Kadarius Toney Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Kadarius Toney Thread

Postby spider321 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:07 pm

I'm about to jump ship. Someone talk me out of it. lol
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:48 pm

spider321 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:07 pm I'm about to jump ship. Someone talk me out of it. lol
Kadarious Toney, in the 22 games he has been a Giant, has played in 12 of those games.

He has one 100+ yard game in that span as a receiver.
Kadarius Toney tweaked his hamstring on Thursday. It’s the other hamstring now, Brian Daboll says. So that’s why he’s not here & out again. #Giants
I don't know what more you really need to see with this guy.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:38 am

mild wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:48 pm
spider321 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:07 pm I'm about to jump ship. Someone talk me out of it. lol
Kadarious Toney, in the 22 games he has been a Giant, has played in 12 of those games.

He has one 100+ yard game in that span as a receiver.
Kadarius Toney tweaked his hamstring on Thursday. It’s the other hamstring now, Brian Daboll says. So that’s why he’s not here & out again. #Giants
I don't know what more you really need to see with this guy.
It's that one or two games that he destroyed defenses. That sliver of hope, and first round draft capital, keeps us hanging on.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:06 am

I mean… I’d be happy to have him off my roster, but I’m not going to outright drop him yet.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:12 pm

Going to have to wait until his contract year for The Age of Kadarius to let the sun shine … then he can get some $$$ and go back to malingering around picking up paychecks. Don’t think he cares about playing all that much

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:28 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:12 pm Going to have to wait until his contract year for The Age of Kadarius to let the sun shine … then he can get some $$$ and go back to malingering around picking up paychecks. Don’t think he cares about playing all that much
That is definitely the impression I have gotten, thus far as a Giants fan.

Objectively, he's been hilarious. But it would be great if he started being more than just an internet meme.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:44 am

If people are waiting for his free agency, then it's probably time to sell low and bail.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:41 am

Toney is on the trade block per sources. Not sure it means much......

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:51 am

jomaed wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:41 am Toney is on the trade block per sources. Not sure it means much......
It means everything! He is almost certainly toast at this point, but if he is going to have any chance to do something, it will have to come with a change of scenery.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:54 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:51 am
jomaed wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:41 am Toney is on the trade block per sources. Not sure it means much......
It means everything! He is almost certainly toast at this point, but if he is going to have any chance to do something, it will have to come with a change of scenery.
Right you would think if a team trades for him, then they plan to use him. Not saying he will be good for fantasy and he's still a headcase but it's better than nothing.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:31 pm

Please quote said sources.

I don't see anything reputable anywhere yet. Just that other teams are enquiring.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:14 am

mild wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:31 pm

I don't see anything reputable anywhere yet. Just that other teams are enquiring.
And likely inquiring with very cheap offers. I can't imagine any NFL team offering more than a 6th for Toney.

But short of an unexpected growth in maturity, his only hope for fantasy relevance is to be traded. And even then, I see his peak as WR3.

In GB, Toney is not a more talented prospect than Watson, and would struggle to run more routes than the more mature Doubs. Not to mention the veterans on the roster ahead of him.

In Houston, he'd be third in line at best. Maybe Toney could get some touches in Atlanta, but no receiver (including Pitts) is fantasy relevant for Atlanta this season and it's hard to imagine Toney would either. There's nowhere I see that Toney would step in and instantly be a WR2 on an NFL team. Not even WR3 to be honest. Okay, maybe he'd be the WR3 in Chicago.

Worth a Hope hold in very deep leagues. Droppable everywhere else for me.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:20 am

I just saw on one random site that KT's fantasy trade value is WR78 ... and I'm not sure if that's too high or too low.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:24 am

Anteaters wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:14 am
mild wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:31 pm

And likely inquiring with very cheap offers. I can't imagine any NFL team offering more than a 6th for Toney.

But short of an unexpected growth in maturity, his only hope for fantasy relevance is to be traded. And even then, I see his peak as WR3.

In GB, Toney is not a more talented prospect than Watson, and would struggle to run more routes than the more mature Doubs. Not to mention the veterans on the roster ahead of him.

In Houston, he'd be third in line at best. Maybe Toney could get some touches in Atlanta, but no receiver (including Pitts) is fantasy relevant for Atlanta this season and it's hard to imagine Toney would either. There's nowhere I see that Toney would step in and instantly be a WR2 on an NFL team. Not even WR3 to be honest. Okay, maybe he'd be the WR3 in Chicago.

Worth a Hope hold in very deep leagues. Droppable everywhere else for me.
He would be the bears WR2, but WR2 in the bears offense would get him about 3 targets a game at best.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:24 am

Anteaters wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:20 am I just saw on one random site that KT's fantasy trade value is WR78 ... and I'm not sure if that's too high or too low.
Once you get past WR40 or so it's all either old vets or unproductive young players. Personal preference at that point really