General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: James Cook

Postby Jfever » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:50 am

Ice wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:11 am
JoeJoe88 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:40 am
remedy29 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:24 am My comment about the weight before was it was mentioned just a few post ago that every where you look James Cook weight is listed at 190. Ignoring the time when he was actually weighed, recorded at the NFL combine, and the weight was 199. :wall:

Also, in a good strong draft class with a few QBs drafted round 1, 3 to 4 RBs with good rookie profiles, and a handful of WRs worthy of 1st round draft grade, James Cook would fall short of being a 1st rounder. But in 2022, James Cook is firmly in the conversation of rookie picks after 1.08 or so.
This. James Cook would be a late 2nd in next years class.
Pure Speculation.

As an exercise, please list the 21 players that will be drafted ahead of him next season in a standard 12 team PPr league. ....Should be interesting.
Strange touch of irony here. Lots of speculation in this thread.

I appreciate the passion.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:53 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:35 am

Pure Speculation.

As an exercise, please list the 21 players that will be drafted ahead of him next season in a standard 12 team PPr league. ....Should be interesting.
He would’ve been a mid-2nd in this years weak class had it not been one of the worst QB classes we’ve ever seen. Early projections for next years draft are forecasting 5-6 1st round QB’s. Add Bijan, Gibbs, Evans, Tucker, Tank, Achane, Vaughn, JSN, Boutee, Addison, Downs, Johnson, Mims, Mayer. That’s off the top of my head.
I could maybe see 1, possibly 2, QB's going in a standard PPr league in the first round at most and that is speculative at best. You must be just thinking only of SF leagues which always skews any draft to QB's.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:57 am

Ice wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:53 am
Pure Speculation.

He would’ve been a mid-2nd in this years weak class had it not been one of the worst QB classes we’ve ever seen. Early projections for next years draft are forecasting 5-6 1st round QB’s. Add Bijan, Gibbs, Evans, Tucker, Tank, Achane, Vaughn, JSN, Boutee, Addison, Downs, Johnson, Mims, Mayer. That’s off the top of my head.
I could maybe see 1, possibly 2, QB's going in a standard PPr league in the first round at most and that is speculative at best. You must be just thinking only of SF leagues which always skews any draft to QB's.
Yes. Isn’t that what the majority of people play? I haven’t played in a 1QB league in many years, I was under the impression that was the norm.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:09 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:57 am
Ice wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:53 am

Yes. Isn’t that what the majority of people play? I haven’t played in a 1QB league in many years, I was under the impression that was the norm.
While PPr scoring is the most popular, I highly doubt the SF formats are the most popular but they do seem to be gaining in popularity.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:11 pm

In a good rookie draft class, with QBs, I can see James Cook going early 2nd in SF leagues. Late second seems a bit much. Trey Sermon was drafted Round 1 last year, and he could barely make the active roster. James Cook is going to be one of the most skilled offensive players for the Bills.

This thread has me thinking. In my home league, I have the 1.03 and 1.09. if I can't land Kenneth Walker, I may just go ahead and draft James Cook at 1.03. This still gives me a top 5 WR at 1.09 in a draft without WR separating themselves.

frerichs5
MVP
MVP

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:06 pm

remedy29 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:11 pm In a good rookie draft class, with QBs, I can see James Cook going early 2nd in SF leagues. Late second seems a bit much. Trey Sermon was drafted Round 1 last year, and he could barely make the active roster. James Cook is going to be one of the most skilled offensive players for the Bills.

This thread has me thinking. In my home league, I have the 1.03 and 1.09. if I can't land Kenneth Walker, I may just go ahead and draft James Cook at 1.03. This still gives me a top 5 WR at 1.09 in a draft without WR separating themselves.
Way too early for me on Cook. But either way, the math doesn’t check out? Haha

RB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
WR
WR

Top 5 WRs would still be gone unless your banking on Pickett going?

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:09 pm

JFever wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:50 am

Pure Speculation.

Strange touch of irony here. Lots of speculation in this thread.

