Juju for Fred Warner

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Juju or Fred Warner

Juju
67%
Warner
33%

Total votes: 18

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Juju for Fred Warner

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:33 pm

BradyT wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:18 pm Good LB's easy to come by on the fa market each year? There are always almost none available, just like serviceable DE's. Stud LB's that have this high tackle stats year in and year out are the RB's and WR's of the defense and its huge if you have some from the top names

Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, Devin White, Fred Warner, Micha Parsons, Isaiah Simmons... there are more serviceable names, but you can barely get them on the FA market.

Its true you can always get serviceable IDPs from the market, even on a weekly basis, but those are almost always DB's.
The top LB's are a different breed and imo they clearly hold more value than a WR that you ideally dont want as one of your starters.
I have never been in a league where top-20 LBs aren't able to be grabbed for free off the WW. Both during the summer, and in-season

Alex Singleton, Denzel Perryman, KGH, Quincy Williams, etc just for the last year or 2 off the top of my head.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:40 pm

Needalife wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:32 pm I like having a set it and forget it starter like Warner here versus JuJu who will rot on your bench and also lose a ton of value if he doesn't get fed consistent targets which I believe will be the case.
This is where I'm at. However, I would try to get something added on to Warner because of the perceived positional value difference.

Also, this is situational, so the "always" and "never" rules of thumb should be taken with a grain of salt. In most cases, yes, I would say hold onto the offensive skill player. But in the given scenario, Warner will be a long term stud for you, while no telling how Juju will do. You can find several wrs out there with some potential to take a chance on instead.

I can't stress enough the luxury of having a solid linebacker corps for your title drive.

-oo-
Both teams 16 tm 1/3 ppr idp
QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 2 Flex

Phoenix Park Suns
QB - Hurts, Darnold, Minshew, Zappe, O'Connell
RB - Ekeler, Conner, Edwards, Strong, McLaughlin, Brooks, Prince
WR - Adams, Tyreek Hill, Deebo Samuel, Zay Jones, M. Thomas, Downs
TE - Goedert, Bellinger
PK - Sanders
DL - Garrett, Paye, Madubuike, Judon
LB - Franklin, Mosley, Edmunds, J. Davis, Bernard, Jack, Mapu, Vander Esch
DB - Metellus, Branch
2024 Picks: 1.14, 2.05 , 2.14, 3.05, 3.14, 6.14

Serenity Valley Browncoats
QB - RWilson, O'Connell, Lance, Darnold, Hooker, Stidham
RB - Stevenson, RWhite, Ford, Herbert, Hunt, CEH, McIntosh, Brooks
WR - Adams, Collins, Rice, GDavis, NBrown, Dortch, Tillman
TE - Higbee, Allen, Graham
PK - Fairbairn
DL - Madubuike, Paye, Ebukam, Will Anderson
LB - Kendricks, Pratt, DWhite, Holcombe, Baker, Alexander, TAndersen, Jack
DB - Blackmon, Brisker, Stingley
- 2024 Picks: 1.13, 3.13
-oo-

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:38 am

meineymoe wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:40 pm
Needalife wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:32 pm I like having a set it and forget it starter like Warner here versus JuJu who will rot on your bench and also lose a ton of value if he doesn't get fed consistent targets which I believe will be the case.
This is where I'm at. However, I would try to get something added on to Warner because of the perceived positional value difference.

Also, this is situational, so the "always" and "never" rules of thumb should be taken with a grain of salt. In most cases, yes, I would say hold onto the offensive skill player. But in the given scenario, Warner will be a long term stud for you, while no telling how Juju will do. You can find several wrs out there with some potential to take a chance on instead.

I can't stress enough the luxury of having a solid linebacker corps for your title drive.

-oo-
It’s not that I’m crazy high on having the perfect LB, but I’m really down on Juju; I can see him having a decent “real” NFL season, but I think we’re looking at replacement level fantasy production. My tiebreaker is always: Do you love the player you’re trading for. In this case, that’s a definite yes. Love Moe’s idea of trying to get something added to Warner.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:24 am

BradyT wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:18 pm Good LB's easy to come by on the fa market each year?
yes, in a lot of leagues. i play in fairly deep leagues (14+ teams, 45/50 roster spots), with higher tackle scoring and starting requirements. there are always viable starters on waivers in the off season, and a few more pop up in season because of injuries etc.

with only 1pt per tackle, the LB position is not that incisive, the difference in points between an LB1 and a waiver LB will be even less than it is with a heavier tackle scoring, and a lot less than the difference between a waiver offensive player and a starting one.

if you don't want to be on top of waivers and snap counts trends, by all means trade for a "set and forget" LB, but to me that's losing value.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:42 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:24 am
BradyT wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:18 pm Good LB's easy to come by on the fa market each year?
yes, in a lot of leagues. i play in fairly deep leagues (14+ teams, 45/50 roster spots), with higher tackle scoring and starting requirements. there are always viable starters on waivers in the off season, and a few more pop up in season because of injuries etc.

with only 1pt per tackle, the LB position is not that incisive, the difference in points between an LB1 and a waiver LB will be even less than it is with a heavier tackle scoring, and a lot less than the difference between a waiver offensive player and a starting one.

if you don't want to be on top of waivers and snap counts trends, by all means trade for a "set and forget" LB, but to me that's losing value.
Absolutely
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:34 pm

Stone2987 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:31 am
Menace2010 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:39 am What do you mean by "standard" for IDP scoring haha. Sorry, but the problem is there really is no standard. If it's tackle heavy and Fred Warner is scoring up there with WR1s or WR2s I like this deal. He's a stud and 25. I usually don't like moving OPs for IDPs simply because of depth, but from time-to-time for a truly elite option (D. Leonard, F. Warner, T.J. Watt, etc.) I can see pulling the trigger.

In several of my leagues elite IDPs score alongside fringe WR1s so yes, I'd strongly consider in those. In many others, they score about half as much (all about how many points per tackle really) and in those I would't even consider it. Also, you ideally would have 3 interior or middle LBs in your starting line-up, both LB spots (not Judon who is an OLB) and in your Flex IDP slot. You only have one viable starter at the moment wih the D. Jones injury/potential benching. So definitely a position of need.

Who all is available on the waive wire? Cody Barton is a great waiver addition with Wagner departing SEA, could see him potentially being available in a 12 team league. David Long, R. Evans, a few others poised to get opportunities they may or may not deserve.
Fair, I should’ve gone into more detail. It’s 1 point per solo tackle, 0.5 for assisted, 3 for TFL. It is more heavily weighted towards big plays. Elite seasons for idps can be on par with top scoring offensive guys (TJ Watt outscored Mixon, Kelce, etc last year) but he and Parsons were the only two to be in the top 50 in our league for points so it’s uncommon. My thought is Warner will be a set and forget starter whereas it’s fairly likely I’ll almost never play Juju.
That is below standard IDP scoring.
In 2022, standard IDP scoring is IDP123 scoring, 2 points for solo tackle, 1 point for assisted.
I'd keep JuJu. I would only be tempted for Warner if this was a standard IDP123 league.

In low scoring IDP leagues, I keep VERY few IDP pieces on my bench, they just don't have the value that IOP have.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:10 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:34 pm
Stone2987 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:31 am
Menace2010 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:39 am What do you mean by "standard" for IDP scoring haha. Sorry, but the problem is there really is no standard. If it's tackle heavy and Fred Warner is scoring up there with WR1s or WR2s I like this deal. He's a stud and 25. I usually don't like moving OPs for IDPs simply because of depth, but from time-to-time for a truly elite option (D. Leonard, F. Warner, T.J. Watt, etc.) I can see pulling the trigger.

In several of my leagues elite IDPs score alongside fringe WR1s so yes, I'd strongly consider in those. In many others, they score about half as much (all about how many points per tackle really) and in those I would't even consider it. Also, you ideally would have 3 interior or middle LBs in your starting line-up, both LB spots (not Judon who is an OLB) and in your Flex IDP slot. You only have one viable starter at the moment wih the D. Jones injury/potential benching. So definitely a position of need.

Who all is available on the waive wire? Cody Barton is a great waiver addition with Wagner departing SEA, could see him potentially being available in a 12 team league. David Long, R. Evans, a few others poised to get opportunities they may or may not deserve.
Fair, I should’ve gone into more detail. It’s 1 point per solo tackle, 0.5 for assisted, 3 for TFL. It is more heavily weighted towards big plays. Elite seasons for idps can be on par with top scoring offensive guys (TJ Watt outscored Mixon, Kelce, etc last year) but he and Parsons were the only two to be in the top 50 in our league for points so it’s uncommon. My thought is Warner will be a set and forget starter whereas it’s fairly likely I’ll almost never play Juju.
That is below standard IDP scoring.
In 2022, standard IDP scoring is IDP123 scoring, 2 points for solo tackle, 1 point for assisted.
I'd keep JuJu. I would only be tempted for Warner if this was a standard IDP123 league.

In low scoring IDP leagues, I keep VERY few IDP pieces on my bench, they just don't have the value that IOP have.
Yes, the low scoring for IDP + the starting requirements (start a max of 3 LB only require 2, start a max of 7 but likely starting 5-6 WRs weekly) make this a slam dunk for Juju.

I have Warner and Juju on the same team but the scoring is 2 per tackle 1 per assist and required to start 3 LB with 1 flex, and require 3 WR but only 1 offensive flex spot. I would be hard pressed to trade away Warner in my league but not in a league with low soring and starting requirements for IDP.