Which Tier 3 Tight end?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Which Tier 3 Tight end?

Postby problemsolver » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:59 pm

16 team league 1 PPR , no TEP

Mike Gesicki or Hunter Henry.

Seems like a dead heat to me. Push me off the fence one way or the other.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Which Tier 3 Tight end?

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:14 pm

Reports have been negative for Gesicki but we know he can produce and was theoretically ascending in his career. Henry still has to contend with Jonnu in a pretty blah offense, while Miami should take steps forward. The preseason negativity is the only thing making these two comparable now, so unless you're sold on the bad reports I'm sticking with Gesicki
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:30 pm

I don't expect much from either but Gesicki. Henry is all TD or nothing.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:30 pm

Gesicki

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:48 pm

I think Tyreek kills Gesicki's value. A true-alpha target percentage leader coming to town literally steals food right off Gesicki's plate. I don't think Gesicki earned his past years targets through sheer talent. It was most volume. Volume he's never going to see again. No way he outearns targets from Hill & Waddle to anything remotely close to what we're used to seeing out of him.

MIA would have to become a top 5 offense. Tua can not support Hill/Waddle, spread to ball his RBs and maintain a relevant 3rd pass catching option....

Although I'm not thrilled with Henry either I'd be happy selling Gesicki while he still has more value and just rolling Henry out there instead.

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:04 pm

I honestly don't like the question. Are these really the only two options?

The news out of Miami is very strange re: Gesicki blocking more or on his way out considering the new HC comes from a system that highly involved the TE position. This was true of Shanahan at most of his stops throughout his career.

But he would be competing with two studs at WR while Henry would not be competing with a stud WR room.

Where there's smoke, there is usually fire - roll with Henry.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins