Rookie WR Production 2022

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Rookie WR Production 2022

Postby Paul717 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:47 am

waynesworld1234 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:07 pm Olave seems more like a Tyler Lockett type getting chunk plays, but doesn't play as well in RZ traffic. I think Garrett Wilson is better at uncovering. Both are elite options at WR, but I think Garrett's ceiling is higher.

People are sleeping on JSN if you all like Olave/Garrett. And Marvin could be better than all of them.
I had to have a friend and OSU Alum explain to me how the 2019 team didn't go undefeated.
(Wilson, Olave, and Jameson Williams :shock: )

I was like, "explain it to me like I'm 5" and it triggered him and he went on a rant about the BS officiating in the Clemson game. Lol.

But yeah, OSU has been rolling out some mega studs at the position. Just, wow.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:48 pm

Paul717 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:47 am But yeah, OSU has been rolling out some mega studs at the position. Just, wow.
A big part of this has been Brian Hartline becoming the WR's coach in 2019.

He is reportedly an -excellent- coach at the WR position... and in a kind of "chicken and egg" style outcome, a lot of the top recruits now want to go there as they are becoming a WR factory at the position - they know they'll get to destroy Big 10 defenses, be coached at an NFL-style level to be League-ready, and probably have a chance to be drafted very highly as a result.

OU have repeatedly moved Hartline up the coaching chart, too. He's gone from WR's coach to Passing Game Coordinator + WR's coach this year.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:02 am

Paul717 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:47 am
waynesworld1234 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:07 pm Olave seems more like a Tyler Lockett type getting chunk plays, but doesn't play as well in RZ traffic. I think Garrett Wilson is better at uncovering. Both are elite options at WR, but I think Garrett's ceiling is higher.

People are sleeping on JSN if you all like Olave/Garrett. And Marvin could be better than all of them.
I had to have a friend and OSU Alum explain to me how the 2019 team didn't go undefeated.
(Wilson, Olave, and Jameson Williams :shock: )

I was like, "explain it to me like I'm 5" and it triggered him and he went on a rant about the BS officiating in the Clemson game. Lol.

But yeah, OSU has been rolling out some mega studs at the position. Just, wow.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny.

Could say the same thing about the 2021 squad with JSN and Marvin Harrison Jr playing with Olave and Wilson.
I honestly think that Marvin Harrison Jr will be the best of that group.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:31 pm

Olave beat Ramsey like a rented mule today. I’m still heartbroken that he went two picks before my selection at 1.06. Dude is just phenomenal
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:19 am

Jameson Williams finally back at practice this week!
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:30 pm

Wilson looks like he’ll be getting back on track.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:53 am

I traded for Olave 5-6 weeks ago. I think the thing that pleases me the most is that somehow I've been just a little, tiny bit disappointed with his production since I got him, and YES I KNOW HE'S PRODUCED STILL! That's the point. The eye test is A+, the targets are great, and obviously I know he's top 20 in catches, almost top 10 in yards. Again, I'm not *actually* disappointed, but watching him it's kinda like, damn, how doesn't he have 7-100+ every week, you know?

God, if the Saints hire a smart, young offensive coach, and somehow find a QB...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:06 am

Im bored and hope DD doesnt mind me stealing his thunder ;)

After Week 12...

67+ Rookie Reception Yards per Game
90% Stud
90% Good or better
Chris Olave [75] :thumbup:

57-66 Rookie Reception Yards per Game
50% Stud
57-69% Good or better
Garrett Wilson [57] :dance:

47-56 Rookie Reception Yards per Game
38% Stud
57-69% Good or better
Treylon Burks [48] :wave:

--------------------

Less than 47
2-10% Stud
4-24% Good or better
George Pickens [46]
Christian Watson [39]
Alec Pierce [39]
Wan'Dale Robinson [38] (only 6 games played, out for year)
Drake London [37]
Romeo Doubs [35]

Jahan Dotson [26]
Rashid Shaheed [23]
Jalen Virgil [22] :thumbdown:
Kyle Philips [20] (4 games played, currently hurt)
Skyy Moore [19]
David Bell [15]
Khalil Shakir [13]
Samori Toure [13]
Tyquan Thornton [12]

+20 others...

---------------------------------------------------
*Stud = 3+ seasons of 1k+ receiving yards
*Good = 3+ seasons 750+ receiving yards
*Based on 1995-2015 sample
*Minimum of 9 games played
*PFF Grade = PFF Receiving Grade
--------------------------------------------------

If anyone wants to share the PFF Receiving grades for any of these players, feel free.

Looking for:
Yards per Game - 20+
Catch Percentage - 68%+
Yards per Target - 8+
Games played - 9+

Dulcich has the most YPG still at 39, but slightly missing on catch% at 66%

Otton is hitting all marks at 28 YPG, but his YPT is exactly 8

Bellinger also still hitting all the marks, besides games played. He should be back from injury any week.

Likely is next highest YPG at 20, but missing with some pretty poor YPT and catch% numbers

Chig Okonkwo is only at 19 YPG and similar catch % to Likely... However, he has a high YPT at >10. He seems to be getting deeper shots, or at least has the YAC abilities to turn big plays.

Jelani Woods just had his best game of his career. I love his upside and if he ups his YPG just a bit, he will be hitting all the #s

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:28 am

With a strong finish I anticipate Wilson can get into the 67+ range and Burks can get into the 57-66 range. People forgot Burks was basically learning a whole new position.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:24 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:06 am Im bored and hope DD doesnt mind me stealing his thunder ;)

After Week 12...

67+ Rookie Reception Yards per Game
90% Stud
90% Good or better
Chris Olave [75] :thumbup:

57-66 Rookie Reception Yards per Game
50% Stud
57-69% Good or better
Garrett Wilson [57] :dance:

47-56 Rookie Reception Yards per Game
38% Stud
57-69% Good or better
Treylon Burks [48] :wave:

--------------------

Less than 47
2-10% Stud
4-24% Good or better
George Pickens [46]
Christian Watson [39]
Alec Pierce [39]
Wan'Dale Robinson [38] (only 6 games played, out for year)
Drake London [37]
Romeo Doubs [35]

Jahan Dotson [26]
Rashid Shaheed [23]
Jalen Virgil [22] :thumbdown:
Kyle Philips [20] (4 games played, currently hurt)
Skyy Moore [19]
David Bell [15]
Khalil Shakir [13]
Samori Toure [13]
Tyquan Thornton [12]

+20 others...

---------------------------------------------------
*Stud = 3+ seasons of 1k+ receiving yards
*Good = 3+ seasons 750+ receiving yards
*Based on 1995-2015 sample
*Minimum of 9 games played
*PFF Grade = PFF Receiving Grade
--------------------------------------------------

If anyone wants to share the PFF Receiving grades for any of these players, feel free.

Looking for:
Yards per Game - 20+
Catch Percentage - 68%+
Yards per Target - 8+
Games played - 9+

Dulcich has the most YPG still at 39, but slightly missing on catch% at 66%

Otton is hitting all marks at 28 YPG, but his YPT is exactly 8

Bellinger also still hitting all the marks, besides games played. He should be back from injury any week.

Likely is next highest YPG at 20, but missing with some pretty poor YPT and catch% numbers

Chig Okonkwo is only at 19 YPG and similar catch % to Likely... However, he has a high YPT at >10. He seems to be getting deeper shots, or at least has the YAC abilities to turn big plays.

Jelani Woods just had his best game of his career. I love his upside and if he ups his YPG just a bit, he will be hitting all the #s
Thanks for doing this. Couldn’t do it last week bc I caught the Covid which knocked me out for a few days. Getting better but still a slog.

TEs are very interesting. Many close but probably 0-1 that will actually hit all the marks by years end.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:25 pm

This is looking like a very solid rookie class of WR's. There are some future stars in this group.

My top 4 of Wilson, Olave, Burks and Watson all look really good at this point. Looks like the light is on for Burks the last few games which is good to see.

Pickens is looking like the real deal in his own right. Williamson is TBD but looking forward to seeing him develop next season. I also really like Dotson's route running if he can stay on the field. I still have considerable concerns about long term but even he has flashed this season. Jury is out on Doubs and Alec Pierce for me but Indy is a hot mess.

Should be fun to track these players going forward.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:26 pm

I didn’t see the game but I heard Dulcich had a TD called back on someone else’s penalty.

Like everything else Bronco’s offense, Russell is killing any hope for production. Let’s Ride.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:07 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:26 pm I didn’t see the game but I heard Dulcich had a TD called back on someone else’s penalty.

Like everything else Bronco’s offense, Russell is killing any hope for production. Let’s Ride.
Not the play in question but just...

https://youtube.com/shorts/36JIn8DKpf8?feature=share

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:00 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:25 pm This is looking like a very solid rookie class of WR's. There are some future stars in this group.

My top 4 of Wilson, Olave, Burks and Watson all look really good at this point. Looks like the light is on for Burks the last few games which is good to see.

Pickens is looking like the real deal in his own right. Williamson is TBD but looking forward to seeing him develop next season. I also really like Dotson's route running if he can stay on the field. I still have considerable concerns about long term but even he has flashed this season. Jury is out on Doubs and Alec Pierce for me but Indy is a hot mess.

Thoughts on London? not sure if you just missed him but imo he's shown everything you want from a receiver including separation which was most peoples biggest concerned. This WR class has shown so much potential, who knows if they will kick on but I'd be very confident if I'd used this year to load up on WRs.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:33 pm

AussieMate wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:00 pm
Ice wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:25 pm This is looking like a very solid rookie class of WR's. There are some future stars in this group.

Thoughts on London? not sure if you just missed him but imo he's shown everything you want from a receiver including separation which was most peoples biggest concerned. This WR class has shown so much potential, who knows if they will kick on but I'd be very confident if I'd used this year to load up on WRs.
Yeah, I am still really high on London and Pitts, as it was not their fault that their QB was total garbage in 2022.

I did load up on many of the 2022 WR's in one of my dynasty drafts that had a startup in June 2022.
I have Burks, Jameson Williams, Pickens, Skyy Moore, Dotson, David Bell and Wan'Dale Robinson from the 22 class.
I plan to try to grab London with one of my 23 1sts after the season, hopefully my late 1st assuming that Mariota continues to play like Mariota, London's value may still be depressed. I may try to grab Wilson or Olave with a mid 23 1st too.

I will also have the 1.01, which is obviously Bijan, unless I can trade that for Ja'Marr Chase.
I wouldn't mind coming out of the 23 draft with Chase, Wilson, and London using my 3 1st round picks.
12 team league starts 3 WR's and 3 Flex slots.