Spiller vs TDP vs Allgier

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shagmyster90
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Spiller vs TDP vs Allgier

Postby Shagmyster90 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:04 am

Spiller may be taking a back seat to Michel but would not be surprised to see him getting touched later in the season.. still only 21

TDP didn’t really catch my eye during preseason and Shanahan is almost on the same level as BB when it comes to having fantasy RBs

Allgier situation is appealing but other than that and his frame he isn’t anything sexy and can see the falcons getting the RB1 next draft..

Thoughts

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Spiller vs TDP vs Allgier

Postby halfbaked88 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:40 am

I want TDP out of that group. Mainly through process of elimination. Bringing in Sony Michel and prior to that Josh Kelley being reported as the #2 ahead of Spiller tells me all I need to know. Allgeier is on a terrible organization I see being bad for a long time. They need OL and had no business drafting Drake London over a lineman. I just don't trust anything in ATL other than Kyle Pitts and I think they just got lucky with that draft pick. They'll probably draft another RB later with better draft capital, because they don't know what they're doing.

TDP plays for a good football team known for turning stash level fantasy RBs into weekly starters. I'm cool taking my chances there.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:59 am

I feel like Allgier has the best opportunity to potentially show something this year! I feel like Spiller has the best skill but is berried and unless Ekeler gets injured not much will change. TDP - not sure what to expect - last year this time it was all about Sermon and that lasted until week 1.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

ZakHH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ZakHH » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:41 am

gpaok wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:59 am last year this time it was all about Sermon and that lasted until week 1.
And that's what I like about TDP: he's cheap, because everybody remembers the Sermon saga from 2021.

Last year, the Niners spent a 3rd round pick on an RB, and he went in the 1st round of dynasty rookie drafts.
This year, the Niners spent another 3rd round pick on an RB, and he falls to the bottom of the second round.

TDP is a lottery ticket, as is every RB playing under Kyle Shanahan. But if the Niners really believed in Eli Mitchell, would they have spent another 3rd round pick on his position?

As for the other options: I never understood why the Chargers drafted Spiller. He profiles just like Ekeler, so he is not a complement for him. Michel indeed makes a ton more sense for them, as he can relieve Ekeler in short yardage and goal line situations. But the only chance I see for Spiller is an Ekeler injury. And even then, he'll only be a short-term replacement.

Teams don't draft a potential successor for their current stud RB after the 3rd round. Of the top 20 RBs of 2021, only 2 were drafted after round 3: Aaron Jones (5th) and Ekeler (UDFA). 18 of 20 top RBs had at least 3rd round draft capital to their name.

That also says it all about Allgeier. 1% chance he becomes the next Aaron Jones, 99% chance his owners will drop him next year.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:09 am

ZakHH wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:41 am
gpaok wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:59 am last year this time it was all about Sermon and that lasted until week 1.
And that's what I like about TDP: he's cheap, because everybody remembers the Sermon saga from 2021.

Last year, the Niners spent a 3rd round pick on an RB, and he went in the 1st round of dynasty rookie drafts.
This year, the Niners spent another 3rd round pick on an RB, and he falls to the bottom of the second round.

TDP is a lottery ticket, as is every RB playing under Kyle Shanahan. But if the Niners really believed in Eli Mitchell, would they have spent another 3rd round pick on his position?

As for the other options: I never understood why the Chargers drafted Spiller. He profiles just like Ekeler, so he is not a complement for him. Michel indeed makes a ton more sense for them, as he can relieve Ekeler in short yardage and goal line situations. But the only chance I see for Spiller is an Ekeler injury. And even then, he'll only be a short-term replacement.

Teams don't draft a potential successor for their current stud RB after the 3rd round. Of the top 20 RBs of 2021, only 2 were drafted after round 3: Aaron Jones (5th) and Ekeler (UDFA). 18 of 20 top RBs had at least 3rd round draft capital to their name.

That also says it all about Allgeier. 1% chance he becomes the next Aaron Jones, 99% chance his owners will drop him next year.
99% is pretty extreme. Unless he completely bombs this year, he's not going to be droppable. He's got a clear path to touches, which is valuable.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:16 am

TDP for me. The cheapest 49ers back has been a profitable player to own the past few years and is a trend that's likely to continue with guys who arent build for heavy workloads like Mitchell and Wilson.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:51 am

I’ll go Spiller.

Allgeier looks like he’s pulling a bus along with him on most of his runs. Good vision and physicality, but he’ll be a limited back.

TDP doesn’t really strike me as the typical outside zone back, and I don’t really trust the younger Shanahan in his ability to find good fits at the position like I did Shanahan the elder. Once separate from daddy’s disciple Kubiak and Shanahan the elder, he brought in the following:

Crowell in Cleveland - Had some hype, but even beyond the off the field stuff, he was better after Shanahan left.
Coleman in Atlanta - Freeman, the holdover from the previous staff was obviously the better fit here.
Breida, Wilson are both UDFAs, Mitchell was a 6th round pick, Mostert came over as a free agent while 3rd rounder Sermon and 4th rounder Williams were complete washouts. Even the hits in the UDFAs and late rounders have been only okay at this point with Mitchell looking like the best so far.

The Sony news dampens Spiller’s outlook in the short term, but Sony doesn’t catch many passes, so an injury to Ekeler would still bring him back into the conversation.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:44 am

Is whoever's the cheapest an option lol. That's always been my target out of this group+zamir.

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hjorimir » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:11 pm

Spiller easily for me. I don't expect much from him this year, but this is dynasty. He still doesn't even have his man-muscle on him he's so young.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:03 pm

Honestly, I don't think any of them are good, but I lean towards TDP. If he can just have a few good games in that system it creates a solid sell window.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:53 pm

Hjorimir wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:11 pm Spiller easily for me. I don't expect much from him this year, but this is dynasty. He still doesn't even have his man-muscle on him he's so young.
Spiller for me, quite easily. There's a butt-load of talk about him on a thread here...

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:06 pm

Allgeier if you like the quick flip. TDP if you're feeling lucky. Spiller if you like a sinking rock.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:53 pm

Spiller for me. He’s the best long term play, imo, just turned 21 like 3 weeks ago, not sure why so many people are down on him.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:52 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:06 pm Allgeier if you like the quick flip. TDP if you're feeling lucky. Spiller if you like a sinking rock.
:lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:38 am

Spiller but the group as a whole is probably not doing much this year. Tough when you jump out of the gate with an injury like Spiller is and already have a solid veteran in place as a backup with Michel.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D