Trevor Lawrence moving forward

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Trevor Lawrence moving forward

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:58 pm

What are our thoughts now? Last 2 pretty ugly….
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:13 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:58 pm What are our thoughts now? Last 2 pretty ugly….
It's a work in progress. He has just the craziest tools available to him; an incredibly gifted QB. Josh McCown broke him down in some depth just yesterday. On display: some questionable offensive design, some rare gifts, and some learning-curve mistakes.

The Jaguars have had a top 5 pick (including back-to-back 1.01's) 8 of the last 11 years in the Draft (going back to the 2012 draft). That's been their decade. You don't keep picking there because it's been going well. And you don't pick back-to-back 1.01's because you've built something good. (It's 10 of the last 11 years if you move it to a Top 10 draft pick)

My personal take on Christian Kirk in the pre-season was that he was better suited as a #2 option, but that they would attempt to use him as a #1. My big question with it was: "what happens when a defense keys on him, and really takes him away" - and that's what I think we saw the last two weeks. Even still: T-Law targeted him at a crazy rate.

And he's still making it work with guys like Zay and Marvin Jones - WR's that we know should be no better than your WR3/4 on any good team. Guys we've never seen be this good until now - I would wager, almost out of necessity. TL is making them better.

I don't know how you don't look at him as the safest young stud QB in waiting at the moment. The team will improve around him, and he's already showing growth in year 2 with a proper O scheme. I would acquire anywhere he is available (because in my leagues he is not).

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:27 am

The lying MAINSTREAM media would have you believe he's the only ray of hope for the trash 2021 QB class

In reality he sucks almost as bad as the rest of them

RheinlandChief
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RheinlandChief » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:06 pm

I always hoped, that the emerges and starts being a good QB and I have a good alternative to Mahomes (as like there is an alternative to him :D )
Last year there was bad coaching and no weapons. But what is it this year? I really start to think, the he is not the good QB, everyone thought he would be...
16-team Dynasty, 40 Roster, Half-PPR + IDP (QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R, DEF, K, IDP, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB)
QB: Mahomes
RB: Achane, Warren, Spears, McLaughlin, Brown,
WR: DJM, Jeudy, London, Pickens, Downs, Meyers, W. Robinson, Samuel, Tucker
TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Okonkwo, Otton
K: McLaughlin
DEF: Patriots, Bengals
DL: Garrett, Crosby, Hutchinson, Chase Young, J. Bosa, Tuipulotu
LB: Parsons, Bolton, Lloyd, Campbell, Byron Young
DB: Winfield, Pitre, Hufanga, Bland

Picks 2024: 1st, 2x 3rd, 2x 4th, 5th, 6th

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:49 pm

RheinlandChief wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:06 pm I always hoped, that the emerges and starts being a good QB and I have a good alternative to Mahomes (as like there is an alternative to him :D )
Last year there was bad coaching and no weapons. But what is it this year? I really start to think, the he is not the good QB, everyone thought he would be...
I still think a monster WR1 would help him immensely - think like a DK, AJB, D-hop, Drake London style go-to outside dominator guy.

He's looking at Christian Kirk and Zay Jones and Evan Engram in big moments, hoping that they'll make a play - and they just don't. Which, y'know... we did see this coming, somewhat. These are all complimentary WR's - not a true alpha in the bunch.

But for sure, T-Laws certainly not looking like the destroyer of worlds we all booked him in as in the draft when we were taking him 1.01. It's not great, but I do still think it could improve.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:08 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:27 am The lying MAINSTREAM media would have you believe he's the only ray of hope for the trash 2021 QB class

Yeah, overall this QB class looks awful, though there's still a lot of time.

Lawrence I think is still going to have a long career as a solid starter though. His numbers are up in a lot of categories this season, so there's something to keep working with. I just don't trust Jacksonville as the team that's going to unlock the potential he has as a potential all-time prospect.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:10 pm

I just keep telling my self that Josh Allen didn't look too good his first two seasons either.......doesn't seem to help much though.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:18 pm

There’s no comparison between him & Zach Wilson, 2022 Mac Jones, or Justin Fields (as a PASSER)

Lawrence’s bad games still look like a talented but raw 2nd year high-upside player.

Zach Wilson is only 1.5 years in & he’s already going 90 MPH down the Sam Darnold expressway. Mac Jones looks like a fanTABULOUS clipboard holder within the next 2 years for someone. And Fields honestly looks like the very worst thrower of the football in this league.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:26 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:18 pm There’s no comparison between him & Zach Wilson, 2022 Mac Jones, or Justin Fields (as a PASSER)

Lawrence’s bad games still look like a talented but raw 2nd year high-upside player.

Zach Wilson is only 1.5 years in & he’s already going 90 MPH down the Sam Darnold expressway. Mac Jones looks like a fanTABULOUS clipboard holder within the next 2 years for someone. And Fields honestly looks like the very worst thrower of the football in this league.
Yeah, I was lower on Trevor than most, but he's still easily the best QB from the class. I am not sure he'll ever be an elite QB, but he's better than the rest of this class.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:54 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:27 am The lying MAINSTREAM media would have you believe he's the only ray of hope for the trash 2021 QB class

Just caught up on this thread. I don't think Lawrence is trash, but he's not the elite talent he was portrayed as a prospect. He might be more teammate/coaching staff dependent than an elite player should.

Through the first year and a half, the 2021 QB class has been underperforming expectations-
Lawrence 1.1
Z Wilson 1.2
Lance 1.3
Fields 1.11
Mac Jones 1.15
Kyle Trask 2.32
Kellen Mond 3.2
Davis Mills 3.3
After round 3- Ian Book, Sam Ehlinger.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:07 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:54 amThrough the first year and a half, the 2021 QB class has been underperforming expectations-
Lawrence 1.1
Z Wilson 1.2
Lance 1.3
Fields 1.11
Mac Jones 1.15
:sick:
That is a group of 1st round picks worthy of Halloween!

I still have a little faith in TL, but it's possible this entire group is garbage. I'm almost hopeless for Zach to improve. Is it really possible none of these guys are starters by the end of 2023?
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:16 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:26 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:18 pm There’s no comparison between him & Zach Wilson, 2022 Mac Jones, or Justin Fields (as a PASSER)

Yeah, I was lower on Trevor than most, but he's still easily the best QB from the class. I am not sure he'll ever be an elite QB, but he's better than the rest of this class.
I think with Trevor's career so far, you're going to be right in saying he didn't have that high of a ceiling. He was always viewed as a safe floor and should be a starter for many years to come for whatever that is worth.

Piling on with everyone else, there's just no contest with the rest of this hyped QB class. Trevor is still the best. The rest, which includes Mills and I guess now Sam Ehlinger, are fighting for a distant 2nd.

The fact that I can even put those non-1st round QB in the same conversation tells you everything

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:31 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:16 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:26 pm

I think with Trevor's career so far, you're going to be right in saying he didn't have that high of a ceiling. He was always viewed as a safe floor and should be a starter for many years to come for whatever that is worth.

Piling on with everyone else, there's just no contest with the rest of this hyped QB class. Trevor is still the best. The rest, which includes Mills and I guess now Sam Ehlinger, are fighting for a distant 2nd.

The fact that I can even put those non-1st round QB in the same conversation tells you everything
Still sticking to my belief that Lawrence is closer to the other bums than to actually good QBs

His stat line yesterday against the Broncos was even worse (4.3 YPA? 1 TD-2 INT? WTF) than Zach Wilson's against the same Broncos

He just gets babied because someone called him generational in high school. He's not at risk of losing his job only because Jacksonville has nothing else going for it as a franchise and always sticks to bad longer than they should (think Gus Bradley)

I'd sell the second he gets a WR this offseason off the hype

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:40 pm

I'll give an even hotter take

At the moment if I had Trevor and could sell for Justin Fields + something nice on top I'd do it

Not because I think Fields is good--I think he sucks just not that much worse than Lawrence

But if Fields somehow learns how to pass like Hurts and Allen did (maybe after getting a WR this offseason like they did) his ceiling is astronomical--like QB1 overall type

Lawrence learning to pass is more likely than Fields but makes him what? Matt Stafford without Megatron or Kupp?

Pass

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:25 pm

Whats Lawrence worth these days?