Giving the league creator his commish rights back

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SN9-7Titans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Giving the league creator his commish rights back

Postby SN9-7Titans » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:39 am

Last offseason I joined a league emphasizing creating ridiculous scoring and making kickers the most crucial position. Anyway, after joining, and starting the draft, the original commish went on holiday for a week during this slow draft. He didn't notify anyone and was surprised that after countless messages his commish rights had been stripped and given to some other guy and myself, because i had run 4 other dynasty leagues for a couple of seasons now successfully. Throughout the season i am the guy who is pretty much addressing all problems and wishes, the other guy is only posting links to his stupid 32 teamers he creates on a weekly basis, to roughly paint a picture.

The scoring itself has been proven bad because it's basically a matchup between kickers now, so i mentioned in chat that we need to have a discussion and vote about that this off-season. After more or less no activity, the original owner writes in league chat that this is originally his league, he would change the scoring accordingly (which he set up in the first place) and he should be given his commish rights back.

Now, i dont want to be an bleep here, i'd give it back in a heartbeat, but im kind of salty, that not only does this guy go afk for days during a startup draft without telling anyone, but also has 0 activity throughout the season, and demands commish rights. Basically, i have to do all the work, whereas others just wear the "c" with pride, which is kind of BS.

I need some opinions here please, and thank you!
Team NoDrama - 12Team SF 1.5 TEP

QB: Hurts, Tagovailoa, Ridder, Lance, Purdy, Stroud
RB: Hall, Gibbs, Dobbins, Dillon, White, Warren
WR: Higgins, JSN, Jeudy, Aiyuk, Dotson, Amon-Ra, Shakir, Michael Thomas, Gallup, Rondale Moore
TE: Goedert, Meyer, Kincaid, Jelani Woods, Jonnu Smith, Otton, Bryant, Kolar
Picks: 3.07, 4.07
----------------------------

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Giving the league creator his commish rights back

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:42 am

Just fold the league and start a new one with the other league members you want to keep playing with.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:50 am

Way to much drama. Make a new league.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:52 am

Not a chance.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:53 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:42 am Just fold the league and start a new one with the other league members you want to keep playing with.
+++
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:02 pm

Tvols wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:53 am
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:42 am Just fold the league and start a new one with the other league members you want to keep playing with.
+++
++++
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:03 pm

SN9-7Titans wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:39 am Last offseason I joined a league emphasizing creating ridiculous scoring and making kickers the most crucial position. Anyway, after joining, and starting the draft, the original commish went on holiday for a week during this slow draft. He didn't notify anyone and was surprised that after countless messages his commish rights had been stripped and given to some other guy and myself, because i had run 4 other dynasty leagues for a couple of seasons now successfully. Throughout the season i am the guy who is pretty much addressing all problems and wishes, the other guy is only posting links to his stupid 32 teamers he creates on a weekly basis, to roughly paint a picture.

The scoring itself has been proven bad because it's basically a matchup between kickers now, so i mentioned in chat that we need to have a discussion and vote about that this off-season. After more or less no activity, the original owner writes in league chat that this is originally his league, he would change the scoring accordingly (which he set up in the first place) and he should be given his commish rights back.

Now, i dont want to be an bleep here, i'd give it back in a heartbeat, but im kind of salty, that not only does this guy go afk for days during a startup draft without telling anyone, but also has 0 activity throughout the season, and demands commish rights. Basically, i have to do all the work, whereas others just wear the "c" with pride, which is kind of BS.

Turcoroxx? Is that you?
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:32 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:03 pm
SN9-7Titans wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:39 am Last offseason I joined a league emphasizing creating ridiculous scoring and making kickers the most crucial position. Anyway, after joining, and starting the draft, the original commish went on holiday for a week during this slow draft. He didn't notify anyone and was surprised that after countless messages his commish rights had been stripped and given to some other guy and myself, because i had run 4 other dynasty leagues for a couple of seasons now successfully. Throughout the season i am the guy who is pretty much addressing all problems and wishes, the other guy is only posting links to his stupid 32 teamers he creates on a weekly basis, to roughly paint a picture.

Turcoroxx? Is that you?
Ooh good call

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:07 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:32 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:03 pm
Turcoroxx? Is that you?
Ooh good call
I don’t know if I I want to root for or against this.

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:34 pm

Give him the rights back, make a new league, take the members you want and for goodness sakes make kickers irrelevant like they belong.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:47 am

everyone here is missing the most interesting point: i want to know what scoring system makes it pretty much just a kicker showdown!

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:55 am

A bad one.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:19 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:55 amA bad one.
probably worse!
there are bad things, and there's the spectacularly bad you want know every detail about.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:29 am

Justin Tucker is your new Dynasty 1.01

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:08 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:29 am Justin Tucker is your new Dynasty 1.01
You can almost hear the terrible arguments for it "It's the most important position in the game, that's why its called FOOTball. And look at the NFL, who are all the highest scoring players there? Spoiler alert: they are all kickers!!"