Kadarius Toney Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Kadarius Toney Thread

Postby mild » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:59 pm

spider321 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:18 am The “intelligent and reasonable” HC was extremely fortunate to win last night’s game, despite his 2nd best offensive weapon touching the ball twice. We’ll see how “intelligent and reasonable” he is when he starts losing football games as the result of his ingenious scheme.
Lol ok, you clearly know what you're talking about and follow the Giants closely. :roll:
Here's the beat writer saying the same thing:
I'm taking Daboll at his word right now that it's not at all injury related (and he looked fully healthy to me). That leads me to believe that it's playbook related and it's on Toney's plate now to get himself prepared for a bigger role that they can trust him in.
And just so we can have fun twisting the knife, here's Dwain on his route participation:
Kadarius Toney couldn't get on the field even after a Wan'Dale Robinson injury.

12% snaps 😭
10% route participation ☠️

He is likely the second-best player on this offense behind Barkley, but he must remain on fantasy benches until he wins the coaches over.

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:21 pm

mild wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:59 pm
spider321 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:18 am The “intelligent and reasonable” HC was extremely fortunate to win last night’s game, despite his 2nd best offensive weapon touching the ball twice. We’ll see how “intelligent and reasonable” he is when he starts losing football games as the result of his ingenious scheme.
Lol ok, you clearly know what you're talking about and follow the Giants closely. :roll:
Here's the beat writer saying the same thing:
I'm taking Daboll at his word right now that it's not at all injury related (and he looked fully healthy to me). That leads me to believe that it's playbook related and it's on Toney's plate now to get himself prepared for a bigger role that they can trust him in.
And just so we can have fun twisting the knife, here's Dwain on his route participation:
Kadarius Toney couldn't get on the field even after a Wan'Dale Robinson injury.

12% snaps 😭
10% route participation ☠️

He is likely the second-best player on this offense behind Barkley, but he must remain on fantasy benches until he wins the coaches over.
I appreciate you “twisting the knife” by posting the beat writer agreeing with me that Toney is the team’s second best offensive weapon. Feel free to prove me wrong by quoting the “experts” saying exactly what I said from now on. 😂👍
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:32 pm

spider321 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:21 pm I appreciate you “twisting the knife” by posting the beat writer agreeing with me that Toney is the team’s second best offensive weapon. Feel free to hurt my feelings by quoting the “experts” saying exactly what I said in the future. 😂👍
Cool man, enjoy your Kadarious Toney stocks. :thumbup:
This was the part that was dumb bloviation to me.

Daboll is not here to win games in 2022. Sorry, but it's true. He won one anyway last night, because he made aggressive calls that paid off + the Titans missed a gimme kick. He's playing high variance, because that's who he is - he's aggressive and smart. Take my word for it, or don't - I actually don't care.

But you can leave it out on the dripping sarcasm questioning his intelligence. He's evaluating this roster for the future. He's going to be here in 2023, that much is certain.

Can't say the same for Toney. Good luck out there.

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:37 pm

mild wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:32 pm
spider321 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:21 pm I appreciate you “twisting the knife” by posting the beat writer agreeing with me that Toney is the team’s second best offensive weapon. Feel free to hurt my feelings by quoting the “experts” saying exactly what I said in the future. 😂👍
Cool man, enjoy your Kadarious Toney stocks. :thumbup:
This was the part that was dumb bloviation to me.

Daboll is not here to win games in 2022. Sorry, but it's true. He won one anyway last night, because he made aggressive calls that paid off + the Titans missed a gimme kick. He's playing high variance, because that's who he is - he's aggressive and smart. Take my word for it, or don't - I actually don't care.

But you can leave it out on the dripping sarcasm questioning his intelligence. He's evaluating this roster for the future. He's going to be here in 2023, that much is certain.

Can't say the same for Toney. Good luck out there.
Since you are doing such a good job of contradicting yourself, I’ll just leave you to it. Bless your heart, my friend. ❤️
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

rschroeder1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rschroeder1 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:15 pm

Whatever the cause of Toney's lack of snaps, or Daboll's grand plans: it would seem to be in Daboll's advantage to at least see what he has with Toney. For that reason, I'm not too panicky at this point.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:21 pm

Ain’t great but no point in selling now. It’s only up from here. Can’t get worse.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:23 pm

I don't know.

A player who can't get on the field because of the judgment of two guys (Brian Daboll and Joe Schoen) who played significant roles in the Buffalo Bills becoming one of the best organizations and cultures in football would give me pause about that player.

I'd be very tempted to sell. He was already a shaky prospect coming into the league. He surprised everyone with a few good games, but hasn't done anything since. It feels like we're waiting on him like he's some proven talent.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:26 pm

Quite obviously Kadarius Toney has character issues preventing him from seeing the field. It's a shame because the way he moves in space IS Tyreek-hill-esque. The talent is there. He's got to learn how to be coachable.

I think the Giants have had a locker room culture problem for years now. Daboll is making fixing that the ultimate priority and give a damn how talented you are.

If I could trade for any WR fantasy production now + a 23' 2nd I'm probably taking it. That's a more pro-active move than letting Toney sit on my bench waiting for him to become a functional adult. Takes too long.
Last edited by halfbaked88 on Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:30 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:23 pm I don't know.

A player who can't get on the field because of the judgment of two guys (Brian Daboll and Joe Schoen) who played significant roles in the Buffalo Bills becoming one of the best organizations and cultures in football would give me pause about that player.

I'd be very tempted to sell. He was already a shaky prospect coming into the league. He surprised everyone with a few good games, but hasn't done anything since. It feels like we're waiting on him like he's some proven talent.
Do the Bills have one of the best cultures?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:36 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:30 pm

Do the Bills have one of the best cultures?
I would say so. I think the situation with the punter is atypical from what they've been building.

stpilots98
Role Player
Role Player

Postby stpilots98 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:20 pm

As a Giants fan, Toney is one of the most talented players I've seen in a long time, right next to Beckham. Dude could be a star, but by everything I've seen and read it seems like football isn't a huge priority (insert Yung Joka). Was glad to see Daboll sit him yesterday. Team isn't going anywhere with or without him and the culture is way more important.
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

QB - Fields, Howell, Levis, Rodgers
RB - Montgomery, Dillon, Achane, Ford, Foreman Spears, De. Johnson, Ch. Brown
WR - Di Johnson, Olave, DJM, JSN, Addison, Dell, E. Moore, R. Moore, Pierce, Osborne, Atwell, Reynolds
TE - Kincaid, Hudson

1.01, 1.09, 1.10

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex, SF

QB - Hurts, Fields, Howell, Bridgewater, Wentz, Hoyer
RB - Barkley, Mixon, Dillon, Spears, Foreman, CEH, Murray, Strong
WR - Jefferson, Higgins, Allen, R. Moore, Palmer, MVS, Patrick, Reynolds, Woods, Osborne, Campbell, Raymond
TE - Musgrave, I. Smith, Henry, Washington

2nd

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex, SF

QB - Carr, Garoppolo, Levis, Trubisky, Darnold, Trask, Wentz, Walker
RB - Robinson, Achane, R. Jones, CEH, Kelley, Mitchell, Mason
WR - Adams, Higgins, Wilson, DJM, Brown, Cooks, Boyd, MVS, R. Moore, Boutte
TE - Kinkaid, Knox, Conklin

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:26 pm

What are you selling for though? I saw poster below you say he would take some wr production and a 23 2nd. I’d for sure take the 2nd without anything added. But I really doubt you could get even a 2nd. That’s what I mean about holding. There is enough talent plus capital there I’d rather have him over a 3rd…I think. So really it’s just a dart throw stash at this point for me.

If I could get even a Kyle Philips out of him I’d be all over it. Id take a 2nd in 23 or 24 at this point. I doubt you could get either of those ideas
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:16 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:26 pm

What are you selling for though? I saw poster below you say he would take some wr production and a 23 2nd. I’d for sure take the 2nd without anything added. But I really doubt you could get even a 2nd. That’s what I mean about holding. There is enough talent plus capital there I’d rather have him over a 3rd…I think. So really it’s just a dart throw stash at this point for me.

If I could get even a Kyle Philips out of him I’d be all over it. Id take a 2nd in 23 or 24 at this point. I doubt you could get either of those ideas
Go read dynasty reddit and you'll see people holding him unless it's a 1st. So I'd think those people would pay up a 2nd quite easily.

Not saying they're a smart bunch over there, but maybe they're in one of your leagues

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:19 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:26 pm

I think a 2023 2nd is fair. Toney just hasn't done enough to warrant a first.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:56 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:30 pm Do the Bills have one of the best cultures?
Von Miller could have gone back to the team that he -checks notes- "just won his second Superbowl with" and play for McVay who he is on the record as saying he dearly loved playing for.

He chose Buffalo over that, as a ring chaser, because he was -that- impressed with what they're building up there.

Despite the fact that if you don't love the Bills Mafia jumping through tables in sub-zero temperatures for "culture" - then I don't know WHAT to tell ya...