Thoughts on Startup Team

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Thoughts on Startup Team

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:33 am

Settings: 12 team SF PPR 1.5 TE Prem; starting lineup: QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2FLX/1SFLX

This is what I have through 18 rounds:

QB: PMahomes, TLawrence, DJones
RB: NChubb, CEH, CEdmonds, JaWilliams
WR: TMcLaurin, CGodwin, CSutton, APierce, JMetchie, DJChark, KGolladay
TE: CKmet, THigbee
2023 Picks: 2 1sts
2024 Picks: 4 1sts
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

BucBuc
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Thoughts on Startup Team

Postby BucBuc » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:38 am

Looks like a very middling team that will undoubtedly have to hit on those 1 st you acquired…. I’d look to move Chubb as well for the right price….Tlaw and Chubb for Burrow or Kyler type of move
TEAM 1
12 Team Half PPR Superflex ..1Qb , 2Rb, 3Wr,1 Te, 2Flex 1Superflex 1Def
QBs: Dak,Goff, Burrow
RBS: Bijan,Pacheco,D.Harris,Fournette,GibsonDillon,Penny, Darell Williams,Chestnut,Ty Chandler,M
Ingram, Goodson, K.Ingram
WR:Lamb,Tee,DJM,AJB, Boyd
TE Goedert,
DEF Eagles, Broncos,

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:36 am

Seems like you have a ton of equity/total team value in this team, would be interested to see the trades for the futures, well done. Did you draft Chubb prior to getting all the future 1sts? Not a contender so I would look to shop him if you can. Ceh Edmonds and Mclaurin I’d move for the right price as well but no rush there, ceh might be better off waiting to see if he jumps in value. Ideally going that future heavy I personally want to come in last or close to it first season, these guys will prevent that.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:39 am

BucBuc wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:38 am Looks like a very middling team that will undoubtedly have to hit on those 1 st you acquired…. I’d look to move Chubb as well for the right price….Tlaw and Chubb for Burrow or Kyler type of move
If the league is active You rarely “have” to hit on 1sts when you acquire this many. Drafting all your firsts in a rebuild is a good way to make your rebuild take 4-5 years. Acquire all the future 1sts, trade most to a rebuilder (or if you get an orphan rebuilder that’s the gold mine) and compete.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:43 am

This team is in an interesting spot out of the gate as you don't look like a contender. I like Mahomes and Lawrence moving forward and that could be a great pair to build around. I think Lawrence could make a jump this year and really help his stock and outlook. Your RB core is tricky with Chubb nearing the end of his top end value. I like having Williams to help build around long term but I would shop Chubb and Edmonds to see if there are any great returns that help long term. I would also shop McLaurin and Sutton to see what the options are league wide. Your team is not bad by any means but I think you could be middle of the pack so shopping to help more long term seems like a safe strategy. If the returns are not out there, hold and hope for the best and/or shop again in season. If Lawrence makes a jump, the great news is you have two big time/valuable starters at QB which is the hardest and most expensive position to lock up in SF.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:09 am

BucBuc wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:38 am Looks like a very middling team that will undoubtedly have to hit on those 1 st you acquired…. I’d look to move Chubb as well for the right price….Tlaw and Chubb for Burrow or Kyler type of move
I had already acquired 2 1sts at that time. Value was clearly with Chubb at that time for me (late 5th) so I just grabbed him.

Think my strategy is going to be to wait and see until August/September. I'll move Chubb and some of the other redrafty players at that time when their value increases if I get a good offer. Otherwise, I can see how my team does in the first month and pivot at that point.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:16 pm

Is “JaWilliams” Javonte or Jamaal? I wasn’t sure since you listed him as you last RB. I’m assuming Jamaal.

It’s kind a mixed start. I like you grabbing the 1sts but you also seemed to draft a little older with Chubb, Sutton, Godwin. What is you plan in terms of which year you plan to put the pedal down and compete?

I could see this team being pretty good if you can sell some of those picks for players mid season to fill holes or upgrade certain starters.

Otherwise, I’m probably looking to sell off some of the older guys already. Chubb/Sutton for Lamb/1st type of deals.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02