Deshaun Watson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Deshaun Watson

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:20 pm

Kamara and his friends beat a man unconscious and began stomping on his face, causing a fracture to his orbital bone.

We're not even sure Watson did anything wrong yet.

Kamara should get a bigger suspension than Watson.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:18 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:20 pm Kamara and his friends beat a man unconscious and began stomping on his face, causing a fracture to his orbital bone.

Curious what Kamara did vs his friends. Do you know? If Kamara brutally beat someone, and their is video evidence, I'm cool with a 2 year suspension.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:21 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:18 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:20 pm Kamara and his friends beat a man unconscious and began stomping on his face, causing a fracture to his orbital bone.

Curious what Kamara did vs his friends. Do you know? If Kamara brutally beat someone, and their is video evidence, I'm cool with a 2 year suspension.
i'm pretty sure the cctv video shows kamara and others punching the guy in the face about 8 times. then all of them stomping on his face.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:26 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:21 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:18 am

i'm pretty sure the cctv video shows kamara and others punching the guy in the face about 8 times. then all of them stomping on his face.
If that's the case, I think a lengthy suspension is certainly in order, and if it's as bad as you say, 6 games isn't enough. I don't think there's any place for that in society, even if you're good at football. If that is the case, he should be in jail over that period he'd be suspended for anyway, IMO, if there is video evidence of a violent, unprovoked assault that could have caused irreversible harm or death.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:29 am

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:32 am

:thumbup:

Thanks. I moved off of Kamara as soon as the reports started coming out, so I didn't keep up after that.
Janiel Dones Truther

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:50 am

Csl312 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:45 pm If he gets 8 games or whatever, how can they possibly justify suspending Kamara for any time? Oh right it's the NFL, nothing is consistent and even an "arbitrator" is unlikely to have any systematic way to determine these things. If the violation is of the league policy of just "don't make us look bad" Watson has been way worse for the image than anyone else currently or recently facing suspension.
As much of a creep Watson may be, one of these two players was caught on video committing a felony. The video has always been a pretty major determinant in punishments by the NFL. On the other hand, the other does not face criminal charges and there appears to be no evidence other than he said she said.

I agree the NFL has been pretty random with its punishments in the past, but I'd like to hear some suggestions at how to differentiate felonies and general misconduct. I'm sure it's a challenging job.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:06 am

CGW wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:50 am
Csl312 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:45 pm If he gets 8 games or whatever, how can they possibly justify suspending Kamara for any time? Oh right it's the NFL, nothing is consistent and even an "arbitrator" is unlikely to have any systematic way to determine these things. If the violation is of the league policy of just "don't make us look bad" Watson has been way worse for the image than anyone else currently or recently facing suspension.
As much of a creep Watson may be, one of these two players was caught on video committing a felony. The video has always been a pretty major determinant in punishments by the NFL. On the other hand, the other does not face criminal charges and there appears to be no evidence other than he said she said.

I agree the NFL has been pretty random with its punishments in the past, but I'd like to hear some suggestions at how to differentiate felonies and general misconduct. I'm sure it's a challenging job.
No real suggestion but with a new person handing out punishments agreed by both owners and CBA plus a more concerning appeals process for the player, it will be interesting to see if there is more structure.

The reality though; Life isn't fair and neither is punishment. Every single instance will stand on its own. There is more at play in the NFL than just the act. If you damage the brand nationally the punishment may be different.

Bet on a game and get suspended indefinitely because players can affect outcomes and betting is big business. Get sued by 66 women and 1/2 the fan base is upset and the news cycle is never ending. Beating up another with friends is just a bar room brawl and not really a sustained news story.

The point is, fair or not, don't expect equal suspensions. What Kamara did was bad, probably the worst, but I doubt his suspension rises above a Ridley suspension. No telling on Watson but my guess it will be pretty long based on the image hit the league took and is still taking.
Last edited by Ice on Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:07 am

CGW wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:50 am

I mean, if we're wanting to talk about being consistent... Ben R-is-for-etc got 6 games, down to 4, for one incident of sexual misconduct that was settled without him being arrested nor charged with a crime.

Watson had 24 incidents taken to Civil Court, and 4 of them are still unsettled.

24 x 4 would be a lottttt of games, y'all.

Suspending him for an entire season is actually a light sentence, just going by prior precedent from the last QB who pulled this kind of sh-t.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:15 am

As always with NFL suspensions, if you have video and pictures the penalty is gonna be worse.

If there was not video of kamara he wouldn't be facing any suspension.

If there was video of Watson he would have been thrown out of the league already.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:29 am

"I was also told the NFL presented no evidence of violence, force, threat or coercion in the allegations of the 5 women they focused on at the hearing before Sue Robinson, as first reported by @ProFootballTalk in part. "

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/stat ... 5299585025

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/stat ... 6003665920

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/stat ... 7761556480

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/stat ... 2159272961

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:33 am

zeeshan2 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:29 am "I was also told the NFL presented no evidence of violence, force, threat or coercion in the allegations of the 5 women they focused on at the hearing before Sue Robinson, as first reported by @ProFootballTalk in part. "

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/stat ... 5299585025

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/stat ... 6003665920

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/stat ... 7761556480

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/stat ... 2159272961
no bleep sherlock... if there was evidence, an nfl suspension would be the last of his problems.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:06 am

Lmfao

This has to be a joke right?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:48 pm

JFever wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:06 am

Lmfao

Yes. But we are all just laughing for different reasons.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:17 pm

JFever wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:06 am

Lmfao

No, not at all. Did you read the part where "the NFL presented no evidence of violence, force, threat or coercion in the allegations".

Women "making business decisions" shouldn't be held against him.