Which 2nd round RB do you want?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Who is your favorite RB that is going in the 2nd round of non-start up dynasty drafts?

Tyler Allgeier, ATL
10%
Tyrion Davis-Price, SF
3%
Dameon Pierce, HOU
20%
Brian Robinson, WAS
5%
Isaiah Spiller, SD
25%
Rachaad White, TB
30%
Zamir White, OAK
7%

Total votes: 100

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Which 2nd round RB do you want?

Postby Jfever » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:51 pm

gpaok wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:15 am If you are an Ekeler owner Spiller, otherwise I think Allgeier, ATL or Pierce, HOU. I feel like those backfields might be interesting and could have a man early shakeup.
X2
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:13 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:09 pm Rachaad White and Brian Robinson, by a mile, in that order. I think White can take over that lead role for many years, and Robinson can be the 1A in that backfield for 2-4 years. Both are solid backs with the ability to be a dual threat and can pass block.

The other guys I think are fools gold, especially Pierce and Allgeier. Too much love for those guys. Both slow and bad vision.

Zamir White will be complimentary in a power system but not much else. He cannot pass block to save his life.

I think Spiller can be OK for a while but I don't think he'll ever break out, too slow, the burst needed isn't there.

TDP is a bust. I'm a huge Niner fan but he was drafted to be the missing speedster this offense needs aka Matt Breida, so he'll get his huge plays here and there but that'll be it. Taken in the third round but should have been saved for the 5th or 6th. Wasted pick.
Nice post. I think BRob is a little overrated personally bit I'm glad we see the same on R White. He's probably my favorite rookie RB

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:28 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:13 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:09 pm Rachaad White and Brian Robinson, by a mile, in that order. I think White can take over that lead role for many years, and Robinson can be the 1A in that backfield for 2-4 years. Both are solid backs with the ability to be a dual threat and can pass block.

The other guys I think are fools gold, especially Pierce and Allgeier. Too much love for those guys. Both slow and bad vision.

Zamir White will be complimentary in a power system but not much else. He cannot pass block to save his life.

I think Spiller can be OK for a while but I don't think he'll ever break out, too slow, the burst needed isn't there.

TDP is a bust. I'm a huge Niner fan but he was drafted to be the missing speedster this offense needs aka Matt Breida, so he'll get his huge plays here and there but that'll be it. Taken in the third round but should have been saved for the 5th or 6th. Wasted pick.
Nice post. I think BRob is a little overrated personally bit I'm glad we see the same on R White. He's probably my favorite rookie RB
I’m curious why you think he’s underrated when his ADP has him behind pretty much everyone in the rookie class
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:24 pm

BRob is consistently going behind fourth rounders Spiller, White and Pierce and sometimes even Allgeier at the back of the 2nd. How low do you rate him?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:53 am

ericanadian wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:24 pm

BRob is consistently going behind fourth rounders Spiller, White and Pierce and sometimes even Allgeier at the back of the 2nd. How low do you rate him?
I guess that's just not where I thought he was going... I see a lot of hype online for him in this grouping of RB4-7 with Spiller, R White and Pierce. And I'm saying I'd rather have those 3 quite easily. I'd probably rather have Zamir as well, but it's closer there. I'm not an Allgeier fan so sure, if Brob is going after him, then Brob is undervalued.

Also feel like a lot of these RB would be 3rd rounders in most classes so that's probably part of why I feel they're "overrated".

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:39 pm

I didn't understand the love for Allgeier or TDP, and now that the (un)official depth charts are out, maybe some people will start seeing what I see.

They are 8th and 5th on their respective depth charts.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Rondalebaby
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rondalebaby » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:32 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:39 pm I didn't understand the love for Allgeier or TDP, and now that the official depth charts are out, maybe some people will start seeing what I see.

They’re actually unofficial depth charts, but agreed they’re both pretty JAGy

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:41 pm

Rondalebaby wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:32 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:39 pm I didn't understand the love for Allgeier or TDP, and now that the official depth charts are out, maybe some people will start seeing what I see.

They’re actually unofficial depth charts, but agreed they’re both pretty JAGy
Definitely just a few guys. Situation in ATL pushed Allgeier up too far for me. But I don't think he's their 8th best RB lol

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:18 pm

Completely meaningless. Drake London is listed as their fifth receiver… on one side, so like actually their 9th or 10th receiver.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:52 am

ericanadian wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:18 pmCompletely meaningless. Drake London is listed as their fifth receiver… on one side, so like actually their 9th or 10th receiver.
Yeah I need to take a step back.

The 49ers depth chart looks legit and how I would expect it to look on week one.

The Falcons depth chart is obviously not even close to that.

Solidifies my belief on TDP, but not so much on Algeier.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:44 pm

Rachaad White easily is a different tier from these guys though I must say Dameon Pierce might have more short term value than I thought