Cam Akers Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Cam Akers Official Thread

Postby CGW » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:50 am

willistylz1979 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:02 am I’ve been a big Akers truther going back to his rookie year. I was excited to see him come back last season to be the lead guy in the playoffs. I’m very nervous about his chances of being a RB1 as a Ram or somewhere else. I believe the Rams use a high pick on RB next year. I’m just hoping for a few games of decent production so I can move him. Problem is everyone is not blind to what’s happening. There’s just to much data/forums/information available to really take advantage of even 3 or 4 games of solid production. JRob looks good and Akers is still struggling that says a lot. Oh well, just have to wait for the inevitable injury to Henderson.
I wouldn't worry too much about the Rams using a high pick on an RB next draft. They've taken care of that decision by trading away their 1st and 4th. They do still have a 2nd and 3rd, but they have significant need outside of RB to address.

willistylz1979
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby willistylz1979 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:53 am

CGW wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:50 am
willistylz1979 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:02 am I’ve been a big Akers truther going back to his rookie year. I was excited to see him come back last season to be the lead guy in the playoffs. I’m very nervous about his chances of being a RB1 as a Ram or somewhere else. I believe the Rams use a high pick on RB next year. I’m just hoping for a few games of decent production so I can move him. Problem is everyone is not blind to what’s happening. There’s just to much data/forums/information available to really take advantage of even 3 or 4 games of solid production. JRob looks good and Akers is still struggling that says a lot. Oh well, just have to wait for the inevitable injury to Henderson.
I wouldn't worry too much about the Rams using a high pick on an RB next draft. They've taken care of that decision by trading away their 1st and 4th. They do still have a 2nd and 3rd, but they have significant need outside of RB to address.
This is true, and yes they do have significant needs compared to RB. Still it would be great to see a full workload without Hendo stealing carries. Though I guess reaching for any positive, Akers did look a bit more spry this week.
12 Team MFL Classic League PPR
1-QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1-3 TE, Flex RB/WR/TE
QB- Stafford, Bryce
RB- Swift, Pierce, Hunt, CEH
WR- A.J Brown, Diggs, Godwin, Flowers, Pickens, Mims, Beckham, Demario Douglas, Shakir, Wicks
TE- Freiermuth, Kmet, Mayer
Picks - 1.04 2.04 3.04

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB: Herbert, Tua
RB: Barkley, Dillon, Achane, Akers, D.Harris
WR: Godwin, Jefferson, DeVonta, C.Watson, Ridley, Jamo, Sutton, E.Moore, M.Williams, Gabe D
TE: Kelce, Mayer
Own all my 24-25 Picks

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB- Love, DJ
RB- Jacobs, J.Cook, Tank, Mattison
WR- Chase, Evans, Pittman, Bateman, Cooper, MT, Mike Williams, T.Burks, Skyy, G. Pickens, M.Wilson
TE- Laporta, Njoku
Own all my 24-25 Picks

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:29 pm

I swear I’m not searching for Akers copium but I saw this on my timeline

https://twitter.com/lorddontlose/status ... nde2qVvo4g

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:09 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:29 pm I swear I’m not searching for Akers copium but I saw this on my timeline

On the other hand he's acting like being the rb2 in snap count and rocking a 10 for 42 is great.

Jrob is the light and the end of the injury tunnel not akers

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:47 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:29 pm I swear I’m not searching for Akers copium but I saw this on my timeline

I gotta say that I don’t generally like analysis like this. The 4.0 ypc expectation includes the fact that a running back is going to get blown up behind the line a time or two in a game. No one goes through and points out when a rushing attempt is so well blocked that your or I could’ve run through the hole for a five yard gain, so this doesn’t hold a lot of water for me.

That said, I do like a lot of what Akers is doing on these blown up plays. I can’t say as his burst is where I remember it, but he isn’t really in a position to use it on most of these. He does show some great shiftiness and power in dodging a couple of those tackles which wasn’t really on display in the opener, so that’s a plus.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:21 pm

It was good to see Akers stretch those legs a bit in this game. He finally got some room to move.

In his scoring drive he rushed for 53 yards on 6 carries and scored a td through some cards defenders.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:22 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:21 pm It was good to see Akers stretch those legs a bit in this game. He finally got some room to move.

In his scoring drive he rushed for 53 yards on 6 carries and scored a td through some cards defenders.
The downside of course, is he's still not catching passes, and another GL fumble will cost him opportunities. This backfield has little upside for FF. I wouldn't feel confident starting anyone outside of Kupp in this entire offense, TBH. I suppose Higbee is a decent TE stream, too.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:06 am

Akers is still rough around the edges, and that will probably keep him from taking over this backfield and being a consistent fantasy starter. But we should be able to put the Achilles RB myth to bed now. He looks as explosive as he ever did, as does James Robinson, as does Justice Hill, as does Mo Ibrahim at Minnesota.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:17 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:06 am Akers is still rough around the edges, and that will probably keep him from taking over this backfield and being a consistent fantasy starter. But we should be able to put the Achilles RB myth to bed now. He looks as explosive as he ever did, as does James Robinson, as does Justice Hill, as does Mo Ibrahim at Minnesota.
There is no myth involved in this. It has been a stone cold fact that Achilles injuries ruined RB careers. Just as ACL injuries used to ruin careers. If it happens that medical science has improved enough in the past 12 months to make an Achilles injury something that can be overcome, that is great. But it's just plain wrong to call it "the Achilles myth." Just like it would be wrong to say "the Polio myth".
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:12 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:17 pm
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:06 am Akers is still rough around the edges, and that will probably keep him from taking over this backfield and being a consistent fantasy starter. But we should be able to put the Achilles RB myth to bed now. He looks as explosive as he ever did, as does James Robinson, as does Justice Hill, as does Mo Ibrahim at Minnesota.
There is no myth involved in this. It has been a stone cold fact that Achilles injuries ruined RB careers. Just as ACL injuries used to ruin careers. If it happens that medical science has improved enough in the past 12 months to make an Achilles injury something that can be overcome, that is great. But it's just plain wrong to call it "the Achilles myth." Just like it would be wrong to say "the Polio myth".
The data set sucked and should never have been used to predict anything. It being concrete predictive data was definitely a myth propagated by people who need to take a statistics class, IMHO
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:40 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:12 pm The data set sucked and should never have been used to predict anything. It being concrete predictive data was definitely a myth propagated by people who need to take a statistics class, IMHO
Amen.

Anyone who's taken a stats class should know a data set with a sample size of 11, with wildly varying degrees of similarity, should not be used to predict anything with much certainty.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:47 pm

I propose we mark the word "achilles" as profanity going forward and bleep it out in all future posts. I myself would gladly never read another post about the topic.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:32 pm

Sriracha wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:40 pm
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:12 pm The data set sucked and should never have been used to predict anything. It being concrete predictive data was definitely a myth propagated by people who need to take a statistics class, IMHO
Amen.

Anyone who's taken a stats class should know a data set with a sample size of 11, with wildly varying degrees of similarity, should not be used to predict anything with much certainty.
And leshoure was cut because he got arrested multiple times in the offseason not because of an Achilles. The sample size with most anything in the nfl is extremely small and random. Most players wash out after just a few years anyway, achilles or no achilles.
Last edited by Dynasty DeLorean on Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:39 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:17 pm
Yeah, I mean there were doctors saying it's really bad for certain positions, it's not really a myth. Saying Akers looks just as explosive is also highly subjective.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:36 am

Is he worth two 3rds yet?