CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: 2022 Week 2

Postby CGW » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:47 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:36 am
jcc6fd wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:36 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:40 am

It really could've gone either way. I knew that KC INT was going to be overturned to keep it a manageable game, but was definitely a catch. Then Samuel Jr almost had the pick 6 in the end zone like you mentioned. That also may have iced the game a bit. A few other tipped passes as well but Mahomes sneaks away with this one
Lol he secured it with the ground clearly. Guess KC is now getting the NE treatment by all other NFL fan bases. We haven’t even won that much
Lol relax, Im not out to get the Chiefs :lol:

The thing is, I agree that the ground shouldn't help a player catch the ball (in which this wouldnt be a clear catch, but I also didn't think they had enough to overturn). But the refs were calling that same play a catch in recent past. So I must just not know what the rules are nowadays on what a catch is.

Maybe I just assumed (the worst) it was an INT as a Mahomes owner. Idk
We will never know what a catch is I'm afraid.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:47 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:40 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:30 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:36 am Mahomes had quite a few passes that should have been picked tonight, including one that could have been a pick six. Horseshoes. On the other side, Herbert threw a back breaking pick 6. Some miscommunication on it, but he probably should have thrown that ball away over the head of Everrett the play was shot, nothing was there. Good game, both teams look very good. They always seem to play each other tight and it comes right down to the end, recently. Last 3 times, at least.
Eh, that’s a pretty standard play for a big receiver to just stand there and box out the defender. I’ve seen many touchdowns come from that play. Problem is evertt moved when Herbert thought he’d just stay there.
Disagree, he side armed it around a defender, and he wasn't in the end zone, open or set. Point is, it was a risky throw, and it back fired. That's on Herbert. Sometimes aggressiveness trying to make a play can backfire on a QB, no matter how talented. It did here. It did a few times with Mahomes too, but he got bailed out by DB drops.
Not totally convinced where the blame lies. But one thing I did think was interesting was after the previous play, Everett was gassed and was waving to the sideline to come out. He request was not honored, then on the very next play the INT happened. It's possible his effort on that one wasn't 100%.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:18 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:47 am

Eh, that’s a pretty standard play for a big receiver to just stand there and box out the defender. I’ve seen many touchdowns come from that play. Problem is evertt moved when Herbert thought he’d just stay there.
Disagree, he side armed it around a defender, and he wasn't in the end zone, open or set. Point is, it was a risky throw, and it back fired. That's on Herbert. Sometimes aggressiveness trying to make a play can backfire on a QB, no matter how talented. It did here. It did a few times with Mahomes too, but he got bailed out by DB drops.
Not totally convinced where the blame lies. But one thing I did think was interesting was after the previous play, Everett was gassed and was waving to the sideline to come out. He request was not honored, then on the very next play the INT happened. It's possible his effort on that one wasn't 100%.
I've watched the play a bunch of times, different angles. It's on Herbert, you throw to a player who's not open, and hasn't finished his route, it's on the QB. That stuff happens, where there are miscommunications in zone, and a QB will expect a guy to sit, and he doesn't, but usually the guy is open, and that can be on the receiver, but a guy that's blanketed at the time you decide to throw it with a less than ideal arm angle to try and fit it around a guy, that's on the QB. Herbert is a great young player, but he's not infallible. He made a mistake that cost them, he'll bounce back.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:27 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:36 am Mahomes had quite a few passes that should have been picked tonight, including one that could have been a pick six. Horseshoes. On the other side, Herbert threw a back breaking pick 6. Some miscommunication on it, but he probably should have thrown that ball away over the head of Everrett the play was shot, nothing was there. Good game, both teams look very good. They always seem to play each other tight and it comes right down to the end, recently. Last 3 times, at least.
Spot on. They were even highlighting after the play that Everett was gassed before that play and was supposed to come for the field but waved them off and stayed out there. It costed his team because he showed almost no effort in preventing that pick 6. Great play by the DB but he has to do a better job of trying to at least break up a turnover. He’s got a ton of physical talent but his mental mistakes and attitude cost his teams constantly. He didn’t even try to tackle the DB after the pick. He just looked around on the ground to pick up his mouth piece and slowly walked away. Herbert got tricked by that slick DB move to the outside then quickly to the inside but still shouldn’t have thrown that ball.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes
RB - Bijan, Swift, Najee, Dobbins, Gibson, Chase Brown, Abanikanda, Sean Tucker, Zach Evans
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, JSN, J. Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Hutchinson
TE - Andrews, T. McBride, Schoonmaker
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2024 2 1sts, 2 3rds
2025 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:41 am

This is interesting. I was under the impression that he waved off the sideline as to say he was fine and wanted to stay in. I was assuming he was being selfish with how close they were to the end zone as he has done this sort of thing in the past. Maybe I was wrong. I want to go back and rewatch now lol
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes
RB - Bijan, Swift, Najee, Dobbins, Gibson, Chase Brown, Abanikanda, Sean Tucker, Zach Evans
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, JSN, J. Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Hutchinson
TE - Andrews, T. McBride, Schoonmaker
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2024 2 1sts, 2 3rds
2025 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:48 am

Gazzerk wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:41 am

This is interesting. I was under the impression that he waved off the sideline as to say he was fine and wanted to stay in. I was assuming he was being selfish with how close they were to the end zone as he has done this sort of thing in the past. Maybe I was wrong. I want to go back and rewatch now lol
Naw, he wanted out. He had just made that big play, but they were in hurry up, so no substitutions.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:02 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:48 am

Naw, he wanted out. He had just made that big play, but they were in hurry up, so no substitutions.
100%

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:38 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:02 pm
ericanadian wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:48 am

100%
That’s how I read it also - tried to come out, but hurry-up prevented it.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

zacharyringer12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zacharyringer12 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:34 pm

I'm thinking about starting Greg Dortch over Breece Hall, Rashaad Penny, Tyler Lockett, and Melvin Gordon, someone talk me off the ledge.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:03 pm

Needalife wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:38 pm Chargers are my Super Bowl winner pick. Love what they did on defense this year. Not a lot of people are talking about them but I think they’re loaded. Somewhat bold I guess but I’m really intrigued to see what they do.
I guess it wasn't surprising to see them lose a close game even though they looked like the better team, again.

It's what they do so well.

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:10 pm

zacharyringer12 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:34 pm I'm thinking about starting Greg Dortch over Breece Hall, Rashaad Penny, Tyler Lockett, and Melvin Gordon, someone talk me off the ledge.
Jump!
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:20 am

Pew Dogs wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:10 pm
zacharyringer12 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:34 pm I'm thinking about starting Greg Dortch over Breece Hall, Rashaad Penny, Tyler Lockett, and Melvin Gordon, someone talk me off the ledge.
Jump!

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:07 am

I picked up Dortch this week. But I wouldn’t start him over any of those names. Not yet. I had him on my roster as a rookie for a bit but ended up dropping him. Pretty sure he has a nice profile but can’t remember now. I’m not invested enough to go back and look. Just had a dead roster spot and picked him up. Heh.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:19 am

Actually seems like a decent matchup for Dortch and he's going to play a lot.

But, I'd be careful of chasing Week 1's points.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:23 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:19 am
Actually seems like a decent matchup for Dortch and he's going to play a lot.

But, I'd be careful of chasing Week 1's points.
If he gets Hobbs covering him it won't be. I think they will play Hobbs on Hollywood, but that kid is turning into one hell of a corner, was the slot CB last year, but moving all over the place now, and playing outside as a starter.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick