Justin Fields

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Justin Fields

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:16 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:08 am Was I wrong again? Fields might just be improving ...
He improved in that he ran a lot more and passed a lot less. That may buy him some time to develop as a passer. Kind of like Josh Allen, who started off as an erratic passer, but won some games with his mobility.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:23 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:08 am Was I wrong again? Fields might just be improving ...
No, you’re not wrong. That kitchen sink dump to the RB where he pump faked the DE into the air and then threw it out sidearmed showed extremely quick and decisive thinking. That was a great play for a young QB.

Now he needs to start stringing some of these performances together. He’s not a great passer, but he’s starting to learn how to play to his strengths.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:37 am

One game out of a sample size of a full season, I'm not moving him unless he puts at least 4 together in a row like that

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:36 pm

Have to admit yesterday's the best I've seen him look and the Bears let him throw more

Wouldn't say my opinion has shifted much but he may have life yet

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:58 pm

From a real football perspective the more games they win the much less likely it becomes they replace him. Ditto for him showing signs of improvement.

And if he's a starting QB and averaging 50+ yards rushing per game then it's almost impossible for him to not be a viable fantasy asset.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:00 am

He feels like Jalen Hurts of last year to me. He’s a fantasy asset because of his rushing, but seems poor passing most of the time. And not saying he will be replaced this off-season, but he hasn’t been consistently good enough where you feel safe in him long term. As of right now, I would not be shocked either way whether the Bears kept him or moved on. Time will tell if he can improve other areas of his game as much as Hurts has. I have my doubts, but I was wrong on Hurts as well.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:02 am

frerichs5 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:00 am He feels like Jalen Hurts of last year to me. He’s a fantasy asset because of his rushing, but seems poor passing most of the time. And not saying he will be replaced this off-season, but he hasn’t been consistently good enough where you feel safe in him long term. As of right now, I would not be shocked either way whether the Bears kept him or moved on. Time will tell if he can improve other areas of his game as much as Hurts has. I have my doubts, but I was wrong on Hurts as well.
I am guessing having weapons' such as AJB/Smith/Goedert would help Fields improve like Hurts has. Not sure the Bears are smart enough to add that kind of talent though...

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:28 am

jomaed wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:02 am
frerichs5 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:00 am He feels like Jalen Hurts of last year to me. He’s a fantasy asset because of his rushing, but seems poor passing most of the time. And not saying he will be replaced this off-season, but he hasn’t been consistently good enough where you feel safe in him long term. As of right now, I would not be shocked either way whether the Bears kept him or moved on. Time will tell if he can improve other areas of his game as much as Hurts has. I have my doubts, but I was wrong on Hurts as well.
I am guessing having weapons' such as AJB/Smith/Goedert would help Fields improve like Hurts has. Not sure the Bears are smart enough to add that kind of talent though...
They are set to have soooo much money this offseason they almost won't be able to help, but add a lot of weapons for him. There isn't a lot set to be available, but I'm guessing the offseason will look something like Jacobi Meyers, 1st or 2nd round WR, late round WR, big upgrade at whatever O-Line position they think is worst for them (probably center).

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:24 pm

And if that happens there will be Y3 hype that you can sell on if you still don't believe.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:44 pm

So you're telling me there's a chance...

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:28 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:44 pm So you're telling me there's a chance...
There is most definitely a chance!

Holy smokes the most rushing yards by a QB of ALL TIME! You guys know I love that kind of QB play!

It started 3 weeks ago against the Pats - Getsy flipped the switch on a Fields scheme... and they've never looked back.

Major_Loser
Starter
Starter

Postby Major_Loser » Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:35 pm

mild wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:28 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:44 pm So you're telling me there's a chance...

Holy smokes the most rushing yards by a QB of ALL TIME! You guys know I love that kind of QB play!

It started 3 weeks ago against the Pats - Getsy flipped the switch on a Fields scheme... and they've never looked back.
Do we think he can keep this up? I got him for a 3rd a few weeks ago.
Team 1
12 team .5 PPR league
1 Qb, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE
QB: Herbert, Tannehill
RB: Josh Jacobs, Dobbins, Charbs, Ford
WR: Chase, Waddle, AJB, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Rashid Shaheed
TE: Waller, Chig, Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:09 am

Major_Loser wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:35 pm
mild wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:28 pm

Do we think he can keep this up? I got him for a 3rd a few weeks ago.
Not personally. They are maxing him out as a runner to make him an efficient passer, but we will see. Through a year and a half he was terrible, as a passer, and he's sub 200 yards passing the last 2 games. They've made a massive shift in offensive game planning, and caught teams off guard. Let's see how it goes once teams have some film of this shift, and can counter act it. If this is happening steadily, week in week out, this time next year, then lets give them all a pat on the back.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:01 am

Major_Loser wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:35 pmDo we think he can keep this up? I got him for a 3rd a few weeks ago.
It all comes down to wins and losses. Despite his phenomenal fantasy stats against Miami, his passing game was not the stuff of a long-term NFL starter. It wasn't horrible, but I don't think he's going to be a 10-yr starter if he has to rely on 120passyards+180rushyards every week. I not going to say "if you take the TDs away, Fields had a terrible passing day" because that's not representative of his entire game.

However, I will say that through eight games, Fields has surpassed 200 yards only once. I will say that 37.5% of Chicago's games this year ended without Fields throwing a TD. I will say Fields has thrown only one more TD than INTs this season, and that for his career he has thrown more INTs than TDs. And of course, his team is currently 3-5. Even with his fantastic rushing ability, the overall picture is not one of a guy who's going to keep starting if none of those non-rushing stats change.

I'd be happy to hold Fields, outside of a insanely high offer. I'd be happy to acquire him at the right price. I would not go out and make an offer as if I was acquiring a certain 10-year star QB. For all the comparisons to Hurts there are significant differences. For one, Hurts never ended a season with more INTs than TDs. Fields has done so once and it's very possible he does so again this season - in fact, until yesterday's game, Fields had more INTs than TDs for 2022. Repeat, if Fields cannot correct that, Chicago will be forced to bench him.

But man, he really looks great for fantasy in 2022!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:02 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:01 am
Major_Loser wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:35 pmDo we think he can keep this up? I got him for a 3rd a few weeks ago.
It all comes down to wins and losses. Despite his phenomenal fantasy stats against Miami, his passing game was not the stuff of a long-term NFL starter. It wasn't horrible, but I don't think he's going to be a 10-yr starter if he has to rely on 120passyards+180rushyards every week. I not going to say "if you take the TDs away, Fields had a terrible passing day" because that's not representative of his entire game.

However, I will say that through eight games, Fields has surpassed 200 yards only once. I will say that 37.5% of Chicago's games this year ended without Fields throwing a TD. I will say Fields has thrown only one more TD than INTs this season, and that for his career he has thrown more INTs than TDs. And of course, his team is currently 3-5. Even with his fantastic rushing ability, the overall picture is not one of a guy who's going to keep starting if none of those non-rushing stats change.

I'd be happy to hold Fields, outside of a insanely high offer. I'd be happy to acquire him at the right price. I would not go out and make an offer as if I was acquiring a certain 10-year star QB. For all the comparisons to Hurts there are significant differences. For one, Hurts never ended a season with more INTs than TDs. Fields has done so once and it's very possible he does so again this season - in fact, until yesterday's game, Fields had more INTs than TDs for 2022. Repeat, if Fields cannot correct that, Chicago will be forced to bench him.

But man, he really looks great for fantasy in 2022!
X2 he feels like Jalen hurts last year to me. Great for fantasy but with enough questions about his passing for me to hold off on his long term ability/stability unless this team REALLY starts investing in him