Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shagmyster90
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Shagmyster90 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:12 pm

Ironic nobody wants to talk about how well CEH has been performing this year. Seems to me most people don’t want to mention him because they got burned by him the last 2 years instead of allowing the kid to develop into his NFL body. Anyways great to see him bounce back after all the naysayers and Pacheco ride or dies wrote him off

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:15 pm

He’s been talked about a fair bit in the weekly threads. Andy Reid’s reverted to his old offense with Tyreek gone and CEH is the primary beneficiary.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Shagmyster90
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Shagmyster90 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:21 pm

Gotta love it

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:38 pm

Shagmyster90 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:21 pm Gotta love it
If that ball hadn't eaten him up on that 4th and 1 pass play, he would have had a monster game last night.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Shagmyster90
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Shagmyster90 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:50 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:38 pm
Shagmyster90 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:21 pm Gotta love it
If that ball hadn't eaten him up on that 4th and 1 pass play, he would have had a monster game last night.

Agreed, I think he’s just scratching the surface too.. his vision is beyond better than it’s looked the last 2 years and he’s not getting laid out anymore.

Like the gentleman said above, Clyde might be the biggest beneficiary from Hill’s departure

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:35 pm

Credit where it's due. He's playing extremely well and they're finally utilizing him in the passing game as he was advertised out of college.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:49 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:08 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:47 am He's like Josh Jacobs. No one will pay your asking price, he doesn't excite you but he's a decent source of RB points.
decent analogy/comp. Only difference to me is Jacobs owners have accepted he's a RB2 and CEH owners still expect more.......
Well, CEH is currently RB4 on the 2022 season. What more could fantasy managers hope for?

I agree with the Jacobs analogy. No one seems excited to pursue either, but they steadily produce quality points.

It's revealing to watch the RBs (or WRs) from any given draft cycle from highly-wanted to barely-wanted to meh to disappointing to respected and on and on. This season CEH is the best performing 2020 RB draft pick, both in total points and ppg, and there's no logical reason to expect his production to decline significantly for this season and maybe next year too. But some fantasy minds are stubborn and still regard CEH lowly, while maintaining higher grades on JKD, Swift, and even Akers. That whole being-drafted-by-Reid's-Chiefs thing actually seems to matter now.

It's amazing that CEH has finished every healthy season better or similar to as a fantasy performer/scorer to Swift and JKD, yet seems to be less regarded than either. In 2020, CEH was RB22, JKD was RB24 and Swift was RB18. In 2021, CEH and JKD were both injured for a lot of the season. Now in 2022, CEH is RB4, JKD is averaging 25% ppg less with only 2 games played, and Swift is averaging 5% fewer ppg.

So that's one year where all three were basically even, one year where all missed games but Swift performed better per game, and this current season where CEH is so far significantly better than both and better than even Taylor. Yet the doubt is strong.

Patience is the name of the game. And buying these kind of high-end performances cheap is the way to win.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, CWilliams
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JFord, Corum, JWright
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Q Johnston, DeDouglas, MCorley
TE: Goedert, Okongwo
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, DLloyd; (DE/DL) Sieler; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, Singletary, AJD, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, VJefferson, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:30 pm

The lack of high volume RBs, and RBs that don't have major red flags helps up keep CEH's value high right now. The overall RB situation might stay this way for the foreseeable future.

Add others have said, I'm happy I didn't sell low right now. I hope he stays healthy!
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:00 pm

He really just isn't that good (in real life)

You can say why he isn't being talked about or why no one is buying him as an RB1 but really it's just that he isn't that talented

Thankfully the Raiders bailed out his inability to get 2 yards last night but Mckinnon and Pacheco honestly look like more explosive runners to me

Combine that with dropping snap counts and I think the sell window is closing

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:25 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:00 pm He really just isn't that good (in real life)

You can say why he isn't being talked about or why no one is buying him as an RB1 but really it's just that he isn't that talented

Thankfully the Raiders bailed out his inability to get 2 yards last night but Mckinnon and Pacheco honestly look like more explosive runners to me

Combine that with dropping snap counts and I think the sell window is closing
Agreed, I was able to get out for Hollywood Brown. Love the guy, and I do think he is pretty talented but he isn't being used to his strengths at all.

The guy is damn near impossible to tackle 1 on 1, he is really shifty and that helps him navigate the los well Imo. But in beating the first guy he is almost always wrapped up by the second unless there is enough space for him to reset.

He needs to be used as a receiver out of the backfield more for his strengths to shine, but for whatever reason he is being used how you would expect JT to be used.

Frustrating and annoying, but thems be the breaks. This could have been a great draft pick but it has played out to be a waste.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:24 pm

Can't imagine anyone that knows fantasy selling M. Brown for CEH. I like both players but Brown is stud WR averaging over 10 targets per week.
Nice deal.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

willistylz1979
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby willistylz1979 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:16 pm

Thread quiet for obvious reasons but where does he go from here? It seems even before he injury he was being fazed out and relegated to the bench. What do you guys think happened? He actually looked pretty good earlier in the season and was scoring TD’s and getting some love in the passing game. Yes I’m an owner but it’s just strange how things have turned out before the injury. Is he done in KC, do they cut him after the season? Does he end up stuck playing back up behind whoever they draft/sign next season? Is this the end of CEH or does he end up somewhere else next season? I still believe if was on a different team things would be different. Maybe I’m just reaching for anything since I wasted 1.01 on him. I was convinced by the experts to take him over JT and still salty about it 🤬
12 Team MFL Classic League PPR
1-QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1-3 TE, Flex RB/WR/TE
QB- Stafford, Bryce
RB- Swift, Pierce, Hunt, CEH
WR- A.J Brown, Diggs, Godwin, Flowers, Pickens, Mims, Beckham, Demario Douglas, Shakir, Wicks
TE- Freiermuth, Kmet, Mayer
Picks - 1.04 2.04 3.04

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB: Herbert, Tua
RB: Barkley, Dillon, Achane, Akers, D.Harris
WR: Godwin, Jefferson, DeVonta, C.Watson, Ridley, Jamo, Sutton, E.Moore, M.Williams, Gabe D
TE: Kelce, Mayer
Own all my 24-25 Picks

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB- Love, DJ
RB- Jacobs, J.Cook, Tank, Mattison
WR- Chase, Evans, Pittman, Bateman, Cooper, MT, Mike Williams, T.Burks, Skyy, G. Pickens, M.Wilson
TE- Laporta, Njoku
Own all my 24-25 Picks

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:28 pm

willistylz1979 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:16 pm Thread quiet for obvious reasons but where does he go from here? It seems even before he injury he was being fazed out and relegated to the bench. What do you guys think happened? He actually looked pretty good earlier in the season and was scoring TD’s and getting some love in the passing game. Yes I’m an owner but it’s just strange how things have turned out before the injury. Is he done in KC, do they cut him after the season? Does he end up stuck playing back up behind whoever they draft/sign next season? Is this the end of CEH or does he end up somewhere else next season? I still believe if was on a different team things would be different. Maybe I’m just reaching for anything since I wasted 1.01 on him. I was convinced by the experts to take him over JT and still salty about it 🤬
I think what you're holding, in reality... is Nyheim Hines Vol. 2.

- Hasn't really shown a lot running through the line.
- Is, in theory, really good catching the ball.
- Could do serviceably well when given a full starter's workload on a good team (and we've sometimes seen that in KC)
- Would be out-played by any real long-term RB with juice/talent, and perhaps lesser talents too

My condolences on taking him over JT.

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:48 pm

Shagmyster90 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:12 pm Ironic nobody wants to talk about how well CEH has been performing this year. Seems to me most people don’t want to mention him because they got burned by him the last 2 years instead of allowing the kid to develop into his NFL body. Anyways great to see him bounce back after all the naysayers and Pacheco ride or dies wrote him off
Life comes at you fast.

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:20 pm

haha love how this thread comes back. It was on fire early with his TD production, then when silent. Not back to this. Couldn't believe people were taking him over JT.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Murray (Geno/Howell)
Taylor/Swift (Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears, Brown)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman, Wicks)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones