

Walker is the only regular starter on my team, but all 5 would be starters on his roster.
Maybe have to throw in the 1.10 too.

Here is his roster:
RB: J. Cook, Boston Scott, Kyle Juszczyk, D'Onta Foreman, Darrell Henderson, Tony Jones

His current starting lineup:

QB: Baker Mayfield
RB: James Cook
RB: Boston Scott
WR: Zay Jones
WR: Scotty Miller
WR: Jalen Reagor
TE: Trey McBride
Flex: Kyle Juszczyk
Flex: Juwan Johnson
Flex: D'Onta Foreman
SF: Carson Wentz

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:45 pm

5 dimes for a dollar won't work. Once I see the 7 for 1 type offer I know I'm getting the short end of the stick. Think you build around Walker + later 1st + an actual high-end young WR say Metcalf or D. Smith range, and I could see a deal getting done. Then if they say, please add Kmet you don't hesitate.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:45 pm

Menace2010 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:45 pm 5 dimes for a dollar won't work. Once I see the 7 for 1 type offer I know I'm getting the short end of the stick. Think you build around Walker + later 1st + an actual high-end young WR say Metcalf or D. Smith range, and I could see a deal getting done. Then if they say, please add Kmet you don't hesitate.
Maybe you are right, but again, this guy has 11 holes to fill, and Bijan only fills one slot.
His best starter is James Cook or Zay Jones.

My top young WR's are Justin Jefferson and AJ Brown.
Which is why I started off with a Walker + Stefon Diggs package, but all said that a team if full rebuild would not want Diggs, and I agree.

I feel that packaging Jefferson or AJ Brown with Walker would be too much to give up for Bijan for me.

May just be that there is no way I can get a deal done.

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:35 pm

As someone who has been rebuilding the last 2 years and sitting on 1.1 ive seen several offers for my players or picks. Everyone knew I was trying to rebuild and yet still making me offers with aging players because of values/trade calcs or whatever. It’s like I have to beat into their head I want to rebuild so I want youth…or picks. Not 28-30 year old WR or RB. While Diggs is great is he someone a rebuilding team wants/needs? Probably not
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:58 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:35 pm As someone who has been rebuilding the last 2 years and sitting on 1.1 ive seen several offers for my players or picks. Everyone knew I was trying to rebuild and yet still making me offers with aging players because of values/trade calcs or whatever. It’s like I have to beat into their head I want to rebuild so I want youth…or picks. Not 28-30 year old WR or RB. While Diggs is great is he someone a rebuilding team wants/needs? Probably not
I get that now, which is why I am looking at other options.

Say this is your roster in a 12 team SF league:

Here is his roster:

We start 11: QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex/SF
So obviously with that roster, Bijan could play his whole career on a bad team.

What would you say to an offer of Ken Walker, Khalil Herbert, Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, Cole Kmet
That would be 5 young instant starters on his team for Bijan.

If you think that is not enough, I could also throw in 2023 1.10.
Is that enough?

crip7300
Starter
Starter

Postby crip7300 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:32 am

I get wanting Bijan, he is the next "generational" RB, like Barkley, Zeke, Gurley, etc. IF you really want him, I think you have to open with Walker, Kmet, 1.10. Adding more young unproductive players after that almost hurts your cause and cheapens the deal imo. Let them counter back if they like any of your other young players, which looks like you are more than willing to add, so keep them all as add ons vs just throwing them in the deal right away. Also if you are throwing this type of fire power at a single asset, I'd heavily consider trying to land a top QB in superflex vs a rookie RB, you really don't have much to rely on after Herbert.
Team 1
12 team Non PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex
QB Goff Geno Pickett
RB Bijan CMC Chubb JWill Kendre
WR Pittman Diontae Mooney Juju Hyatt Nico
TE Waller Schultz

Team 2
12 team SF PPR RB 0.5, WR 1, TE 1.5
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex
QB Herbert Hurts Darnold Mac Love
RB Saquon Chubb Mixon Dillon