Deshaun Watson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Deshaun Watson

Postby murphysxm » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:58 am

grandmabetty wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:48 am
gpaok wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:09 am So far he has managed to kill the value of two top 12 scoring assets (Chubb/Cooper), and has looked bad, yet their Defense carried them when needed.
It's been 2 games? I get the skepticism but before the legal trouble Watson finished as a top 5 QB like 3 or 4 years in a row. For me I'm giving him until midway through next season before I call him washed up
I am on record that I am out on him based on off the field, but I am still very surprised that people just expected the same player to come back. He has missed 27 of a possible 81 games of his career. 33% ish. He MAY get back to who he was on the field, but there is no guarantees in that statement.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:06 am

I'm reluctantly holding onto my one share, but will also give him some time to get back to it. I'd love to trade him though. Since TLaw has finally come on, I'm not quite as desperate in my QB room
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:19 am

grandmabetty wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:48 am
gpaok wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:09 am So far he has managed to kill the value of two top 12 scoring assets (Chubb/Cooper), and has looked bad, yet their Defense carried them when needed.
It's been 2 games? I get the skepticism but before the legal trouble Watson finished as a top 5 QB like 3 or 4 years in a row. For me I'm giving him until midway through next season before I call him washed up
3, but who's counting? :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:16 am

Pretty disappointed with my unrealistic expectations for his return.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:15 am

QB misses two years of football, comes back to a brand new team and new offense midseason and is struggling.

Didn't see that coming.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:38 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:15 am QB misses two years of football, comes back to a brand new team and new offense midseason and is struggling.

Didn't see that coming.
LOL
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:07 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:15 am QB misses two years of football, comes back to a brand new team and new offense midseason and is struggling.

Didn't see that coming.
Don't forget the part where he (rightly!) received 2 straight years of public shaming, horror-show news cycles and court cases, and being called a sex pest/creep by the public at large.

Just from the public shamings I've seen before, it tends to do things to people. Some are never the same.

TBD on Watto, but for sure, those massage memes and signs and heckles at the games will -never- disappear for the rest of his career.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:32 pm

mild wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:07 pm

Didn't see that coming.
Don't forget the part where he (rightly!) received 2 straight years of public shaming, horror-show news cycles and court cases, and being called a sex pest/creep by the public at large.

Just from the public shamings I've seen before, it tends to do things to people. Some are never the same.

TBD on Watto, but for sure, those massage memes and signs and heckles at the games will -never- disappear for the rest of his career.
Unless he gets all those fans to sign NDA's.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:41 am

I wont panic about his play unless be struggles next year. He needs a full offseason program amd training camp.

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:22 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:41 am I wont panic about his play unless be struggles next year. He needs a full offseason program amd training camp.
I might be remembering wrong but didn't he have a full off season program and training camp, then was just suspended when the season started?

That said a bigger issue is probably being away from practices with the team the last 3+ months. I have no idea how much work he was putting in on his own. Also, he's a scummy dude and I don't care if he ends up terrible.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:37 pm

Csl312 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:22 pm
MFundercover wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:41 am I wont panic about his play unless be struggles next year. He needs a full offseason program amd training camp.
I might be remembering wrong but didn't he have a full off season program and training camp, then was just suspended when the season started?

That said a bigger issue is probably being away from practices with the team the last 3+ months. I have no idea how much work he was putting in on his own. Also, he's a scummy dude and I don't care if he ends up terrible.
I think you’re right. Training camp at least. I’m pretty sure he even played a preseason game this year with the anticipation he’d miss time.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:03 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:37 pm

I think you’re right. Training camp at least. I’m pretty sure he even played a preseason game this year with the anticipation he’d miss time.
He was banned from team facilities and practice until late October. I dont remember if he played in the preseason but moral of the story he has had considerable absense from the team most of the season

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:09 pm

Think he is gonna be just fine. If anyone bought low that was very very smart. You weren’t ever gonna get him cheaper. In the end it’s a game Of collecting talent. The talent is still there

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:21 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:09 pm Think he is gonna be just fine. If anyone bought low that was very very smart. You weren’t ever gonna get him cheaper. In the end it’s a game Of collecting talent. The talent is still there

Yeah, I think he will be solid in 2023.

I got Watson in round 4 of a 12 team SF startup in June 2022.
I didn't make the playoffs, in fact I finished in last place, because after the Watson pick I decided to just go young, and have a VERY young and injured roster, as I took the discount on injured players too after round 4..
Grabbing players like Jameson Williams, Chase Young, etc., basically started playing for 2023 before the startup draft was over.

I expect that Watson will be in round 1 of startups in 2023 SF leagues.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:31 am

You're technically right but I think its obvious what I meant.

To be exact: I wont panic unless he has a full offseason program with the team, training camp, and osnt banned from team activities for the first 3 months of the season, gets injured, etc and still struggles.

That said he looked good today. Dude is a good football player.