I appreciate the passion.
Well, until players actually play in the NFL, there is nothing to do but speculate.
That is all you will see in any rookie thread, or thread about the 2023 draft class.....all speculation.

Even for players that have already played in the NFL, people just speculate about who will do better than last year, and who will do worse.
Pure, 100% unadulterated speculation.
That's what we do to kill time until the season starts. :thumbup:

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:14 am

frerichs5 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:06 pm
remedy29 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:11 pm In a good rookie draft class, with QBs, I can see James Cook going early 2nd in SF leagues. Late second seems a bit much. Trey Sermon was drafted Round 1 last year, and he could barely make the active roster. James Cook is going to be one of the most skilled offensive players for the Bills.

Top 5 WRs would still be gone unless your banking on Pickett going?
SF, Pickett will be drafted top 8 for sure to QB needy teams. Or at 9 to me. He is one of the few players to retain or increase value after his rookie season.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:47 am

Different situations. Sermon was taken that high with the expectation of a bell cow role in an extremely fantasy friendly environment. James Cook is (generally) expected to be a role player on a team without success turning RBs into elite fantasy producers.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers,l
RB: Pacheco, Spears, Ray Davis, Hubbard, Khalil Herbert, McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Miles Sanders
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, Rashee, Keon Coleman, Pearsall, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, McCaffrey
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:54 am

Ruggenater wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:47 am

Different situations. Sermon was taken that high with the expectation of a bell cow role in an extremely fantasy friendly environment. James Cook is (generally) expected to be a role player on a team without success turning RBs into elite fantasy producers.
Yeah, it’s easy to disparage Sermon now after his rookie year was a complete flop and he got beat out by a sixth rounder. But there was a ton of hype for him last season at this time being the assumed primary ball carrier in the Shanny offense.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:37 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:54 am
Ruggenater wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:47 am

Yeah, it’s easy to disparage Sermon now after his rookie year was a complete flop and he got beat out by a sixth rounder. But there was a ton of hype for him last season at this time being the assumed primary ball carrier in the Shanny offense.
He was overhyped though. That was pretty easy to see, at least to me. He was another RB that should've gone mid 2nd (hindsight probably not drafted) but positional scarcity drove him up to mid-late 1st.

Cook can be viewed in similar fashion, rising up boards as the next best RB, but he's a much much different player and I can at least see a path to success for him. Sermon was just not a good prospect. Nor was Vaughn who shot up draft boards the year prior even though there were 5 top RB in 2020

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:41 am

I feel like we could just pause this forum topic until the season started and wouldn't miss a thing

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:22 am

Shun the nonbelievers. Shunnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:29 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:41 am I feel like we could just pause this forum topic until the season started and wouldn't miss a thing
Then what we would do all off season, talk about Watson....

One has to at least consider is it is pretty ridiculous to read how people want to reach and compare Cook to either Vaughn or Sermon because they had bad rookie campaigns. Why not compare him more to his DNA match brother. Wait, that would make too much actual sense. He has the pedigree, burst, and speed of well.....Cook.

Now GA does have a good coach and were blessed with great players this past year which Cook was one of but it is extremely short sighted to think Cook will ONLY be used like he was in college. That said, Cook was drafted because he has an incredible amount of tools. He also has something else; A family history of success similar to the Watt's on defense or Manning's on offense. Time will tell of course but both backs were round 2 picks and look very similar in style.

Any legit scout or even a fantasy player can see the similarities of the Cook brothers when it comes to burst and vision by just comparing a bit of college tape. Both have solid hands and are by the first wave of defenders in a blink.

So all you naysayers can continue to try to Comp to 4.5 and 4.6 guys that don't even play or profile like Cook but in all honesty it isn't helping your case at all.

Let's just stick to BMI; At least that is debatable and we can call Cook marginally overweight! :biggrin:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:57 am

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:41 am I feel like we could just pause this forum topic until the season started and wouldn't miss a thing
You're right. We should all head back to the Gabe Davis thread :lol: