Is A Cooper a potential WR1 this season?!?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Is A Cooper a potential WR1 this season?!?

Postby Gazzerk » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:29 am

Is it possible Coop could back his way into a WR1 season? He has always been good but seemed to never hold the market value he should. He is being force fed and taking advantage of most of it. He had 2 mental mistakes last night that kept him from going another 40-50 yards. Does he get even better when Watson comes back? I am trying to sort out if I should be looking for a sell high opportunity or using him for a title push. I have plenty of draft capital and want to make an attempt to win this season but need a lot to go right. Ride Coop or try and sell high? I’m sure the potential returns would dictate the responses here so what would you be happy with in return?
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes
RB - Bijan, Swift, Najee, Dobbins, Gibson, Chase Brown, Abanikanda, Sean Tucker, Zach Evans
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, JSN, J. Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Hutchinson
TE - Andrews, T. McBride, Schoonmaker
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2024 2 1sts, 2 3rds
2025 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd

ZakHH
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Is A Cooper a potential WR1 this season?!?

Postby ZakHH » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:38 am

What we know:
He had 2 strong weeks in a row now.
He was a bust in week 1.
He will have Deshaun Watson throwing him the ball come week 12.

What we don't know:
What all this means for his ROS production.

In Dallas, he had good weeks, too. Sometimes even 2 in a row. Only to then vanish entirely the next game. Also sometimes 2 weeks in a row.

It looks like he will get more regular targets in Cleveland. I'm holding on to him right now, hoping that he will retain his production. As soon as a contending team loses their WR1 to an injury, I will try to sell him for a late 2023 1st, though.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:43 am

Cooper has always been up and down. Sometimes he looked like an elite top end WR and than he goes silent for a couple weeks in a row. This comes down to return for me. If the move high window in your league right now means a top 5 WR type of return, then yes, move him. If the return is average, hold and hope.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:48 am

Steelers played him all wrong. Press him, get physical, throw him off his spots and he crumbles.

No, he won't be a WR1 but he'll have some WR1 weeks.

Spongehack
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Spongehack » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:55 am

If people didn't watch the game week 1 Cooper was pass interfered with in the end zone and another time on a long pass. Doesn't show up in the boxscore, but would have had a respectable game otherwise.
12 Team (2014 Champ, 2016 2nd, 2021 Champ) 1.0 PPR, 1.5 TE, Superflex, Start 9, 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-3 TE

QB - J. Hurts, M. Stafford, K. Cousins
RB - S. Barkley, D. Cook, E. Elliot, T. Pollard, A. Mattison
WR - D. Adams, DK Metcalf, A. Cooper, C. Ridley, R. Anderson, C. Davis, J. Jones
TE - M. Andrews, G. Kittle, M. Cox

tsarpepe
MVP
MVP

Postby tsarpepe » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:37 am

Always been a super-talented guy, and will command the lions share of targets in the Browns' offense. Last night Jacobi didn't even look at DPJ, Schwarts, and Bell, like they didn't exist. If he stays healthy, he probably cracks the top-12 at WR.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:07 am

I'll bet the hard no unless we expect him to maintain a 45-50% production share in this offense which has never happened in the modern nfl

Highly highly volatile wr2 is more likely

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:25 am

I think he landed in a great spot to inflate his value. I doubt you are going to get a return that makes sense though. He has too long of a record of meh production
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

ZakHH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ZakHH » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:54 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:25 am I doubt you are going to get a return that makes sense though. He has too long of a record of meh production
That's why I would wait. The trade tide could turn if he is still in the WR #10-15 range mid-season, and a contending fantasy team loses their WR1 to injury. The current production, paired with the story of Deshaun's forthcoming return, should help increasing Cooper's trade value.