Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: 2022 Week 1

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:31 am
j4pac wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:13 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:00 am

He fumbled his first carry. I am assuming it's due to the turnover. Riding the pine for that, as a rookie. School of hard knocks, so to speak. Akers is a different story. I don't expect his usage to be that low, but it's pretty damning, considering how he looked last year, and is "healthy", and not getting any time.
It took him forever to get on the field to begin with. The guy just looks too small. I don’t think I have ever seen a guy as small as him be anything more than a RB3. Debent chance that Singletary is just simply bigger and better.
I wasn't high on him, just explaining the difference about potential future usage. He's a rookie (Akers as a rookie didn't see the field as much early) and Akers is in year 3. Akers snap/touch count is much more concerning than Cook's, though as I said, not high on Cook either. Not disagreeing with your assessment of the player. If they aren't throwing passes to Cook a bunch, I don't know how he's going to be FF relevant, because he won't be doing anything between the tackles.
The Bills and Josh Allen haven't had an effective run game outside of Allen himself, and don't use the RBs enough to make them fantasy football relevant. Maybe the RBs will get carries when the teams are up big & killing the clock. It's going to be a tough season for for Bills and Rams RBs. Hope people aren't relying on them as starters.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:50 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:07 am Just listening to Cecil Lammey (who is a Javonte fan, not a fan of Gordon), saying Gordon is a better pass protector and receiver right now, so if Gordon is out there more than you want/expect, know it's a Russell Wilson thing is basically what he's saying. Russ has a lot of say and he's the focal point of that franchise now.

(Football Guys/Broncos Beat reporter for those who don't know Cecil)
He’s a terrible source for information. Most times he does not understand what he is watching, and it’s pretty much understood over at the FBG MB that if Lammey advocates a position that smart FFers go opposite his advice. He’s missed way more than not. I would not put much stock into anything he says.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:22 am

jman3134 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:27 am If we are all going to jump on Akers for a "bad game" and assume his usage is going to be minimal the rest of the year, what about James Cook?
It's not even necessarily one bad game for Akers

In 5 games since he returned from injury: 70 carries, 172 yards.

The Rams had all offseason to watch him continue to progress from this injury and seemingly did not trust him to be out there. Week 1 panics are rarely justified, but this one has been building up for longer than 1 game.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:22 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:50 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:07 am Just listening to Cecil Lammey (who is a Javonte fan, not a fan of Gordon), saying Gordon is a better pass protector and receiver right now, so if Gordon is out there more than you want/expect, know it's a Russell Wilson thing is basically what he's saying. Russ has a lot of say and he's the focal point of that franchise now.

He’s a terrible source for information. Most times he does not understand what he is watching, and it’s pretty much understood over at the FBG MB that if Lammey advocates a position that smart FFers go opposite his advice. He’s missed way more than not. I would not put much stock into anything he says.
Thoughts on Mike Klis as a source?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:46 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:22 am

Klis is way more plugged in, Lammey is a wanna be Schefter. I like Lammey a lot because he's entertaining but Bronco Billy nailed it. Lammey does have good sources but he's a hot take guy. Klis was a Broncos sports columnist for a long time before going on TV.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:57 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:22 am

Not crazy about him. He is more a journalist than a sports expert (like most writers) so he relies on what he hears more than what he sees.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:09 am

Akers was already a question mark for me because he has poor vision. I’ve never seen a guy run into his own linemen more often than he did in college. If he’s lost his burst he’s probably done. One hope is that he’s healthy, but he still needs to limber up and restrengthen things a bit. I wouldn’t want to bank on that, but if I’m looking at him as an end of bench guy, I’d still hang on another season.

Stafford looked like he did on the Lions. When the pocket doesn’t hold up, he struggles and does stupid things. I suspect he wasn’t targetting ARob because he didn’t generally have time to go downfield. I didn’t watch ARob’s routes that closely, but he doesn’t seem like a guy that will generate a lot of short targets.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:20 am

I'm somewhat surprised at a lot of the reactions to Akers - what did people expect? The history of RB's coming back from that injury is pretty clear. He got some games in last post season and averaged 2.6 yards and looked very pedestrian. I'm not blaming him, it's an awful injury but I'm not sure why people expected 20+ touches for him. Many other threads touch on the history of that injury, I have zero shares of Akers in 5 leagues (I have Henderson in 3) and hope he breaks the trend and bounces back but I will let someone else find out. That O line won't help his case.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:24 am

I'm more curious about the high prices that are being referenced. He's in the 70s on KTC. Not really a reach for him imo.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:56 am

I don’t own any shares of Akers- I just typically stay away from any player that has the dreaded serious Achilles injury. I have Henderson on a bunch of teams and will be very interested to see how they use their RBs against the Falcons next week. I don’t know what to make of AROB- so many people on here saying he’s washed up and maybe he is but Stafford didn’t even look his way.,…like hardly at all. The main takeaway that I got was how good the Bills are… even better than most thought, they definitely look like the main team to beat in the AFC, that’s for sure.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:01 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:56 am I don’t own any shares of Akers- I just typically stay away from any player that has the dreaded serious Achilles injury. I have Henderson on a bunch of teams and will be very interested to see how they use their RBs against the Falcons next week. I don’t know what to make of AROB- so many people on here saying he’s washed up and maybe he is but Stafford didn’t even look his way.,…like hardly at all. The main takeaway that I got was how good the Bills are… even better than most thought, they definitely look like the main team to beat in the AFC, that’s for sure.
I think part of it was Stafford was under a ton of pressure. Arob was playing on the outside, and everything was funneled to short routes over the middle of the field. Maybe the Rams get lesser competition and can push it down the field more. That’s pretty likely. Too soon to give up on ARob…though of course expectations should be guarded. Definitely concern with Akers, but he is also coming off a soft tissue injury and Henderson didn’t look great. No other choice to hope that the usage was because of the soft tissue injury. I would trade Cook if I can find a manager that believes in him. Man that guy is small. He’s going to be incredibly limited.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:10 am

j4pac wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:01 am
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:56 am I don’t own any shares of Akers- I just typically stay away from any player that has the dreaded serious Achilles injury. I have Henderson on a bunch of teams and will be very interested to see how they use their RBs against the Falcons next week. I don’t know what to make of AROB- so many people on here saying he’s washed up and maybe he is but Stafford didn’t even look his way.,…like hardly at all. The main takeaway that I got was how good the Bills are… even better than most thought, they definitely look like the main team to beat in the AFC, that’s for sure.
I think part of it was Stafford was under a ton of pressure. Arob was playing on the outside, and everything was funneled to short routes over the middle of the field. Maybe the Rams get lesser competition and can push it down the field more. That’s pretty likely. Too soon to give up on ARob…though of course expectations should be guarded. Definitely concern with Akers, but he is also coming off a soft tissue injury and Henderson didn’t look great. No other choice to hope that the usage was because of the soft tissue injury. I would trade Cook if I can find a manager that believes in him. Man that guy is small. He’s going to be incredibly limited.
I’m very interested to see what the Rams offense looks like against what “should be” an easy matchup next week against the Falcons.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:26 am

Robinson:

48 routes run out of 50
Played every snap except 2
2 targets
Rams offensive line was killed all night

I think he'll be fine going forward. Falcons next week has blowup potential.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:57 am

I think there are some very perceptive comments being made here.

The Bills went on the road against a very good team and kicked their hinies all night. That is indicative of just how good BUF is (right now - it’s a long season). Giving up on guys like ARob and Henderson is probably a large overreaction.

Akers not getting any meaningful run and not doing anything (literally) with what he did get should raise a red flag given the kind of injury he is coming back from. If I owned him I might be looking for a trade partner, but I’m not giving him away for next to nothing. I’d think hard about a 2023 3rd rounder though, and smash a 2nd rounder.

Gabe Davis looks like he is not going to be obtainable for anything but a premium price now - that was a good D BUF was going against and Allen carved them up.

As to the BUF RBs, it was pretty obvious in preseason that any of them were not going to get sufficient quality opportunities to make large FF impacts barring injuries. That was a very good D line, but LA’s second level guys looked dicey against the run. It looks at best a 2 man committee and they’ll just let Allen throw downfield if Cook can’t be trusted.

As to Cook, there should be some concern. Yeah, he got benched because of the early mistake, but in a blow out of this magnitude you’d expect him to get some 4th quarter work given what kind of blowout this was. You have to wonder how deep in the doghouse that he landed and whether BUF will be satisfied with just having the vets split time given how powerful the rest of that team is.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:15 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:24 am I'm more curious about the high prices that are being referenced. He's in the 70s on KTC. Not really a reach for him imo.
Same.

I can't imagine ANYONE giving up a 1st round pick for Akers. I wouldn't give up a 2nd for him, or even a 3rd. That's no reflection on how hard he worked to come back from his injury. It's solely a reflection on the specific injury he suffered. It's a RB killer.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser