Love or no Love? (SFLEX)

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
ZakHH
Role Player
Role Player

Love or no Love? (SFLEX)

Postby ZakHH » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:16 am

12 team half-PPR SFLEX league. My team:

QB: J Herbert, P Mahomes, M Trubisky, G Minshew, J Love
RB: A Ekeler, (B Hall), J Jacobs, D Harris, R Stevenson, M Carter, S Michel
WR: J Chase, D Johnson (PIT), A Cooper, G Davis, J Palmer (LAC), J Meyers, KJ Osborn, DJ Chark, M Hardman
TE: P Freiermuth, D Arnold (JAX)

I put Breece Hall in brackets as our league hasn't drafted yet. But I hold the 1.01 and intend to take Hall.

Anyway, this is about Jordan Love. Is he even worth holding on to? Rodgers will be around for at least 1 more season, probably even 2. Which means Love's rookie contract will have expired by the time he might have a chance to take the field for the Packers.

There is an influx of talented rookie QBs next year, so teams looking for a new solution will probably hit the draft, rather then trading for Love. I honestly think Gardner Minshew has a better chance of finding a new job with some fantasy value before Love does.

Trading him will be tough. Drew Lock and Geno Smith are both on the waiver wire, so owners will probably try to claim one of them off waivers before they'd make any trade offer on Love.

Bottom line: is it worth holding on to him, hoping for something good to happen? Or do I cut them before the draft, which would give me the option to maybe draft Matt Corral or maybe even Malik Willis, if they fall to the 2nd round?

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Love or no Love? (SFLEX)

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:32 am

If holding him is free, you hold him but hes not a guy id feel tied to

Saying that if cutting him simply let me draft a qb id rather just hold him and take a skill guy as its not really love v corrall
Its love+brob/white/tdp etc v corrall
Which is easily the love side

Beer Makes Me Smile
Captain
Captain

Postby Beer Makes Me Smile » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:49 am

He has not looked good when called upon, but I am keeping him on my roster where I have him.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:36 am

If he does not cost anything and you have the space, might as well keep him but I don't think he will ever start. If you have tough cuts, he would be cuttable to me.

ZakHH
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ZakHH » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:17 am

I should have mentioned - we have a 5 QB roster limit in that league.

I'll keep Trubisky, hoping he'll still be a starter in week 8, when both Herbert and Mahomes have their bye week.

I intend to keep Minshew, as I am not 100% sure the Eagles won't bench Hurts at some point this season. Keep in mind, so far, he's been great only for fantasy purposes, not in the NFL.

So if I keep Love as well, I won't be able to draft another QB. Not that I'm overly intrigued by this year's QB class, but you never know how far players like Willis or Corral may drop in the draft.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:17 pm

Green Bay’s Love pick always looked like a projection to me. He looked completely overwhelmed against good defenses in college and that seems to have continued in the limited looks he’s gotten in the NFL. It doesn’t seem like the team plans to provide much support in the way of talented skill players after they moved on from Adams. Love was on my do not draft list and while I think he’s worth more than free, the gap isn’t huge.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker