Possible Najee Harris trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Possible Najee Harris trade

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:51 am

I have a team that is retooling and I am looking more at the 2023 - 2024 seasons and hoping to compete then.

I likely have the 1.01 and 1.02 depending on what happens this weekend. This is a 12 team, 1 QB, must start 2 RB format. .5 PPR. RBs carry extra value in this format and QBs are also valued higher with passing TDs worth 6 points.

Main build:
QB: Lamar Jackson, Tua, Mac Jones
RB: Najee Harris, Damien Harris
WR: Waddle, Amon-Ra St Brown, DeVonta Smith, Jeudy, Bateman, Palmer, Jameson Williams, Metchie III, Ridley
TE: Irv Smith Jr, Okonkwo

Obviously my RBs need help but I am hoping to grab the top two RBs with my upcoming 2023 1st round picks.

I have a couple offers on the table

#1 Give - Tua - Get: Garrett Wilson - slam dunk deal if the other manager goes for it. He is an out and out contender desperate for a QB. I am trying to cash in on that. He is currently thinking on it but leaning towards accepting.

#2 Give - Najee Harris and Joshua Palmer - Get: Chris Olave and James Cook. Another contender in serious need of another RB. Harris still holds some name value and the potential to produce.

Thoughts on these deals?

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Possible Najee Harris trade

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:36 pm

I like both. As you said, #1 is a slam dunk in 1QB.

#2 I’d rather have Olave than Najee at this point. Palmer & Cook are probably close enough to a wash for me. Palmer looks good when given opportunity, and Cook is starting to come on more as well. With your WRs I don’t see Palmer ever having a major impact, so maybe slight lean Cook here too.

I’d do both.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:50 pm

No offense but you shouldn't be able to acquire just Garrett Wilson OR Chris Olave with Tua, Palmer, and Harris in a 1-QB league. The fact that you could be getting BOTH, while also acquiring Cook? Not even a question.
10-team/.5 PPR Q RR WWW TE FF
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

12-team PPR/SF/TEP (+1PPR) Q RR WW TE FFF SF
QB - J. Hurts / D. Prescott / J. Love / B. Nix
RB - J. Taylor / K. Walker / J. Mixon / J. Brooks / D. Singletary / J. McLaughlin
WR - B. Aiyuk / K. Allen / S. Diggs / R. Odunze / X. Worthy / T. Franklin / J. Palmer / G. Davis / R. Doubs
TE - M. Andrews / D. Kincaid

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:02 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:50 pm No offense but you shouldn't be able to acquire just Garrett Wilson OR Chris Olave with Tua, Palmer, and Harris in a 1-QB league. The fact that you could be getting BOTH, while also acquiring Cook? Not even a question.
I hear you. I texted the Tua offer to the other manager last night and he said he did not hate it and was thinking on it. I was also shocked. The other manager does not want to include Cook now. I am considering moving Harris + Palmer for just Olave. This would leave me in a rough spot at RB but I have other WR's I can move in the offseason to help there. I am not sure if I trust Harris long term.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:11 pm

I like both deals. I would also do the 2nd deal even without Cook. I’m not a Najee believer.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:52 pm

1) I would be willing to give MUCH more than Tua. I think Tua is, at best, worth 50% of G Wilson.

2) Yes, even without Cook. I could make the Najee argument, but I'd rather see what Olave grows into than hope that Najee becomes a beast again. And I wouldn't stress about losing the RB. It's December of 2022, and there's no concern about setting a line up in September of 2023.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Mitchell ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), E Moore ('25), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $102

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:27 pm

I'd do the GWilson trade in 1QB.

I think the Najee/Olave is a toss up, but I'm still higher on Najee than some people. There's no guarantee the 2nd RB will be better than Najee in 2023 or long term. I'd feel better taking the best RB and the best WR with the 1.01 and 1.02, keeping Najee, and adding GWilson. But it's not a huge swing either way, so go with whichever you really want.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:20 pm

I don't know how good the next class is. I only hear it is pretty good here. So if there is a stud WR coming out, I can see keeping harris and taking the best RB and WR with your picks. I agree with taking the Tua trade. IF you can flex the RB, I think I am keeping Harris. When it is all said and done, if you get Wilson for Tua, it doesnt matter what you do with Harris.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:20 pm

1st deal is a no brainer, Tua for Wilson in a 1QB is a steal!!!

2nd I can see, but being 0.5 PPR I would expect Najee to have more value than just Olave, since RB's should have more value than WR's in that format, but maybe I'm wrong.

Olave is not one of my top WR targets, as I think he projects as a long term WR2, solid player, but did make the most of MT and Landry's absences this season. Not sure that he is a team's WR1 by design, happened more by accident this season.

Not a terrible deal though, I guess I am just a little surprised by how low Najee's value is now, that you would have to throw in Palmer with him just to get a WR2.