Taylor for CMC

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Taylor for CMC

Taylor, Hines
90%
CMC, G. Wilson
10%

Total votes: 20

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Taylor for CMC

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:15 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:30 pm Surprised at the poll results.

I think this is heavily in favor of CMC and Garret Wilson. CMC and JT over the next 3 years are likely neck and neck in fantasy points, with CMC having the higher ceiling (and floor, minus injury). Wilson is a blue chip himself.

I get most people are worried about CMCs injuries, but I think it’s severely overblown and shortsighted. People harp about injuries, but the truth is, nobody here is going to be able to accurately predict injuries. RB is a vicious position, and injuries are part of the game.

There is a clear age difference here, but if you’re remotely close to competing, I’d take CMC and his elite upside, and trade Garret Wilson for another win now piece.
a jets rookie wr is not close to enough to risk swapping jt for cmc and hoping he wont miss the majority of the season for a 3rd straight year. this is all about injury history and nothing to do with skill or ability to produce. i actually traded away JT for CMC so i get where you are at but it was a 14 team sf and i got stafford and sent baker lol. thats a more realistic gap filler imo
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:39 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:15 am

I think this is heavily in favor of CMC and Garret Wilson. CMC and JT over the next 3 years are likely neck and neck in fantasy points, with CMC having the higher ceiling (and floor, minus injury). Wilson is a blue chip himself.

I get most people are worried about CMCs injuries, but I think it’s severely overblown and shortsighted. People harp about injuries, but the truth is, nobody here is going to be able to accurately predict injuries. RB is a vicious position, and injuries are part of the game.

There is a clear age difference here, but if you’re remotely close to competing, I’d take CMC and his elite upside, and trade Garret Wilson for another win now piece.
a jets rookie wr is not close to enough to risk swapping jt for cmc and hoping he wont miss the majority of the season for a 3rd straight year. this is all about injury history and nothing to do with skill or ability to produce. i actually traded away JT for CMC so i get where you are at but it was a 14 team sf and i got stafford and sent baker lol. thats a more realistic gap filler imo
I’m sorry but we have fundamental philosophical differences. I don’t care what team a player is on, talent trumps situation a majority of the time. So saying “jets player”, we are on other sides of the fence.

By your approach, you probably didn’t get AJ Brown as a rookie, because he was on the Titans (which was considered a bad landing spot at the time).

Also, Elijah Moore is one of the most hyped players who also did well last year.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Pacheco, Jacobs, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zach Evans
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Dotson, Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Mayer

2024: 1.02, 1.11, 3.01
2025: 2x 1st, 2nd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:50 pm

I'm with BigBawse on the fact that CMC simply isn't in JT's neighborhood in dynasty
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

MaeenJelmore
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby MaeenJelmore » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:02 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:39 pm

I’m sorry but we have fundamental philosophical differences. I don’t care what team a player is on, talent trumps situation a majority of the time. So saying “jets player”, we are on other sides of the fence.

By your approach, you probably didn’t get AJ Brown as a rookie, because he was on the Titans (which was considered a bad landing spot at the time).

Also, Elijah Moore is one of the most hyped players who also did well last year.
This was precisely my thought process when constructing the offer. The talent, capital, and general value gain on young WRs. Wilson would have to have a pretty terrible year to lose value so I viewed it as a good hedge to a potential CMC injury. CMC has the much higher ceiling when he's healthy and the floor in PPR should be pretty solid as he ages.

The Jets also seem to be onto something with Saleh and the new GM at the helm. Moore gained value in his rookie year. Hall is valued at a top 5ish RB in dynasty.

I totally understand the poll results and people assuming I should get more for the consensus RB 1.. I do think it's closer in value and a potential huge win in fantasy points (which is what matters) then the poll results seem to indicate.
10 Team PPR- Start- 1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-3FLEX

QB: Jackson, Lance

RB: Taylor, Bijan,Pollard, Gibson, Charbonnet, McKinnon, Perine, Evans, C. Brown, K. Miller, Abanikanda, E. Hull

WR: Jefferson, Tyreek, Devonta, Godwin, Hollywood,, Keenan, Burks, Diontae, Jeudy, Downs, Wan'dale, Reed

TE: Pitts,Dulcich, Okwonko

2024 Picks: 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2025 Picks: 3 1sts, 3 2nds, 3rd, 4th

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:15 pm

MaeenJelmore wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:02 pm

This was precisely my thought process when constructing the offer. The talent, capital, and general value gain on young WRs. Wilson would have to have a pretty terrible year to lose value so I viewed it as a good hedge to a potential CMC injury. CMC has the much higher ceiling when he's healthy and the floor in PPR should be pretty solid as he ages.

The Jets also seem to be onto something with Saleh and the new GM at the helm. Moore gained value in his rookie year. Hall is valued at a top 5ish RB in dynasty.

I totally understand the poll results and people assuming I should get more for the consensus RB 1.. I do think it's closer in value and a potential huge win in fantasy points (which is what matters) then the poll results seem to indicate.
I’ve been on these forums for years. There is a lot of echo chamber effect, so you need to take everything with a grain of salt.

Do what you think is best, your analysis is sound, but you now have feedback from multiple owners.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Pacheco, Jacobs, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zach Evans
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Dotson, Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Mayer

2024: 1.02, 1.11, 3.01
2025: 2x 1st, 2nd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

natjjohn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby natjjohn » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:29 pm

Getting Wilson is nice, but outside of the injury history, CMC a lot older in terms of RB years being three years older. I voted JT side, but can see why someone would make this move if they are a Wilson believer.

MaeenJelmore
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby MaeenJelmore » Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:55 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:15 pm
MaeenJelmore wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:02 pm

I’ve been on these forums for years. There is a lot of echo chamber effect, so you need to take everything with a grain of salt.

Do what you think is best, your analysis is sound, but you now have feedback from multiple owners.
Yes, much appreciated! That's why I enjoy positing these types of questions!
10 Team PPR- Start- 1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-3FLEX

QB: Jackson, Lance

RB: Taylor, Bijan,Pollard, Gibson, Charbonnet, McKinnon, Perine, Evans, C. Brown, K. Miller, Abanikanda, E. Hull

WR: Jefferson, Tyreek, Devonta, Godwin, Hollywood,, Keenan, Burks, Diontae, Jeudy, Downs, Wan'dale, Reed

TE: Pitts,Dulcich, Okwonko

2024 Picks: 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2025 Picks: 3 1sts, 3 2nds, 3rd, 4th

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:12 am

it makes no difference what you think of a players talent if they are stuck in a situation where they arent likely to produce and their value cant come close to its potential. the jets are bad, the qb is bad and hurt again already, yet everyone is over the moon for hall, moore, and g wilson...unless we see another arizona cardinals situation where they just take another qb highly and disregard the wilson selection i have to limit expectations.

the philosophical difference may be one where i focus more in 3 year windows and you think more long term. someone being in a bad spot for the foreseeable future affects my valuations more than yours possibly.

and no i loved ajb he was my number 1 wr that year, and josh allen was my top qb (caught tons of flak for that one)
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp