Lance McCutcheon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CurtisMyFavMartin
Starter
Starter

Lance McCutcheon

Postby CurtisMyFavMartin » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:06 am

Dude is making a real case to not only make the Rams but carve out a real role in the offense. Undrafted from Montana State, guy is worth an add if he’s available in your league. Back to back games with 5 catches and at least 87 yards. He’s free, and part of a top 3 offense.
Controlled Chaos 12 Team PPR SFLEX~EST. 2015
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX 1SFLEX

2018+2019 CHAMPION
QB Murray/Stafford
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Zeke
WR DJ Moore, Pittman, JSN, Flowers, Addison, Downs, Lazard
TE Hockenson, Schultz, Knox, Irv Smith

4 2024 1sts
3 2024 2nds
2 2025 1sts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Lance McCutcheon

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:34 am

I did some recent scouting on him just before our FA session earlier in the week. I’m not sure he’s going to be able to nail down any meaningful piece of that offense. He’s big and uses his body well in boxing out defenders, high points the ball well and has good timing on his jumps.

Where he looks like he’ll struggle is his playing speed, which doesn’t look as good as his timed 40 numbers. He’s a guy who needs a long runway to build his speed, meaning any time he gets rerouted or slow by contact he isn’t going to be able to achieve any kind of separation. He also showed a history in college of some bad drops, and more than just a few of them. That combination of bad attributes does not play well at the NFL level, regardless of what his strengths are.

We’ll see. Maybe I’ll regret passing on him - as the rest of my leaguemates did as well. I just don’t see where he’s going to be any kind of reliable FF asset.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:21 pm

CurtisMyFavMartin wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:06 am Dude is making a real case to not only make the Rams but carve out a real role in the offense. Undrafted from Montana State, guy is worth an add if he’s available in your league. Back to back games with 5 catches and at least 87 yards. He’s free, and part of a top 3 offense.
Understanding how each team handles the preseason and reading those tealeaves can be tricky at times. You have to understand that the Rams NEVER play any of their starters for their preseason games. If you see a Ram play in the preseason he's competing for a roster spot. But McCutcheon has looked really good. I hope he finds a place on that roster.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:48 am

Just picked this guy up. I'm hopeful he can make the roster. He doesn't get that much separation on the big plays he made in game 1, but his contested catch ability is still very impressive. He has been and will continue to work with Cooper Kupp on his route running and I am sure he can pick up a few things. I like his potential development, especially if there are injuries.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:17 pm

His tape looks better than TuTu, interested to see what happens should Jefferson not be ready or one of the big two goes down.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:27 am

Looks like another Auden Tate, but I scooped him up given how thin the Rams are at Wr until OBJ returns.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass