Ceedee Lamb - Ranking/Price Check

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Re: Ceedee Lamb - Ranking/Price Check

Postby dustyroads » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:33 am

Pew Dogs wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:27 am What is KTC?
https://keeptradecut.com/trade-calculator

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:35 am

Per Reception Perception in 2021:

Lamb was tied 5th best in success beating double coverage.

14th for beating press coverage. One spot ahead of Cooper Kupp.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:05 am

KeepTradeCut. Its a ranking website used by the masses. The most over reactionary dynasty rankings known to man. but useful for getting a pulse on how some people feel about players.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:37 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:05 am
KeepTradeCut. Its a ranking website used by the masses. The most over reactionary dynasty rankings known to man. but useful for getting a pulse on how some people feel about players.
Yup still required some parsing to get useful information. But it's the only one I know of with "real time" updates

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:36 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:59 pm
I have seen enough to know that Lamb is not a true Alpha.
Lamb is a Beat, who will actually perform better with a true WR1 on his team to draw away coverage.
Lamb has not shown the ability to beat press coverage or handle double coverage like Alpha WR1's are expected to do.

Week 1 game, with Dak playing, Lamb caught 2 of 11 targets.
6 targets were knocked away by defenders because Lamb could not create any separation for double teams.
Lamb was, and remains a solid WR2, but many think he can be better than that, they are wrong.
With Gallup and Cooper, Lamb saw more single coverage, which he is able to win in single coverage.

Javonte will improve if Russ can ever become the QB he used to be, and open up the offense.
As long as teams don't respect Wilson, and load the boxes, Javonte will struggle.
FWIW, Lamb had an 80% success rate against press coverage as a rookie. So, I don't think you can say he hasn't shown that ability. I do not think that Lamb having bad target quality in Week 1 had much to do with double coverage, when the Cowboys offensive line was consistently getting killed by Tampa.
The one thing that Javonte and Lamb have in common is that they are both over-rated.
So, I don't get what you solved with the deal. You traded a productive player who's overvalued for a player who hasn't been as productive, but is also overvalued.

I'd be more concerned about RBs who aren't living up to expectations than WRs who aren't living up to expectations. RBs get replaced a hell of a lot faster.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:51 pm

Ceedee Lamb about to go up to WR2 on KTC, cause thats what we do now days.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:21 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:51 pm Ceedee Lamb about to go up to WR2 on KTC, cause thats what we do now days.
Excellent. Another golden goose opportunity to trade high to the plebes.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:35 am

Over the weekend Lamb jumped 20 spots in fantasy, from WR44 to WR23. I have no doubts that he'll be a T12WR by week 6, and probably still climbing.

Buy him while you can. You'll have no one to blame but yourself, when you're drinking your regrets later.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 am

I don't think many of his owners are selling or did sell him after 2 weeks just because people were down on him as the WR3

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:10 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 am I don't think many of his owners are selling or did sell him after 2 weeks just because people were down on him as the WR3
Agreed. I wasn't looking to sell. And in the leagues where I don't own him and wanted to add him, I couldn't get him.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:43 am

I offered DJM and Devonta Smith last week and was rejected. Owners still holding pretty tight, although DJM has lost some shine this season as well.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:29 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:48 am I don't think many of his owners are selling or did sell him after 2 weeks just because people were down on him as the WR3
Agree, I own him all over the place and not even thinking about selling. He does drop a few easy ones but he destroys press coverage and is open a ton. Brown's development is obvious and when Gallup comes back along with a very good run blocking line, Lamb will even be more difficult to cover.

I know it's fun to talk about panic selling after a few bad games but in dynasty, panic selling is disastrous more often than not IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:38 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:36 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:59 pm
I have seen enough to know that Lamb is not a true Alpha.
Lamb is a Beat, who will actually perform better with a true WR1 on his team to draw away coverage.
Lamb has not shown the ability to beat press coverage or handle double coverage like Alpha WR1's are expected to do.

Week 1 game, with Dak playing, Lamb caught 2 of 11 targets.
6 targets were knocked away by defenders because Lamb could not create any separation for double teams.
Lamb was, and remains a solid WR2, but many think he can be better than that, they are wrong.
With Gallup and Cooper, Lamb saw more single coverage, which he is able to win in single coverage.

Javonte will improve if Russ can ever become the QB he used to be, and open up the offense.
As long as teams don't respect Wilson, and load the boxes, Javonte will struggle.
FWIW, Lamb had an 80% success rate against press coverage as a rookie. So, I don't think you can say he hasn't shown that ability. I do not think that Lamb having bad target quality in Week 1 had much to do with double coverage, when the Cowboys offensive line was consistently getting killed by Tampa.
The one thing that Javonte and Lamb have in common is that they are both over-rated.
So, I don't get what you solved with the deal. You traded a productive player who's overvalued for a player who hasn't been as productive, but is also overvalued.

I'd be more concerned about RBs who aren't living up to expectations than WRs who aren't living up to expectations. RBs get replaced a hell of a lot faster.
Pretty sure that Lamb was not the Cowboys WR1 his rookie season.
Lamb is a better WR when he has another WR draw away the top coverage.

Lamb proved to be a productive, low end WR2 the past 2 seasons, but he has not shown the ability to be a WR1, and I doubt he will, at least not on a steady basis. He may have a couple of WR1 weeks here and there, but overall I see his ceiling as a high end WR2.
I think in the future, Javonte Williams has a better chance of being a RB1 than Lamb has of being a WR1.

You obviously love Lamb and hate Javonte, so there is no sense arguing that.

I am curious as to if you ever played in a 20 team league, as RB's are MUCH harder to come by than WR's.

Michael Carter was my RB2 in that league, and you have to admit that Javonte Williams is better than Michael Carter.
I have other good WR's like Pittman, Higgins, DJM, Christian Kirk, and Rondale Moore, certainly well above average in a 20 team league, and now I have the leagues top RB combo with Jonathan Taylor and Javonte Williams.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:57 pm

holding
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:14 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:05 am
Ok thanks. I just checked it out.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium