Lost Breece/Chase: Time to retool?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
epsilonindi
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Lost Breece/Chase: Time to retool?

Postby epsilonindi » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:14 pm

Season started out with promise, but my team never had a lot of depth or future draft capital (I owned no extra firsts but my own), and so losing Breece and Chase will doom me I fear, even though I'm 6-2 after this week. After losing Breece I panicked and swapped Elijah Moore for Montgomery to stay in the race, but now I've lost Chase so my title hopes look pretty dim (JT, Pickens, and Pitts have good dynasty value, but their production has been very poor, obviously).

Should I shop JT, Monty, Herb, Gabe, and maybe Pitts to get more picks and retool for next year or the year after? I've heard the concept of pivoting away from top RBs because of their innate injury risk, and I really feel I should've cashed out on both JT and Breece when I could've gotten multiple firsts for each, and then just fill in with the Foremans and Mosterts. I look around my league and see teams with four starting RBs or six starting WRs and I'm jealous of the depth and how it gives them the ability to weather a player's injury or just a bad year. It's a non-PPR league, so RBs tend to be valuable, but I put so much of my team value in JT and Breece and it all sucks now.
Team 1: 16-team dynasty, non-PPR, 20-man roster, $450 salary cap (w/o contracts) with salaries that increase 10% every year.
Starters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, DST

QB: Lamar Jackson ($23), Mac Jones ($15), Jake Browning ($10), Jameis Winston ($10)
RB: Bijan Robinson ($36), Breece Hall ($29), Zack Moss ($19), Justice Hill ($11)
WR: Ja'Marr Chase ($29), CeeDee Lamb ($32), Chris Olave ($21), Jahan Dotson ($21), Rashod Bateman ($20), Kendrick Bourne ($10)
TE: Dalton Schultz ($12), David Njoku ($30), Juwan Johnson ($11), Jonnu Smith ($10)
Taxi: QB Jake Haener, RB Chris Brooks, WR Dontayvion Wicks, WR Derius Davis, TE Brenton Strange

2022 Runner-up, 2023 Champion

2024 picks: Rd 1, Rd 2, Rd 3, Rd 5
2025 picks: Rd 1, Rd 3, Rd 5 (x2)
2026 picks: Rd 1, Rd 2, Rd 3, Rd 4, Rd 5

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Lost Breece/Chase: Time to retool?

Postby Jrblaha » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:49 pm

epsilonindi wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:14 pm Season started out with promise, but my team never had a lot of depth or future draft capital (I owned no extra firsts but my own), and so losing Breece and Chase will doom me I fear, even though I'm 6-2 after this week. After losing Breece I panicked and swapped Elijah Moore for Montgomery to stay in the race, but now I've lost Chase so my title hopes look pretty dim (JT, Pickens, and Pitts have good dynasty value, but their production has been very poor, obviously).

Should I shop JT, Monty, Herb, Gabe, and maybe Pitts to get more picks and retool for next year or the year after? I've heard the concept of pivoting away from top RBs because of their innate injury risk, and I really feel I should've cashed out on both JT and Breece when I could've gotten multiple firsts for each, and then just fill in with the Foremans and Mosterts. I look around my league and see teams with four starting RBs or six starting WRs and I'm jealous of the depth and how it gives them the ability to weather a player's injury or just a bad year. It's a non-PPR league, so RBs tend to be valuable, but I put so much of my team value in JT and Breece and it all sucks now.
If. If you sell JT, do not sell low, he’s one of the most valuable assets in that league setup and should get a kings ransom. And if you wanna rebuild Pitts is guy to get, not sell. Keep Pitts and Breece. Can you post your roster and starting requirements?
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

epsilonindi
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby epsilonindi » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:53 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:49 pm If. If you sell JT, do not sell low, he’s one of the most valuable assets in that league setup and should get a kings ransom. And if you wanna rebuild Pitts is guy to get, not sell. Keep Pitts and Breece. Can you post your roster and starting requirements?
Yes, I don't mean to get out of JT etc at any price, I'm wondering if I should be shopping them for market rate deals or just not at all.

Roster and starting reqs are in sig.
Team 1: 16-team dynasty, non-PPR, 20-man roster, $450 salary cap (w/o contracts) with salaries that increase 10% every year.
Starters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, DST

QB: Lamar Jackson ($23), Mac Jones ($15), Jake Browning ($10), Jameis Winston ($10)
RB: Bijan Robinson ($36), Breece Hall ($29), Zack Moss ($19), Justice Hill ($11)
WR: Ja'Marr Chase ($29), CeeDee Lamb ($32), Chris Olave ($21), Jahan Dotson ($21), Rashod Bateman ($20), Kendrick Bourne ($10)
TE: Dalton Schultz ($12), David Njoku ($30), Juwan Johnson ($11), Jonnu Smith ($10)
Taxi: QB Jake Haener, RB Chris Brooks, WR Dontayvion Wicks, WR Derius Davis, TE Brenton Strange

2022 Runner-up, 2023 Champion

2024 picks: Rd 1, Rd 2, Rd 3, Rd 5
2025 picks: Rd 1, Rd 3, Rd 5 (x2)
2026 picks: Rd 1, Rd 2, Rd 3, Rd 4, Rd 5

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:06 pm

Acquiring picks in 16 team is ultra risky, it’s not the same at all as in 10-12 team. I think I’d hold JT and Pitts unless you get a god father offer. The rest you talked about if you get good value sell if you want, or compete. Whatever.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:28 pm

Shopping the players you are willing to move for the right return never hurts to see what the options are but I would not force anything. I know you just traded for him, but Montgomery would be the player I would be looking to move the most. I don't think you need to blow this team up or retool. It's the worst time to move Taylor and moving good young assets for picks is always a risky strategy.