In need of depth, picks, qbs.....a Re-tooling?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

In need of depth, picks, qbs.....a Re-tooling?

Postby dblj1199 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:39 am

Our league is switching to 1.5 ppr for te's this year and SF next season, team is in signature. So you can see I need a qb 2, assuming Baker, Darnold or Mariota don't become viable options. I need depth all around. I think my team can compete with a fully healthy starting roster, but that's always a big if in football. Do I look to move on from Zeke if he has a hot start to the season? Do I look to move Cooper later in the season once Watson is back at qb? Do I look for picks, players? Any ideas on how to re-tool my roster??
I've lost out on trading away "old" players in the past with A Peterson getting suspended, Megatron retiring, AJ Greene injuries, AB's suspensions and that has hurt after wining in the past. So I want to get ahead of things.
Ideally I'd like to build around Mahomes and JJ, but most likely I'd be open to moving anyone on my roster unless someone massively overpays for one of these two.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: In need of depth, picks, qbs.....a Re-tooling?

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:59 am

Honestly I think I'd blow it up.

Not because your team is bad, I actually think it's decent. But those are massive changes to the structure of your league. And in a 10team, I feel like you need a team full of studs to be a true contender.

I'd build around Mahomes, JJ, and DJM.

I agree with all of the sells you listed (as well as when to sell them). I think you'll have to hold on guys like J-Rob and OBJ, wait for a sell window.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:04 am

def need to retool you need a way to figure out qb and rb depth and dont have a first this year or next.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:25 am

I would see about getting your 2023 first back and then blow it up. The 1.01 or 1.02 in 2023 should solve your Sf problem. I would move guys like Cooper, Waller, and Barkley after re-gaining my 2023 1st. I would keep Toney and DJM. Coupled with JJ, Mahomes and a 2023 1st round QB you would be well on your way back in a quick mini rebuild.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:53 am

I would be looking to retool this roster from top to bottom. You are in a tough spot with assets aging out of value and the change in format hurts your build overall. Timing will be key as to when to make the moves but I would shop every asset outside of Mahomes and Jefferson and see what offers come. Zeke, Barkley, Moore, Waller and Cooper should all bring interest. Good luck with your retool.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:22 am

I would trade for next year first round picks anyone available other than:
Mahomes, JJ, and maybe DJM

That doesn’t mean I would give Mahomes for a massive haul but doubt there will be someone to offer that.

You can wait until injuries start popping up (hopefully not yours) and sell to contenders then if nothing works now. Sad part is this years draft doesn’t have some crazy QB to patch up your hole there but next years might.

Waller in a TE premium should give some decent return. Also maybe if you believe in Lance you can buy low before he starts showing his capabilities?
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

oneson9192
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oneson9192 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:23 am

Nearly everything has already been said so I'll just add an encouraging word: '23 and '24 are promising classes. You could have an accelerated rebuild if you can get 2-3 1sts and 2-3 2nds in each class.

Also, 3 tips for getting top pick value for your current players:
1) Sell to contenders or "near contenders", this one is pretty obvious
2) Sell once the season starts. Everyone wants rookies/picks/youth in the offseason. Once the season starts and veterans like Zeke are scoring 16 pts a game, they start to look a lot more appealing.
3) Split up the trades as much as possible. Sending 5-6 players for picks in 1 deal usually nets you less in return than several smaller (1-2 player) trades. This also allows you to pit contenders against each other. Once you start making their competition stronger, they're more willing to come to you and try to work out a similar deal.
2021 Startup
Superflex – PPR - TE Premium (1.5 PPR) – 12 Team
1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 SF, 1 Flex

QB: J Allen, J Fields, D Jones, W Levis, S Darnold
RB: B Hall, K Walker, T Etienne, R Johnson, D Foreman, J McLaughlin, E Demercado
WR: ARSB, G Wilson, DK Metcalf, B Aiyuk, T Higgins, C Godwin, J Williams, R Bateman
TE: K Pitts, D Goedert, L Musgrave
2024: 1.03, 2.03, 3.11
2025: 1-3-4-4-5

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:01 pm

Giants fan here. I’m following camp and reports that Saquon looks AMAZING and they’re going to be lining him up everywhere and giving him tons of touches. You should be having a early-to-mid season fire sale for the ages. Keep who everybody above says to keep and sell one stud at a time. Sell Zeke to one contender and Barkley to the other. Depending on where he lands, OBJ will be a real difference-maker to a contender. Great year to pick up a young player who picks up a freak injury while dealing a vet who isn’t old yet, but will be too old for your rebuild.